Problemg with running bootstrap.sh on cygwin

Alexander Kovalev

May 16, 2010, 7:04:42 AM5/16/10
to Cappuccino & Objective-J
Hi, guys!

I'm looking forward to dive into Cappuccino framework, but I have
faced with some problems trying to install development tools.

I have downloaded Starter package to home directory and then tried to
run bootstrap.sh file on cygwin.
It looks like narwhal has been successfully installed but the
following java exception (see below) was thrown

<code>
Using Narwhal installation at "/usr/local/narwhal". Is this correct?
Enter "yes" or "no":
yes
Installing necessary packages...
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/mozilla/
javascript/tools/shell/Main
org.mozilla.javascript.tools.shell.Main
Could not find the main class:
org.mozilla.javascript.tools.shell.Main. Program will exit.
Error: unable to update tusk catalog. Check that you have sufficient
permissions.
</code>

I don't have another rhino engine installed on my computer - I'm not
sure if it matters, but I have looked through some of similar topics
here in this group and in some cases it was really the clue.

As exception was thrown I tried to run tusk or narwhal commands
manually and it appeared that /usr/local/narwhal/bin wasn't included
to $PATH variable at all. I added it to PATH and then retried to run
tusk command manually - the result was the exception provided above -
ClassNotFoundException etc.

Any help on this problem is greatly appreciated.

Alexander

Alexander Kovalev

May 18, 2010, 8:37:35 AM5/18/10
to Cappuccino & Objective-J
Hi!

I still didnt solve this problem
Maybe someone has faced with similar problem?

thank you

On May 16, 3:04 pm, Alexander Kovalev <weneedyourmo...@gmail.com>

Tom Robinson

May 18, 2010, 4:05:34 PM5/18/10
to objec...@googlegroups.com
I don't think we currently support cygwin. Currently your best option is to run it in a Linux VM. Sorry.

p.s. if someone wants to put in the work to support Cygwin or plain Windows shell that would be greatly appreciated ;)

-tom