"Vintage" Linux toy

roger....@gmail.com

Jul 27, 2013, 12:55:51 PM7/27/13
to oa...@googlegroups.com
Hey y'all,

In the process of going through some of the stuff in my old nerd treasures I came across my great little Sharp Zaurus SL-5500 Personal Mobile Tool. I used it for several years and had fun playing around with it a lot until work finally got us all "smart" phones. It's been languishing forgotten in a bin full of bits and pieces and old software in a dark cupboard for some time now and I wondered if anyone else might like to have this spiffy little Linux gadget to ad to their cool Linux gadget collection or maybe even play with a bit.

I've still got the original manuals and software CD, the docking/syncing port, an extra stylus, and a D-Link DCF-660W wireless flash adapter.

If anyone is interested it's yours for the taking, just let me know. Otherwise it'll probably end up at the DI...

Thanks,

Roger Sowerby
Still a loyal Linux user even though I haven't been to a meeting since they were held at WSU.

Samuel Silver

Jul 27, 2013, 1:06:13 PM7/27/13
to oa...@googlegroups.com

Of there are no other taker's I could put it to use. I wouldn't be able to pick it up until tomorrow or Monday though.
Samuel

Site: http://www.oalug.com

jerrick Davis

Jul 27, 2013, 7:44:27 PM7/27/13
to oa...@googlegroups.com
Hmm sounds like fun been looking a new toy to tinker with.  Id be happy to take it :) that is if you don't mind Samuel
--
Jerrick Davis

Samuel Silver

Jul 28, 2013, 12:34:20 PM7/28/13
to oa...@googlegroups.com
I don't mind at all if Jerrick wants it. I was just going to use it as a software sandbox. I have enough toys *cough* "tools" to play with for a while. If you can use it go for it.

Samuel Silver
KC7LGP