Changes in capp

Francisco Tolmasky

May 18, 2009, 7:21:59 PM5/18/09
to Cappuccino & Objective-J
I just pushed a new change to capp that adds configuration options
much like git:

capp config name value

This allows us to swap in values when you create projects so you don't
have to go in yourself. For example:

capp config user.name "Francisco Tolmasky"

Now all my new projects will say "Created by Francisco Tolmasky".

Current values that we respect are:

user.name
user.email
organization.name (such as "280 North, Inc.")
organization.url (such as "http://cappuccino.org")
organization.email (such as "feed...@280north.com")
organization.identifier this is the reverse domain identifier, for
example for us it "com.280n". So if I create the project "MyGreatApp",
its identifier becomes "com.280n.MyGreatApp"

If you want to see the values you currently have listed, do:

capp --list (all values)
capp --get name (just the value for name).

Because of this, we now have a new command "gen" for creating the
projects. So instead of "capp myProject" or "capp -f -l", you do "capp
gen myProject" or "capp gen -f -l"

Nicholas Small

May 20, 2009, 6:40:37 PM5/20/09
to Cappuccino & Objective-J
Just a quick update,

It's actually "capp config --list" and "capp config --get name".

--Nick