Reagan dead at 93

Tarla

Jun 5, 2004, 6:24:06 PM6/5/04
I'm a little surprised that no one else mentioned this yet.
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=519&e=1&u=/ap/20040605/ap_on_re_us/reagan_obit
--
Tarla
****

Nicolaas Hawkins

Jun 5, 2004, 6:48:05 PM6/5/04
On Sun, 06 Jun 2004 10:24:06 +1200, Tarla wrote:

> I'm a little surprised that no one else mentioned this yet.
> http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=519&e=1&u=/ap/20040605/ap_on_re_us/reagan_obit

Maybe we have a finer appreciation of what is important _to New Zealand_.
--

Regards,
Nicolaas.

Distribution site for 2004 Pricelessware CD.
E-Mail me for details. rap...@top.net.nz

- Beware the lightning skulking in the undischarged capacitor!

Trev

Jun 5, 2004, 7:19:22 PM6/5/04

"Tarla" <tarla...@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message

> I'm a little surprised that no one else mentioned this yet.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=519&e=1&u=/ap/20040605/ap_on_re_us/reagan_obit
> --
> Tarla
> ****

Poor old Reagan. I think he had to be the most "used" man in American
politics. That is, he was even more a puppet than most.

I remember seeing the ex-Russian prime minister on Clive James once (whose
extremely famous name escapes me now!). Clive James asked him what he
thought about the meeting he once had with Reagan, where Reagan dropped his
'cue cards' which were replies to pre-set questions from the Russian, and
began reading out the wrong replies to questions, without realising what he
was doing. The prime minister replied something like "well, everyone is
different."

Lol.

Trev

Message has been deleted

E. Scrooge

Jun 5, 2004, 7:51:10 PM6/5/04

"Tarla" <tarla...@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
> I'm a little surprised that no one else mentioned this yet.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=519&e=1&u=/ap/20040605/ap_on
_re_us/reagan_obit
> --
> Tarla

He was fine when I had dinner with him last week. He did mention about
looking forward to going dancing with you in a few days time. I wonder if
that's what did him in?

E. Scrooge

Gib Bogle

Jun 5, 2004, 8:18:30 PM6/5/04
Tarla wrote:

> I'm a little surprised that no one else mentioned this yet.

I'm reminded of what Dorothy Parker said when another ex-president died:
"How can they tell?"

Gib

Newsman

Jun 5, 2004, 8:08:24 PM6/5/04
On Sun, 6 Jun 2004 11:19:22 +1200, "Trev" <tuafan at hotmail.com>
wrote:

>"Tarla" <tarla...@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
>> I'm a little surprised that no one else mentioned this yet.
>>
>http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=519&e=1&u=/ap/20040605/ap_on_re_us/reagan_obit
>> --
>> Tarla
>> ****
>
>Poor old Reagan. I think he had to be the most "used" man in American
>politics. That is, he was even more a puppet than most.
>
>I remember seeing the ex-Russian prime minister on Clive James once (whose
>extremely famous name escapes me now!)

Something like 'Vitalii Vitalyev'?

Patrick FitzGerald

Jun 5, 2004, 8:54:51 PM6/5/04
On Sun, 06 Jun 2004 12:18:30 +1200, Gib Bogle
<bo...@too.much.spam.ihug.co.nz> wrote:

>I'm reminded of what Dorothy Parker said when another ex-president died:
>"How can they tell?"

If I remember right , Dorothy said that about Calvin Coolidge

Patrick

John Cawston

Jun 5, 2004, 9:02:14 PM6/5/04

Tarla wrote:
> I'm a little surprised that no one else mentioned this yet.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=519&e=1&u=/ap/20040605/ap_on_re_us/reagan_obit

He'll be remembered with affection in most quarters.

He put some spine back into the West.

JC

Message has been deleted

Evil Bastard

Jun 5, 2004, 9:36:11 PM6/5/04
Redbaiter wrote:
> Tarla says

>>I'm a little surprised that no one else mentioned this yet.

> I'm not. Who would really want to subject the memory of a brave
> and good man to the smears of the cowardly, sneering, by rote,
> liberal media driven, uninformed leftists that predominate
> here??

True.

Why can't people leave the poor man in peace, so he can enjoy his
afterlife with Chewbacca, Luke, Leia, Han, Mickey, Daisy, Donald, Goofy,
Bugs,...

Carmen

Jun 5, 2004, 10:00:12 PM6/5/04

LOL
What has this to do with NZ, has this some far reaching impact for our day
to day lives ?

Carmen

Jun 5, 2004, 10:00:24 PM6/5/04

"Nicolaas Hawkins" <rap...@top.net.nz> wrote in message

> On Sun, 06 Jun 2004 10:24:06 +1200, Tarla wrote:
>
> > I'm a little surprised that no one else mentioned this yet.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=519&e=1&u=/ap/20040605/ap_on
_re_us/reagan_obit

> Maybe we have a finer appreciation of what is important _to New Zealand_.
> --
>
> Regards,
> Nicolaas.
>
> Distribution site for 2004 Pricelessware CD.
> E-Mail me for details. rap...@top.net.nz

Good comment

JohnO

Jun 5, 2004, 9:56:20 PM6/5/04

"Carmen" <carm...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Yes, but wasted. I've been told by the wanna-be owners of nz.general that
the n.g. charter is "nominally general discussion about NZ topics, but in
reality anti American sentiments and anything else approved by Withers &
Tarla" (and anti-other-stuff by Masterbaiter)". Special credit is given to
those that mindlessly post quoted newpaper articles and editorials,
particularly when in no way connected to "nz general"

Sarns

Jun 5, 2004, 11:02:46 PM6/5/04

"Tarla" <tarla...@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message

LOL... don't find it important??? I'm in alt.obituaries to...being thrashed
in there.

Sarns

Sarns

Jun 5, 2004, 11:05:57 PM6/5/04

"Newsman" <new...@hatricks.co.zn> wrote in message

Maybe Mikhail Gorbechov?? (sp?)

Sarns

Sarns

Jun 5, 2004, 11:09:30 PM6/5/04

"Evil Bastard" <h...@national.org.nz> wrote in message

ROTLFAMOOOOO :p... don't forget Mr Magoo ;-)

Sarns

Message has been deleted

E. Scrooge

Jun 5, 2004, 11:46:55 PM6/5/04

"Sarns" <newac...@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message

And Foghorn Leghorn - though George Bush sounds pretty much the same, so his
passing is hardly noticed.

E. Scrooge

Sarns

Jun 5, 2004, 11:56:04 PM6/5/04

"Redbaiter" <nod...@mail.thanks> wrote in message
> Sarns says
> You two should link up. Sarns will be pleased for the company of
> someone she can look down on intellectually, and Dumb Bastard
> will be pleased to at last find someone who regards his weak
> attempts at humour as funny...

Nahhh it's ok Baity... i'd rather truss u up and roast u... reckon everyone
would be pleased then

Sarns

Message has been deleted

Sarns

Jun 6, 2004, 12:47:48 AM6/6/04

> Sarns says

[snip]

> > Nahhh it's ok Baity... i'd rather truss u up and roast u... reckon
everyone
> > would be pleased then
> >

> I don't think Ashley would be, she thinks she sees a glimmer of
> hope...

Sorry dude...no hope...no hope for u at all :P

Sarns

E. Scrooge

Jun 6, 2004, 12:52:25 AM6/6/04

"Redbaiter" <nod...@mail.thanks> wrote in message
> Sarns says
> I don't think Ashley would be, she thinks she sees a glimmer of
> hope...
>
> --
> Redbaiter

Hardly surprising that she's having eye troubles then. The poor woman is
seeing things, if she sees any hope for you...
Unless she has a damn good telescope that can see a chance for a sad prick
like you over in the next Universe.

E. Scrooge

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

John Cawston

Jun 6, 2004, 1:14:30 AM6/6/04

Tarla wrote:
> I'm a little surprised that no one else mentioned this yet.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=519&e=1&u=/ap/20040605/ap_on_re_us/reagan_obit

Bugger. No one seems prepared to have a go at eulagising this most important
man, so I'll have a go.

In my lifetime, I've lived through three of the great presidencies.. FDR,
Kennedy and Reagan and all of them great in so many ways.

Remember this from JFK?

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay
any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose
any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty."

And Reagan was equally as powerful when, to paraphase, "I wasnt a great
communicator, I was simply communicating great ideas."

I suppose I could include Eisenhower as one of the greats because he was an
icon of freedom in his many days as the Allied Commander and President but I
dont have quite the same feel for him as I was too young to appreciate him
or form a visceral opinion, but he's there in this small bunch of men, along
with Churchill who lead the fight for freedom.

Reagan was a superb champion of freedom and played an enormous part in
freeing hundreds of millions of people by simply standing up to the Soviet
bully. He also restored the mana of the Presidency and made it totally
relevant again.

Rest in peace, Gipper.. you were one of greatest freedom fighters of all
time.

JC

Message has been deleted

Sarns

Jun 6, 2004, 1:33:51 AM6/6/04

> Sarns says

> > > I don't think Ashley would be, she thinks she sees a glimmer of
> > > hope...
> >
> > Sorry dude...no hope...no hope for u at all :P
> >
> Can't you read you moron? Ashley's the one hoping, as any
> macaroni cheese eating myopic middle aged midget would be...
>
> That said, she's probably still got a better chance of getting
> hooked up with some poor sucker than an over the hill flat
> chested big arsed stretch marked bimbo like you.

LOL you REALLY haven't seen a pic of me have u?

Sarns

Evil Bastard

Jun 6, 2004, 1:58:34 AM6/6/04
E. Scrooge wrote:
> And Foghorn Leghorn - though George Bush sounds pretty much the same, so his
> passing is hardly noticed.

Not sure about that.

Dubbhya more reminds me of Yosemite Sam ;p

Karen Hayward-King

Jun 6, 2004, 2:09:27 AM6/6/04
On Sun, 6 Jun 2004 17:33:51 +1200, "Sarns" <newac...@xtra.co.nz>
wrote:

Nope...I don't think he has, Sarns :-)

Obviously he's been following Ashley's posts though...the comments
about 'macaroni cheese', 'midget' and 'myopic' rather give it away...
:-)

--

Karen Hayward-King

'I myself have never been able to find out precisely what
feminism is: I only know that people call me a feminist
whenever I express sentiments that differentiate me from
a doormat.'
Rebecca West

Karen Hayward-King

Jun 6, 2004, 2:13:06 AM6/6/04

Yes, he was one of the good guys.....

Sarns

Jun 6, 2004, 2:21:56 AM6/6/04

"Karen Hayward-King" <kiwi...@yellowsub.net> wrote in message

> On Sun, 6 Jun 2004 17:33:51 +1200, "Sarns" <newac...@xtra.co.nz>
> wrote:
>

> >"Redbaiter" <nod...@mail.thanks> wrote in message
> >> Sarns says

> >> Can't you read you moron? Ashley's the one hoping, as any
> >> macaroni cheese eating myopic middle aged midget would be...
> >>
> >> That said, she's probably still got a better chance of getting
> >> hooked up with some poor sucker than an over the hill flat
> >> chested big arsed stretch marked bimbo like you.
> >
> >LOL you REALLY haven't seen a pic of me have u?
>
> Nope...I don't think he has, Sarns :-)
>
> Obviously he's been following Ashley's posts though...the comments
> about 'macaroni cheese', 'midget' and 'myopic' rather give it away...
> :-)

LOL least we know he can't help himself but read em

Sarns

Message has been deleted

E. Scrooge

Jun 6, 2004, 2:39:45 AM6/6/04

> E. Scrooge says

> > Hardly surprising that she's having eye troubles then. The poor woman
is
> > seeing things, if she sees any hope for you...
> > Unless she has a damn good telescope that can see a chance for a sad
prick
> > like you over in the next Universe.
> >
> You haven't had a screw for a long time have you Dilbert...
>
> --
> Redbaiter

The only screw you'd get is a cross headed one called Phillips, Stanley.

E. Scrooge

Gib Bogle

Jun 6, 2004, 3:08:41 AM6/6/04
Patrick FitzGerald wrote:
> On Sun, 06 Jun 2004 12:18:30 +1200, Gib Bogle
> <bo...@too.much.spam.ihug.co.nz> wrote:
>

>>I'm reminded of what Dorothy Parker said when another ex-president died:
>>"How can they tell?"
>

> If I remember right , Dorothy said that about Calvin Coolidge

That's the one.

Sarns

Jun 6, 2004, 2:56:13 AM6/6/04

> Sarns says
> Probably no one else has either.. not a real one anyway...

You're wrong there...i've posted links to my pic before

Sarns

Message has been deleted

Bill E. Goat Gruff III

Jun 6, 2004, 3:27:00 AM6/6/04
Tarla wrote:

> I'm a little surprised that no one else mentioned this yet.
> http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=519&e=1&u=/ap/20040605/ap_on_re_us/reagan_obit

> --
> Tarla
> ****
> Life does not consist mainly, or even largely, of facts
> and happenings. It consists mainly of the storm of thought
> that is forever flowing through one's head
> --Mark Twain

He was a great man who gave America back her pride.

Sarns

Jun 6, 2004, 3:32:09 AM6/6/04

> Sarns says

[snip]

> > You're wrong there...i've posted links to my pic before
> >

> Duh....
>
> You missed the point deary. How does anyone know its really
> you??

LOL DUH you.... there are people on here who know me personally

Sarns

E. Scrooge

Jun 6, 2004, 3:42:30 AM6/6/04

"Redbaiter" <nod...@mail.thanks> wrote in message
> Sarns says
> Probably no one else has either.. not a real one anyway...
>
> --
> Redbaiter

Probably only most people in the group. Sarns had a picture on a website
with a link about 2 months ago. So tough luck on that one sport - and you
actually live in the groups.

E. Scrooge

Message has been deleted

Divine

Jun 6, 2004, 4:09:20 AM6/6/04
On Sun, 06 Jun 2004 19:27:00 +1200, Bill E. Goat Gruff III wrote:

> He was a great man who gave America back her pride.

LOL - and look what the two President Shrubs have done to it!

The USA is neither peace-loving nor democratic. It's current President is
a warmonger and only obtained office because his brother rigged the
election.

How could anyone possibly be proud of such dealings?

Divine

--
Benjamin Franklin: "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a
little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Sarns

Jun 6, 2004, 4:17:08 AM6/6/04

> Sarns says
> Hey Sarns, just think about it.. how are you going to prove to
> me that the picture is really you?? It could be a friend of
> yours. Or anybody. I have heard there is plenty of ugly girls
> posting someone else's photo to try and hook a guy.
>
> (You expect me to accept the word of bed pan using dildos like
> Scwooge as verification?? That useless old wank could be bought
> for a melting Snickers....)

LOL Baity boy... your efforts aren't worth it doll... give up.

Sarns

Sarns

Jun 6, 2004, 4:18:03 AM6/6/04

"Sarns" <newac...@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message

Oh... but if you're up to a challenge... give me your msn or yahoo...i'll
meet u on cam..if u dare, but i request that u have a cam to.

Sarns

E. Scrooge

Jun 6, 2004, 4:37:40 AM6/6/04

"Karen Hayward-King" <kiwi...@yellowsub.net> wrote in message

No one gave him a thought last week while he was still alive.

And tough luck to everyone else that died today as well, who were good
people.

E. Scrooge

Message has been deleted

Sarns

Jun 6, 2004, 4:53:43 AM6/6/04

> Sarns says
> How will I know its you, and how will you know its
> Redbaiter...??

I have my drivers license... ahhh but yes..how would i know it's u baityboy
..this is true...seeing as u hide behind a pseudonym

> Give it up Sarnsy... leave me in peace with my mental image..

Give up... is not in my vocabulary at least..

> OK, I tell you what, just to please you, I'll change my image of
> you to a svelte and elegant blonde(?) OK?

Never professed to be svelte...however...for 42...not to damn bad either.

> You can continue to regard Redbaiter as a toothless short
> sighted over weight pointy headed hair covered simian
> septuagenarian with short legs, long arms and a loping gait.
> Fair enough?

OK... but i'm still nosey and up to the challenge... if u can prove to me
who you are....(turn the books)

Sarns

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Sarns

Jun 6, 2004, 5:26:27 AM6/6/04

"Col:" <C...@xtra.con> wrote in message
> I can post one if you like Sarns . :)
> ]

LOLOL Col... so can i ;-)

Sarns

E. Scrooge

Jun 6, 2004, 6:03:42 AM6/6/04

"Col:" <C...@xtra.con> wrote in message
> On Sun, 6 Jun 2004 18:56:13 +1200, "Sarns" <newac...@xtra.co.nz> wrote:
>

> I can post one if you like Sarns . :)
> ]
> --
>
> Col

You're more clever than people give you credit for. That 12 month computer
course in the TV Guide has certainly paid off for you.

E. Scrooge

E. Scrooge

Jun 6, 2004, 6:18:39 AM6/6/04

> On Sun, 6 Jun 2004 18:39:45 +1200, "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz
(*sling)>
> Now that he mentioned it Redbaiter may be right. When did you have you
last fuck
> ?
> --
>
> Col

Now that you mention it, did you manage to last longer than 30 seconds on
your last fuck, and was she still laughing for the next 20 minutes?
I just hope that she wasn't a 4 legged friend of your dog's.

E. Scrooge

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Sarns

Jun 6, 2004, 6:22:57 AM6/6/04

> Yeah. But I wasn't in a girraffe costume.. LOL

LOLOL i aint even going there

Sarns

Trev

Jun 6, 2004, 6:27:27 AM6/6/04

> "Newsman" <new...@hatricks.co.zn> wrote in message
> > On Sun, 6 Jun 2004 11:19:22 +1200, "Trev" <tuafan at hotmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >

> > >"Tarla" <tarla...@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message

>http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=519&e=1&u=/ap/20040605/ap_o
> n_re_us/reagan_obit
> > >
> > >Poor old Reagan. I think he had to be the most "used" man in American
> > >politics. That is, he was even more a puppet than most.
> > >
> > >I remember seeing the ex-Russian prime minister on Clive James once
> (whose
> > >extremely famous name escapes me now!)
> >
> > Something like 'Vitalii Vitalyev'?
>
> Maybe Mikhail Gorbechov?? (sp?)
>
> Sarns

Gorbachov -thats the one.

:-)

Trev

steve

Jun 6, 2004, 6:40:27 AM6/6/04
JohnO wrote:

> Yes, but wasted. I've been told by the wanna-be owners of nz.general that
> the n.g. charter is "nominally general discussion about NZ topics, but in
> reality anti American sentiments and anything else approved by Withers &
> Tarla" (and anti-other-stuff by Masterbaiter)". Special credit is given to
> those that mindlessly post quoted newpaper articles and editorials,
> particularly when in no way connected to "nz general"

So......what other newsgroup would you go to in order to discuss
'general' topics with other Kiwis?

There isn't one that I know of.

Maybe you do?

steve

Jun 6, 2004, 6:45:20 AM6/6/04
Karen Hayward-King wrote:

> Yes, he was one of the good guys.....

...very much a line call.

Youmight not hold him in such high regard if you were one of the 10,000
dead Nicaraguans......killed by the Contras Reagan paid for as the US
worked to topple the democratically elected government of that country.

Like any President....he was a mixed bag of some good and some bad and
given the scale and scope of the office, the degree of both could be
extreme at times.

steve

Jun 6, 2004, 6:47:34 AM6/6/04
E. Scrooge wrote:

> No one gave him a thought last week while he was still alive.

Oddly enough, I thought about Reagan several times last week while I
read articles that compared him and his terms with Bush II's term.

I thought he must be almost gone as Nancy reagan had said a couple of
months ago that Ronald Reagan was now beyond reach in terms of his
alzheimers.

Message has been deleted

Patrick Dunford

Jun 6, 2004, 6:56:05 AM6/6/04
In article <pan.2004.06.06.08.09.19.177941@TRACKER>,
nos...@nospam.invalid.com says...

> On Sun, 06 Jun 2004 19:27:00 +1200, Bill E. Goat Gruff III wrote:
>
> > He was a great man who gave America back her pride.
>
> LOL - and look what the two President Shrubs have done to it!
>
> The USA is neither peace-loving nor democratic. It's current President is
> a warmonger and only obtained office because his brother rigged the
> election.
>
> How could anyone possibly be proud of such dealings?

Anyone who doesn't claim to be descended from that great bastion of
feudalism and undemocratic aristocracy the British Crown.

The US is the most democratic and free country in the western world,
whereas in this country we have a pathetic pack of socialist idiots for
government.

E. Scrooge

Jun 6, 2004, 7:33:32 AM6/6/04

"Col:" <C...@xtra.con> wrote in message
> On Sun, 6 Jun 2004 21:26:27 +1200, "Sarns" <newac...@xtra.co.nz> wrote:
>

> Yeah. But I wasn't in a girraffe costume.. LOL
> --
>
> Col

The way you stick your neck out you'd be a damn good fit in it.
LOL

E. Scrooge

E. Scrooge

Jun 6, 2004, 7:40:11 AM6/6/04

"steve" <st...@mozilla-tbird0.6.org.nz> wrote in message

It's for the best that the poor guy's body has caught up with his mind which
left years earlier.
Awful thing to happen to anyone, especially for their family as well.

E. Scrooge

Message has been deleted

Sarns

Jun 6, 2004, 8:04:47 AM6/6/04

> Sarns says

> > > OK, I tell you what, just to please you, I'll change my image of
> > > you to a svelte and elegant blonde(?) OK?
> >
> > Never professed to be svelte...however...for 42...not to damn bad
either.

> > > You can continue to regard Redbaiter as a toothless short
> > > sighted over weight pointy headed hair covered simian
> > > septuagenarian with short legs, long arms and a loping gait.
> > > Fair enough?
> >
> > OK... but i'm still nosey and up to the challenge... if u can prove to
me
> > who you are....(turn the books)
> >

> You realise you're making Ash insanely jealous?

*yawn*...

Ash is welcome to ya LOL...u aren't a challenge.

Sarns

Carmen

Jun 6, 2004, 8:46:25 AM6/6/04

"JohnO" <sp...@me.com> wrote in message

> "Carmen" <carm...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "Nicolaas Hawkins" <rap...@top.net.nz> wrote in message

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=519&e=1&u=/ap/20040605/ap_on
> > _re_us/reagan_obit
> > >
> > > Maybe we have a finer appreciation of what is important _to New
> Zealand_.
> > > --
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Nicolaas.
> > >
> > > Distribution site for 2004 Pricelessware CD.
> > > E-Mail me for details. rap...@top.net.nz
> > >

> > Good comment

> Yes, but wasted. I've been told by the wanna-be owners of nz.general that
> the n.g. charter is "nominally general discussion about NZ topics, but in
> reality anti American sentiments and anything else approved by Withers &
> Tarla" (and anti-other-stuff by Masterbaiter)". Special credit is given to
> those that mindlessly post quoted newpaper articles and editorials,
> particularly when in no way connected to "nz general"

So what if anything, do you think we can do about this ?

Message has been deleted

TOE

Jun 6, 2004, 2:00:11 PM6/6/04

> Youmight not hold him in such high regard if you were one of the 10,000
> dead Nicaraguans......killed by the Contras Reagan paid for as the US
> worked to topple the democratically elected government of that country.

Overthrowing a communist government is one
of the most respectable pursuits in which a
human can engage.

> Like any President....he was a mixed bag of some good and some bad and
> given the scale and scope of the office, the degree of both could be
> extreme at times.

He is responsible for freeing more people
than anyone in the history of the World.

-TOE

TOE

Jun 6, 2004, 2:04:39 PM6/6/04

"Divine" <nos...@nospam.invalid.com> wrote in message

> On Sun, 06 Jun 2004 19:27:00 +1200, Bill E. Goat Gruff III wrote:

> > He was a great man who gave America back her pride.

> LOL - and look what the two President Shrubs have done to it!
>
> The USA is neither peace-loving nor democratic. It's current President is
> a warmonger and only obtained office because his brother rigged the
> election.
>
> How could anyone possibly be proud of such dealings?

I don't see how anybody could! Of course,
we are all fortunate in that nothing you wrote
is true.

-TOE

> Divine
>
> --
> Benjamin Franklin: "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a
> little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

TOE

Jun 6, 2004, 2:17:17 PM6/6/04

> Maybe Mikhail Gorbechov?? (sp?)

Yes. Gorbechev was the man that Reagan
slapped around in Iceland they way a cat
handles a blind mouse. After Reagan informed
Gorby that it was freedom or nothing, Gorby
was let with no alternative but to cave. As a
result, this led to the greatest liberation in the
history of mankind.

-TOE

> Sarns

Tarla

Jun 6, 2004, 3:45:20 PM6/6/04

You really don't have any idea of the reality versus the propaganda.
New Zealand is much more like America claims to be than America
actually is.
--
Tarla
****
Life does not consist mainly, or even largely, of facts
and happenings. It consists mainly of the storm of thought
that is forever flowing through one's head
--Mark Twain

E. Scrooge

Jun 6, 2004, 6:47:39 PM6/6/04

> On Sun, 6 Jun 2004 23:33:32 +1200, "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz
(*sling)>
> Unlike you Norris I haven't tried to get into Harold . LMFAO
>
> --
>
> Col

I'm sure you've been spotted carrying a ladder through Orana Park towards
the giraffes looking for Harold.
LMAO

E. Scrooge

Newsman

Jun 6, 2004, 7:26:58 PM6/6/04
On Sun, 6 Jun 2004 17:14:30 +1200, "John Cawston"
<rewa...@ihug.co.nz> wrote:

>Reagan was a superb champion of freedom and played an enormous part in
>freeing hundreds of millions of people by simply standing up to the Soviet
>bully. He also restored the mana of the Presidency and made it totally
>relevant again.

I'm old enough to clearly recall those such as Stalin, Eisenhower,
Churchill and Krushchev, and events like the Soviet invasions of
Hungary and Czechoslovakia, the world fearfully held its breath over
the nuclear standoff between East and West and the implacable
ideological conflict between them: Mutually Assured Destruction.

Through his administration's policies, Reagan brought the threat of an
apocalyptic WW3 rapidly to an end. The sense of release from almost
half a century of terror, and the prospect of universal "freedom" in
1989 as the Wall came down was palpable. Add to this Gorbachev's
(albeit tentative) Glasnost, and there was at last hope of a better
and more peaceful world.

I fully echo John's final sentence (above).

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

John Cawston

Jun 6, 2004, 8:12:42 PM6/6/04

Redbaiter wrote:
> Newsman says

> Struggles to fight off fainting spell.....
>
> (has to be a tactical ploy right??)

He's waiting for the other shoe to drop :)

JC

Karen Hayward-King

Newsman

Jun 6, 2004, 8:49:02 PM6/6/04
On Mon, 7 Jun 2004 12:12:42 +1200, "John Cawston"
<rewa...@ihug.co.nz> wrote:

Then he waits in vain John, because in the grim, cloistered twilight
of his hapless self-delusion he has me, of all people, pegged as a
"lefty".

Be gentle with himJohn. He can never know any better.

Geoff McCaughan

Jun 6, 2004, 10:53:58 PM6/6/04
Tarla <tarla...@xtra.co.nz> wrote:

> You really don't have any idea of the reality versus the propaganda.
> New Zealand is much more like America claims to be than America
> actually is.

Yup. I wonder if Patrick has ever even *been* to America?

--
Burn the land and boil the sea,
You can't take the sky from me.

TOE

Jun 6, 2004, 11:10:53 PM6/6/04

> You really don't have any idea of the reality versus the propaganda.
> New Zealand is much more like America claims to be than America
> actually is.

Than you have absolutely no idea what America
is supposed to be. Even if it was everything that
it was supposed to be, it would look nothing
like New Zealand.

-TOE

Tarla

Jun 7, 2004, 12:35:13 AM6/7/04
On Sun, 6 Jun 2004 23:10:53 -0400, "TOE" <then...@komBOINKcast.nYet>
wrote:

>"Tarla" <tarla...@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
>
>> You really don't have any idea of the reality versus the propaganda.
>> New Zealand is much more like America claims to be than America
>> actually is.
>
>Than you have absolutely no idea what America
>is supposed to be. Even if it was everything that
>it was supposed to be, it would look nothing
>like New Zealand.

Since I grew up there, I reckon that my understanding of America is
just as good as yours is.

And you're right, it would look nothing like New Zealand. New Zealand
is Godzone, America can't come close.

E. Scrooge

Jun 7, 2004, 12:55:22 AM6/7/04

> On Sun, 06 Jun 2004 22:45:20 +1200, steve
> <st...@mozilla-tbird0.6.org.nz> wrote:
>
> >Karen Hayward-King wrote:
> >
> >> Yes, he was one of the good guys.....
> >
> >...very much a line call.
> >
> >Youmight not hold him in such high regard if you were one of the 10,000
> >dead Nicaraguans......killed by the Contras Reagan paid for as the US
> >worked to topple the democratically elected government of that country.
> >
> >Like any President....he was a mixed bag of some good and some bad and
> >given the scale and scope of the office, the degree of both could be
> >extreme at times.
>
> All in all, though...he was definitely one of the good guys. :-)
>
> --
>
> Karen Hayward-King

For the last few days Reagan has probably been more popular than Bush is,
and most likely still is.

E. Scrooge

steve

Jun 7, 2004, 6:59:35 AM6/7/04

Yet it's hard to feel too sorry for a guy like Reagan..who's actions
killed thousands of people....and he lived to 93.

Looks like only the good die young.

steve

Jun 7, 2004, 7:03:14 AM6/7/04
Karen Hayward-King wrote:
> On Sun, 06 Jun 2004 22:45:20 +1200, steve
> <st...@mozilla-tbird0.6.org.nz> wrote:
>

>>Karen Hayward-King wrote:
>>

>>>Yes, he was one of the good guys.....
>>
>>...very much a line call.
>>
>>Youmight not hold him in such high regard if you were one of the 10,000
>>dead Nicaraguans......killed by the Contras Reagan paid for as the US
>>worked to topple the democratically elected government of that country.
>>
>>Like any President....he was a mixed bag of some good and some bad and
>>given the scale and scope of the office, the degree of both could be
>>extreme at times.
>
> All in all, though...he was definitely one of the good guys. :-)

I can't agree.

Anyone directly responsible for the deaths of at least 10,000 people
doesn't rate anywhere close to "good".

It's more a matter of how bad they were compared to the other bad guys.

If an NZ PM ever decded to fund an insurgency in - say - Western Samoa
because the Western Samoans had elected a socialist government....and
that insurgency then proceeded to kill thousands of people, I do not
think we would fondly remeber that PM.

US Presidents aren't gods. Too often they are murdering arseholes.

The present incumbent being all too typical.

E. Scrooge

Jun 7, 2004, 7:07:38 AM6/7/04

"steve" <st...@mozilla-tbird0.6.org.nz> wrote in message

LOL
If you've got all your marbles at 93, you'll be in for a bit of shock
knowing that your death will be anytime very soon. It's not a pleasent
thought at any age.

E. Scrooge

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Tom Enright

Jun 7, 2004, 8:30:17 AM6/7/04

> On Sun, 6 Jun 2004 23:10:53 -0400, "TOE" <then...@komBOINKcast.nYet>
> wrote:

> >"Tarla" <tarla...@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
> >
> >> You really don't have any idea of the reality versus the propaganda.
> >> New Zealand is much more like America claims to be than America
> >> actually is.

> >Than you have absolutely no idea what America
> >is supposed to be. Even if it was everything that
> >it was supposed to be, it would look nothing
> >like New Zealand.

> Since I grew up there, I reckon that my understanding of America is
> just as good as yours is.

Let me put it this way: If you understood America you would be in no
way suggesting that the US government dictate to individuals how much
vacation time they should grant to their employees. You may think they
should, and that's fine, but it is most definetly not what America
is supposed to be about.

> And you're right, it would look nothing like New Zealand. New Zealand
> is Godzone, America can't come close.

Then it is very good that you live there. I know two people who have
lived there, one who was born in the US and moved there for a few years
then returned and another who was born in NZ and emmigrated to the US.
They both had mostly positive things to say about the island.

-TOE

"Wolfowitz is a demonic figure to the anti-war types for little reason
other than his name begins with a big scary animal and ends Jewishly."
-Mark Steyn

Patrick Dunford

Jun 7, 2004, 9:12:33 AM6/7/04
In article <40c4...@news.orcon.net.nz>, st...@mozilla-tbird0.6.org.nz
says...

Reagan's actions in bringing the Cold War to an end saved thousands of
lives from the tyrannical security forces in those countries.

Divine

Jun 7, 2004, 9:24:20 AM6/7/04
On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 05:30:17 -0700, Tom Enright wrote:

>> And you're right, it would look nothing like New Zealand. New Zealand
>> is Godzone, America can't come close.
>
> Then it is very good that you live there.

Tarla doesn't live there anymore - she lives here. She has escaped the
indoctrination and propaganda of the USA and has been accepted to live in
a better land, in a better society.

Divine

--
The Queen's Mother: "Well I don't know what all you queens are doing,
but this old Queen wants a drink."

Tom Enright

Jun 7, 2004, 9:59:03 AM6/7/04
steve <st...@mozilla-tbird0.6.org.nz> wrote in message news:<40c4...@news.orcon.net.nz>...

> Yet it's hard to feel too sorry for a guy like Reagan..who's actions
> killed thousands of people....and he lived to 93.
>
> Looks like only the good die young.

Sorry I missed it before, but happy 1,559,293rd Birthday!

-TOE

te...@texasremovethisbit.usa.com

Jun 7, 2004, 9:49:04 AM6/7/04
On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 23:03:14 +1200, steve
<st...@mozilla-tbird0.6.org.nz> wrote:

Steve, would you please now list those dictators/heads of State et al
who also have 'murdered' their citizens.

Ya gotta be fair....

Cath

Morrissey Breen

Jun 7, 2004, 11:49:51 AM6/7/04
Karen Hayward-King <kiwi...@yellowsub.net> wrote in message news:<tdd5c09mhsdkakvd8...@4ax.com>...

> Yes, he was one of the good guys.....

Are you NUTS? Do you know nothing about Reagan's mal-administration -
terrorism against millions of peasants in central America, the
amazingly cynical Iran-Contra deception, continued support for
apartheid South Africa, support for Saddam Hussein and his chemical
weapon massacres of the Kurds and Iranians? Reagan was one of the
more cynical and hypocritical presidents, and that's really saying
something!

Tom Enright

Jun 7, 2004, 2:07:49 PM6/7/04
Divine <nos...@nospam.invalid.com> wrote in message news:<pan.2004.06.07.13.24.20.557126@TRACKER>...

> On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 05:30:17 -0700, Tom Enright wrote:

> >> And you're right, it would look nothing like New Zealand. New Zealand
> >> is Godzone, America can't come close.

> > Then it is very good that you live there.

> Tarla doesn't live there anymore - she lives here. She has escaped the
> indoctrination and propaganda of the USA and has been accepted to live in
> a better land, in a better society.

I have no doubt that New Zealand is a better land and a better society
for Tarla.

-TOE

"In 1983, I was confined to an eight-by-ten-foot prison cell on the border
of Siberia. My Soviet jailers gave me the privilege of reading the latest
copy of Pravda. Splashed across the front page was a condemnation of
President Ronald Reagan for having the temerity to call the Soviet Union
an 'evil empire.' Tapping on walls and talking through toilets, word of
Reagan's "provocation" quickly spread throughout the prison. We dissidents
were ecstatic. Finally, the leader of the free world had spoken the truth
– a truth that burned inside the heart of each and every one of us."
-Natan Sharansky

> Divine

Tarla

Jun 7, 2004, 4:24:43 PM6/7/04
On Mon, 7 Jun 2004 23:07:38 +1200, "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz
(*sling)> wrote:

>LOL
>If you've got all your marbles at 93, you'll be in for a bit of shock
>knowing that your death will be anytime very soon. It's not a pleasent
>thought at any age.

My grandmother's got all her marbles at 99, and she still looks
forward to learning a new thing every day.

Tarla

Jun 7, 2004, 4:27:42 PM6/7/04
On 7 Jun 2004 05:30:17 -0700, alic...@yahoo.com (Tom Enright) wrote:

>> Since I grew up there, I reckon that my understanding of America is
>> just as good as yours is.
>
>Let me put it this way: If you understood America you would be in no
>way suggesting that the US government dictate to individuals how much
>vacation time they should grant to their employees. You may think they
>should, and that's fine, but it is most definetly not what America
>is supposed to be about.

It's also not supposed to be about pre-emptive wars but look what
you're up to nowadays...

>> And you're right, it would look nothing like New Zealand. New Zealand
>> is Godzone, America can't come close.
>
>Then it is very good that you live there. I know two people who have
>lived there, one who was born in the US and moved there for a few years
>then returned and another who was born in NZ and emmigrated to the US.
>They both had mostly positive things to say about the island.

I lived in the US for 45 years. I'll never go back to live, and the
only reason I might set foot in the country again is for my
grandmother's 100 birthday.

JohnO

Jun 7, 2004, 4:59:17 PM6/7/04

"steve" <st...@mozilla-tbird0.6.org.nz> wrote in message

How many more would be dead and in re-education camps if he was never there?

Still, not what you really care about anyway is it, Withers?

Mutlley

Jun 7, 2004, 6:09:21 PM6/7/04
steve <st...@mozilla-tbird0.6.org.nz> wrote:

>I can't agree.
>
>Anyone directly responsible for the deaths of at least 10,000 people
>doesn't rate anywhere close to "good".
>
>It's more a matter of how bad they were compared to the other bad guys.
>
>If an NZ PM ever decded to fund an insurgency in - say - Western Samoa
>because the Western Samoans had elected a socialist government....and
>that insurgency then proceeded to kill thousands of people, I do not
>think we would fondly remeber that PM.
>
>US Presidents aren't gods. Too often they are murdering arseholes.
>
>The present incumbent being all too typical.

Good old Steve. Always pushing his anti US barrow....

David Lloyd

Jun 7, 2004, 7:39:02 PM6/7/04

I'll get the list rolling:

Hitler
Stalin
Milosevic
Pinochet
Mugabe
Mao
Saddam
Kim Il Jung
Sukarno
Marcos
Ruling military junta in Myanmar (Burma)
Pol Pot

Divine

Jun 7, 2004, 8:55:56 PM6/7/04
On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 11:07:49 -0700, Tom Enright wrote:

>> Tarla doesn't live there anymore - she lives here. She has escaped the
>> indoctrination and propaganda of the USA and has been accepted to live in
>> a better land, in a better society.
>
> I have no doubt that New Zealand is a better land and a better society
> for Tarla.

"For Tarla"???

It *IS* a better land and it *HAS* a better society.

Divine

--
"Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity."

It is loading more messages.