I hope you all burn

1 view

Tricia

Dec 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/13/98
On Mon, 14 Dec 1998 07:12:09 GMT, j...@ihug.co.nz wrote:

>To those 3 Maoris who stole the stereo out of my sons car , and in
>the process did a lot of damage to his alarm and his door under
>Valentine`s restaurant in Manukau city this Sunday afternoon .
>I sincerely pray that you and all your f*cking scumbag mates kill
>yourself against a powerpole as soon as possible , and when your
>useless stinking brain drips out of your filthy ears and nose just
>before your car catches fire and every dirty molecule of your mashed
>body burns to shit , then I hope that the stereo where my son has
>worked many hours for, plays your favourite song.
>But brainless mongrel dogs like you would not read this newsgroup ,
>but if you do on your stolen PC , we are looking for you and your
>f*cking filthy mates.

Now tell us all how you really feel, go on, don't hold it in, let it
out

sheesh

Tricia

"The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be
taken seriously.’" Hubert Humphrey

Greig McGill

Dec 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/13/98
In article <36788263...@news.ihug.co.nz>, rab...@xxxxtra.co.nz (Tricia) wrote:
>On Mon, 14 Dec 1998 07:12:09 GMT, j...@ihug.co.nz wrote:
>> <<Spleen Venting>>

>Now tell us all how you really feel, go on, don't hold it in, let it
>out
>
>sheesh

Come on Tricia.

I've had the same thing happen to me, and I can tell you it makes you
extremely angry. At least jh is venting his anger rather than bottling it up.

There's nothing worse than working hard for something you enjoy, then having
some shit come along and just decide they should have it rather than you...

I would have had blood on my hands if I'd caught the sh*t(s) who smashed my
car and stole my stereo - and then I'D have been prosecuted...

Nope, better he lets it out here...

Greig McGill
ri...@sod.off.spam.bot.bastards.wave.co.nz - Remove the obvious...
http://www.wave.co.nz/pages/rider/ <-- The Still Website
"Welcome to me and my place" - Still

Tricia

Dec 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/13/98
On Sun, 13 Dec 1998 10:50:16 GMT, ke...@south-park.co.nz (Greig
McGill) wrote:

>Come on Tricia.

>I've had the same thing happen to me, and I can tell you it makes you
>extremely angry. At least jh is venting his anger rather than bottling it up.

Yes granted, but it is the racist slant that I didn't think was
necessary and drove me to facetiousness. I am very sorry about what
happened to his son, I apologise to jh for not stating that.

>There's nothing worse than working hard for something you enjoy, then having
>some shit come along and just decide they should have it rather than you...
>
>I would have had blood on my hands if I'd caught the sh*t(s) who smashed my
>car and stole my stereo - and then I'D have been prosecuted...

>Nope, better he lets it out here...

sheesh you sound like a psych nurse lol

Lin Nah

Dec 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/13/98
On Sun, 13 Dec 1998 09:32:53 GMT, nos...@dpf.ac.nz (DPF) wrote:

>On Mon, 14 Dec 1998 07:12:09 GMT in nz.general j...@ihug.co.nz wrote: in
><3674b965...@news.ihug.co.nz>:

>>To those 3 Maoris who stole the stereo out of my sons car , and in
>>the process did a lot of damage to his alarm and his door under
>>Valentine`s restaurant in Manukau city this Sunday afternoon .
>

>I take it the crime was observed then?
and what significance will that be?

All the police would want to know is the exact description and
direction. When there was a group of guys breaking into my car in
June, and scared off by a neighbour opeining her door, it was not
enough to say there are 3 guys running down the road and along Gt
South Rd near my rd (my road goes into gt south rd) - no idea if they
went left or right as the neighbour didn't wait to see before coming
to let me know. By the time I went to ask the neighbour where and a
better description and got back to them it was too late.

sigh
lin

Greig McGill

Dec 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/13/98
In article <367c90b7...@news.ihug.co.nz>, rab...@xxxxtra.co.nz (Tricia) wrote:
>On Sun, 13 Dec 1998 10:50:16 GMT, ke...@south-park.co.nz (Greig
>McGill) wrote:
>>I've had the same thing happen to me, and I can tell you it makes you
>>extremely angry. At least jh is venting his anger rather than bottling it up.
>
>Yes granted, but it is the racist slant that I didn't think was
>necessary and drove me to facetiousness. I am very sorry about what
>happened to his son, I apologise to jh for not stating that.

True - he has been a bit of a racist in the past...
But I think he merely identified the culprits as Maori - not used their race
as the basis for an insult!

>>Nope, better he lets it out here...
>
>sheesh you sound like a psych nurse lol

Hehe - computer systems engineer is close - we deal with the creations of a
maniacal lunatic everyday...Windows 98 indeed... ;)

Squirrel

Dec 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/13/98
McGill) wrote:

>In article <36788263...@news.ihug.co.nz>, rab...@xxxxtra.co.nz (Tricia) wrote:
>>On Mon, 14 Dec 1998 07:12:09 GMT, j...@ihug.co.nz wrote:
>>> <<Spleen Venting>>
>>
>>Now tell us all how you really feel, go on, don't hold it in, let it
>>out
>>
>>sheesh
>
>Come on Tricia.
>

>I've had the same thing happen to me, and I can tell you it makes you
>extremely angry. At least jh is venting his anger rather than bottling it up.
>

>There's nothing worse than working hard for something you enjoy, then having
>some shit come along and just decide they should have it rather than you...
>
>I would have had blood on my hands if I'd caught the sh*t(s) who smashed my
>car and stole my stereo - and then I'D have been prosecuted...
>

>Nope, better he lets it out here...

thats interesting, I actually thought it was a female post for various
reasons, wonder if we will ever fucken find fucken out???

Squirrel

Craig Sutton

Dec 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/13/98

j...@ihug.co.nz wrote in article <3674b965...@news.ihug.co.nz>...

> To those 3 Maoris who stole the stereo out of my sons car , and in
> the process did a lot of damage to his alarm and his door under
> Valentine`s restaurant in Manukau city this Sunday afternoon .

I was watching BBC World early this morning and saw the latest South
African Car security device. It consisted of small metal pipes running out
the sides/front /back gas was fed through the pipeing and an electric
ignition switch ignitied the gas. Causeing the nasty car-jackers to get
well and truely toasted!!

Sarndra

Dec 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/13/98

DPF wrote in message <3679a008...@news.xtra.co.nz>...
>On Sun, 13 Dec 1998 09:58:28 GMT in nz.general Lin Nah wrote: in
><36738e78...@news.auckland.ac.nz>:

>>On Sun, 13 Dec 1998 09:32:53 GMT, nos...@dpf.ac.nz (DPF) wrote:

>>>I take it the crime was observed then?
>>and what significance will that be?
>>

>I was just curious as to how he knew they were Maoris.
>
>DPF

They had copies of the Treaty of Waitangi under their arms!!!!

Stealing what is theirs?????

TTFN
*< :-} merry christmas

Sarndra

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
visit my website www.angelfire.com/ok/nzfamily

Joe Blow

Dec 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/13/98
<j...@ihug.co.nz> wrote:

> But brainless mongrel dogs like you would not read this newsgroup ,
> but if you do on your stolen PC , we are looking for you and your
> f*cking filthy mates.

A friend of mine (ex school 1st 15 captain, now early 40's, and VERY
large) was working late one night in Wellington.

He finally finished and walked out the back of his building to find a
youth sitting in his car, removing stereo.

The youth made it to the rear fence, and was half way over it when my
friend got to him. Let's just say that in the end, the almost-thief was
pleading for the beating to stop. Far more effective than some girly
bloody "family conference" :^)

I would think that if he is still in the same vocation, that he is now
very careful about just whose stereo he tries to pinch.

Andy Gardner

http://navigator.co.nz/andy

Richard Clemance

Dec 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/13/98
m...@here.nor.there (Joe Blow) wrote:

>The youth made it to the rear fence, and was half way over it when my
>friend got to him. Let's just say that in the end, the almost-thief was
>pleading for the beating to stop. Far more effective than some girly
>bloody "family conference" :^)

How do you know it was effective? Instead of making the person stop
offending it could possibly cause him to go armed next time.

>I would think that if he is still in the same vocation, that he is now
>very careful about just whose stereo he tries to pinch.

Did you friend let the guy go and not take him to the police? By
being careful do you mean he will only try to steal stereo's from
"weaker" people than him now?

Samoht Drahcir

Dec 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/13/98
DPF <nos...@dpf.ac.nz> wrote:
> On Sun, 13 Dec 1998 09:58:28 GMT in nz.general Lin Nah wrote: in
> <36738e78...@news.auckland.ac.nz>:

> >On Sun, 13 Dec 1998 09:32:53 GMT, nos...@dpf.ac.nz (DPF) wrote:

> >>I take it the crime was observed then?
> >and what significance will that be?
> >

> I was just curious as to how he knew they were Maoris.

The fact that he referred to *3* Maoris indicates to me that
they were observed by somebody. Someone had to see them in
order to count them.

--
/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/
xx...@clad.co.nz | SNAG? Hell no! I'm a NAB

The Ur

Dec 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/13/98
On Mon, 14 Dec 1998 07:12:09 GMT, j...@ihug.co.nz wrote:

>To those 3 Maoris who stole the stereo out of my sons car ,

I empathise with your anger at the break-in.

But how do you know they were Maori? Please note that some of your
other postings imply a distinct (almost rabid) anti-Maori viewpoint,
which could be colouring this current response.

Manukau has a fair number of different ethnicities, including
Polynesians who are similar in appearance to Maori, especially at a
distance. Did you (or anyone) see the culprits? Or did you just see
some people that you think did the nasty?

> and in the process did a lot of damage to his alarm and his door under
>Valentine`s restaurant in Manukau city this Sunday afternoon .

>I sincerely pray

To God, who purportedly sees all humans are His children? How can you
expect your prayers to be answered, or perhaps you are praying to some
other god, who agrees with your view of the universe.

> that you and all your f*cking scumbag mates kill
>yourself against a powerpole as soon as possible , and when your
>useless stinking brain drips out of your filthy ears and nose just
>before your car catches fire and every dirty molecule of your mashed
>body burns to shit , then I hope that the stereo where my son has
>worked many hours for, plays your favourite song.

>But brainless mongrel dogs like you would not read this newsgroup ,
>but if you do on your stolen PC , we are looking for you and your
>f*cking filthy mates.

Please note: I do empathise with your feelings of outrage against the
deed.

The Ur

j...@ihug.co.nz

Royce Prisk

Dec 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/14/98

Craig Sutton wrote in message <01be2683$031dabc0$198b4fd1@craig>...

>I was watching BBC World early this morning and saw the latest South
>African Car security device. It consisted of small metal pipes running out
>the sides/front /back gas was fed through the pipeing and an electric
>ignition switch ignitied the gas. Causeing the nasty car-jackers to get
>well and truely toasted!!

Don't use this accidentily when you are filling up at the gas station - the
attendents don't like it!

;-)

Regards,

Royce Prisk
www.impressionmakers.co.nz

Mac Roin

Dec 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/14/98
<j...@ihug.co.nz> wrote:

> To those 3 Maoris

Someone gave an accurate description to the cops did they jh?

> who stole the stereo out of my sons car , and in
> the process did a lot of damage to his alarm and his door under
> Valentine`s restaurant in Manukau city this Sunday afternoon

That's sad. I guess everyone here would be genuinely sorry for your son

> I sincerely pray that you and all your f*cking scumbag mates kill
> yourself against a powerpole as soon as possible ,

Why should their mates be guilty by association? Oh I get it.

> and when your
> useless stinking brain drips out of your filthy ears and nose just
> before your car catches fire and every dirty molecule of your mashed
> body burns to shit ,

For stealing a stereo?

> But brainless mongrel dogs like you would not read this newsgroup ,
> but if you do on your stolen PC , we are looking for you and your
> f*cking filthy mates.

It's fair enough that you are angry jh, but your "we are looking for
you" is a bit dopey even for you.

Mac Roin

Miche and Dave

Dec 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/14/98
In article <367392c8...@nntp.netsource.co.nz>,
tri...@netsource.co.nz (Squirrel) wrote:

> thats interesting, I actually thought it was a female post for various
> reasons, wonder if we will ever fucken find fucken out???

Squirrel, please watch your language! The correct spelling is 'fucking.'

:)

Miche

--
DO NOT USE REPLY to send me email!
The address in my From: line is a spam trap.

FH Young

Dec 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/14/98
I have had worst things hit my family in the past.
I do have sympathany with your feelings, and yes those basterds of the
theives should be put before a hard and punishing job to repay for the
damage done to your son car.

Un fortunatly reading your post made me recalled something from the past
and I just can't get it out of my head. :-(

<venting>
HELLISH ARMED ROBBERS:

Rob my father at gun point God Damn those five bastards to HELL for ever and
ever of never ending pain and heart break. As usally the Police didn't fine
anything and yes the useless police just piled it back on the end of the
qeue!

Ruthelessly tied my father up and bashed him! AS yet we have not found
those basterds YET! which reinforces the need for a private security
service to monitor our home and bisness. But Oh no my father still hasn't
learnt anything from that experience! Maybe I have to use some of my pocket
savings to erect a Gate and install some sucurity cameras around our house
which is probably going to hit my pocket savings into the few thousands. As
long as we are safe I'm comfortable! For now i keeping a few make shift
items in the house for whem those son of the devils come to attack our home.

</venting>

sigh. Boredom boredom So many bored kids around the place! WHY? the main
reason for so much crime.

*sigh* My two cents and my vent. :-(

j...@ihug.co.nz wrote in message <3674b965...@news.ihug.co.nz>...

>To those 3 Maoris who stole the stereo out of my sons car , and in

>the process did a lot of damage to his alarm and his door under

>Valentine`s restaurant in Manukau city this Sunday afternoon .

>I sincerely pray that you and all your f*cking scumbag mates kill

>yourself against a powerpole as soon as possible , and when your

>useless stinking brain drips out of your filthy ears and nose just
>before your car catches fire and every dirty molecule of your mashed

>body burns to shit , then I hope that the stereo where my son has
>worked many hours for, plays your favourite song.

Lucy Clock

Dec 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/14/98
Miche and Dave wrote
> (Squirrel) wrote:
>
> > thats interesting, I actually thought it was a female post for various
> > reasons, wonder if we will ever fucken find fucken out???
>
> Squirrel, please watch your language! The correct spelling is 'fucking.'
>
> :)

At school I was taught (and I believe Fowler's will back me) that 'fucking'
is a verb, 'fucken' is a modifier. ; )

Krull

Dec 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/14/98
>At school I was taught (and I believe Fowler's will back me) that 'fucking'
>is a verb, 'fucken' is a modifier. ; )

Lucy, perhaps whoever taught you was not very good at English.

The word "fucking" can be used as either an adjective as in: "you fucking
idiot" or as an adverb as in: "what took you so fucking long?". I don't
think the word "fucken" is defined in most English Dictionaries. However,
spoken (and written) English has deteriorated to the extent that it would be
difficult to distinguish between the two anyway.

Tigger

Dec 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/14/98
j...@ihug.co.nz wrote:

You seriously value a stereo as higher than three human lives? You sick
puppy, you. Wish for some kind of justice, but don't you think what you
describe is a little extreme?

--
Tigger =^..^=
http://www.freeyellow.com/members5/nztigger

Lucy Clock

Dec 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/14/98

Krull wrote

> Lucy, perhaps whoever taught you was not very good at English.
>
> The word "fucking" can be used as either an adjective as in: "you
fucking
> idiot" or as an adverb as in: "what took you so fucking long?". I don't
> think the word "fucken" is defined in most English Dictionaries. However,
> spoken (and written) English has deteriorated to the extent that it would
be
> difficult to distinguish between the two anyway.

I was trying to be silly, but struck the wrong note.

Jerry

Dec 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/14/98

Krull wrote in message <91360363...@cnwchcs17.sp.cnw.co.nz>...

>>At school I was taught (and I believe Fowler's will back me) that
'fucking'
>>is a verb, 'fucken' is a modifier. ; )
>

>Lucy, perhaps whoever taught you was not very good at English.
>
>The word "fucking" can be used as either an adjective as in: "you fucking
>idiot" or as an adverb as in: "what took you so fucking long?". I don't
>think the word "fucken" is defined in most English Dictionaries. However,
>spoken (and written) English has deteriorated to the extent that it would
be
>difficult to distinguish between the two anyway.

I think the short form adjective is fuckin'

Might be my American accent though. :-)

Jerry

ta...@xtra.co.nz

Dec 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/14/98
On Mon, 14 Dec 1998 07:12:09 GMT, j...@ihug.co.nz wrote:

>To those 3 Maoris who stole the stereo out of my sons car , and in
>the process did a lot of damage to his alarm and his door under
>Valentine`s restaurant in Manukau city this Sunday afternoon .
>I sincerely pray that you and all your f*cking scumbag mates kill
>yourself against a powerpole as soon as possible , and when your
>useless stinking brain drips out of your filthy ears and nose just
>before your car catches fire and every dirty molecule of your mashed
>body burns to shit , then I hope that the stereo where my son has
>worked many hours for, plays your favourite song.
>But brainless mongrel dogs like you would not read this newsgroup ,
>but if you do on your stolen PC , we are looking for you and your
>f*cking filthy mates.

Christ almighty! You value a stereo more than a human life?

hu...@ihug.co.nz

Dec 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/14/98
On Sun, 13 Dec 1998 09:32:53 GMT, nos...@dpf.ac.nz (DPF) wrote:

>On Mon, 14 Dec 1998 07:12:09 GMT in nz.general j...@ihug.co.nz wrote: in
><3674b965...@news.ihug.co.nz>:
>

>>To those 3 Maoris who stole the stereo out of my sons car , and in
>>the process did a lot of damage to his alarm and his door under
>>Valentine`s restaurant in Manukau city this Sunday afternoon .
>

>I take it the crime was observed then?
>

>DPF

Yes, I and a frind of me have see the a red-brown car with 3 MAORIS
drive away in the wrong way out of the undergrondparking after
standing beside of that car.

>The above e-mail address <nos...@dpf.ac.nz> is used to filter spam. It
>is a real one but will not get read quickly. For prompt responses use
>david at farrar dot com
>NZ Usenet FAQs at http://www.dpf.ac.nz/usenet/nz

Scrutator

Brett Hunt

Dec 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/14/98
>To those 3 Maoris who stole the stereo out of my sons car , and in
>the process did a lot of damage to his alarm and his door under
>Valentine`s restaurant in Manukau city this Sunday afternoon .
>I sincerely pray that you and all your f*cking scumbag mates kill
>yourself against a powerpole as soon as possible , and when your
>useless stinking brain drips out of your filthy ears and nose just
>before your car catches fire and every dirty molecule of your mashed
>body burns to shit , then I hope that the stereo where my son has
>worked many hours for, plays your favourite song.
>But brainless mongrel dogs like you would not read this newsgroup ,
>but if you do on your stolen PC , we are looking for you and your
>f*cking filthy mates.

You obviously saw them jh, so have you described them to the police. If only
they knew you jh, I am sure they would not have done this to the son of
someone who holds maori people in such high regard. Chickens coming home to
roost is a comment that springs to mind.

Brett Hunt

Brett Hunt

Dec 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/14/98

Greig McGill wrote in message <7503cf$4oi$4...@news.wave.co.nz>...
>>On Sun, 13 Dec 1998 10:50:16 GMT, ke...@south-park.co.nz (Greig
>>McGill) wrote:
>>>I've had the same thing happen to me, and I can tell you it makes you
>>>extremely angry. At least jh is venting his anger rather than bottling
it up.

>>Yes granted, but it is the racist slant that I didn't think was
>>necessary and drove me to facetiousness. I am very sorry about what
>>happened to his son, I apologise to jh for not stating that.
>
>True - he has been a bit of a racist in the past...
>But I think he merely identified the culprits as Maori - not used their
race
>as the basis for an insult!

Oh yes he did Greig, fucking filthy mates seems pretty racist to me. What
has he got against people who had nothing to do with the theft.

Brett Hunt

Brett Hunt

Dec 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/14/98

Lucy Clock wrote in message <01be26f4$b3d97040$0100007f@wintringham>...

>Miche and Dave wrote
>> (Squirrel) wrote:

>At school I was taught (and I believe Fowler's will back me) that 'fucking'
>is a verb, 'fucken' is a modifier. ; )

You must have had an interesting English teacher, most wouldn't even say the
word, let alone discuss it.

Brett Hunt

hu...@ihug.co.nz

Dec 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/14/98
On Mon, 14 Dec 1998 11:06:54 +1300, flow...@ihug.co.nz (Mac Roin)
wrote:

><j...@ihug.co.nz> wrote:
>
>> To those 3 Maoris
>

>Someone gave an accurate description to the cops did they jh?
>

>Mac Roin

Yes, I and a frind of me have see the a red-brown car with 3 MAORIS
drive away in the wrong way out of the undergrondparking after
standing beside of that car.

Scrutator

Sarndra

Dec 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/14/98

Brett Hunt wrote in message <7527rm$a0g$9...@newsource.ihug.co.nz>...

I don't read it as that...I read it as that at that point in the post he was talking
about the guy that ripped the stereo out then directing it also to his 'mates' that
were part of the burglary...

Colin Francis

Dec 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/14/98
hu...@ihug.co.nz wrote:

and me was neerly runned ova by dat red carr..
** COL **

To do is to be. -Descartes
To be is to do. -Voltaire
Do be do be do. -Frank Sinatra

hu...@ihug.co.nz

Dec 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/14/98
On Mon, 14 Dec 1998 07:39:42 GMT, cfra...@ihug.co.nz (Colin Francis)
wrote:

>>>Someone gave an accurate description to the cops did they jh?
>>>

>>>Mac Roin
>>Yes, I and a frind of me have see the a red-brown car with 3 MAORIS
>>drive away in the wrong way out of the undergrondparking after
>>standing beside of that car.
>>Scrutator
>and me was neerly runned ova by dat red carr..
> ** COL **
Go to bed you stupid.

Scrutator

Sarndra

Dec 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/14/98

hu...@ihug.co.nz wrote in message <3674c484...@newsource.ihug.co.nz>...

Dat note noice to tell my frind two goe to bead....

Sawnrdra

:O)

Robyn Gallagher

Dec 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/14/98
>I was just curious as to how he knew they were Maoris.

And how does race relate to it, apart from providing the police with a
description? No mention of gender or age, only race.

Robyn

More....?
http://www.secret-passage.com/

Sarndra

Dec 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/14/98

Scooter wrote in message <3684dc87...@news.taranaki.ac.nz>...
>On , Sun, 13 Dec 1998 23:38:50 GMT, u...@ihug.co.nz (The Ur), , ,
>p...@eba.co.nz, Re: I hope you all burn,

><3674419a...@newsource.ihug.co.nz>, wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 14 Dec 1998 07:12:09 GMT, j...@ihug.co.nz wrote:
>

>>>I sincerely pray
>>
>>To God, who purportedly sees all humans are His children? How can you
>>expect your prayers to be answered, or perhaps you are praying to some
>>other god, who agrees with your view of the universe.
>
>According to the ARYAN HOMEPAGE there is a white God. You have to be
>white to worship him.

YAH... and zoo haz to haz blu eiz as vell !!

Sarndra

Dec 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/14/98

j...@ihug.co.nz wrote in message <36760123...@news.ihug.co.nz>...
>On Mon, 14 Dec 1998 17:39:18 +1300, "Brett Hunt" <bdh...@ihug.co.nz>
>wrote:

>>You obviously saw them jh, so have you described them to the police. If only
>>they knew you jh, I am sure they would not have done this to the son of
>>someone who holds maori people in such high regard. Chickens coming home to
>>roost is a comment that springs to mind.
>>
>>Brett Hunt
>>
>No I did not see them myself.
>Two older men who were having a smoke saw them , but they thought is
>was their own car they were working on, until they drove away in a
>dark red station wagon.
>I hope that your Chickens will come home soon to , but what comment
>can men expect from a brownneck Pakeha hater as Brett Cunt.

OUCH!!!

Sarndra

Sarndra

Dec 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/14/98

j...@ihug.co.nz wrote in message <36762250...@news.ihug.co.nz>...

>On Mon, 14 Dec 1998 21:46:44 +1300, "Sarndra " <su...@es.co.nz> wrote:
>

>>Dat note noice to tell my frind two goe to bead....
>>
>>Sawnrdra
>>
>>:O)
>>
>Gee you’re pissed early in the evening

lol

Not pissed....taking the piss!!

Tricia

Dec 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/14/98
On 14 Dec 1998 03:19:47 GMT, "Lucy Clock"
<analNOT...@hotmailDOT.com> wrote:

>I was trying to be silly, but struck the wrong note.

Nope Lucy not with me, I thought you were silly *big grin*

Tricia

"I'm not arguing with you, I'm telling you." Anon

Mystrie21

Dec 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/14/98

In article <36762158...@news.ihug.co.nz>, j...@ihug.co.nz writes:

>On Sun, 13 Dec 1998 10:04:57 GMT, rab...@xxxxtra.co.nz (Tricia) wrote:
>

>>Yes granted, but it is the racist slant that I didn't think was

>>necessary and drove me to facetiousness. l
>>
>>Tricia
>>
>You have to be a pathetic fool to call someone racist as soon they use
>the word Maori

I would have tended to call them 'The three bastards who ....'. If they had
been white, would you have called them 'the three pakehas' or 'the three
whites'. ????

Karen

Mystrie21

Dec 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/14/98

In article <7520ed$s8v$1...@newsource.ihug.co.nz>, "Jerry"
<sto...@ihug.co.nospam.nz> writes:

>Might be my American accent though. :-)

I've heard a few Americans use the expression "Fuckin' A." When I
inquire as to what the "A" stands for, I get blank looks in reply. :-)

Karen

Mystrie21

Dec 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/14/98

>To those 3 Maoris who stole the stereo out of my sons car , and in
>the process did a lot of damage to his alarm and his door under
>Valentine`s restaurant in Manukau city this Sunday afternoon .
>I sincerely pray that you and all your f*cking scumbag mates kill
>yourself against a powerpole as soon as possible , and when your
>useless stinking brain drips out of your filthy ears and nose just
>before your car catches fire and every dirty molecule of your mashed
>body burns to shit , then I hope that the stereo where my son has
>worked many hours for, plays your favourite song.
>But brainless mongrel dogs like you would not read this newsgroup ,
>but if you do on your stolen PC , we are looking for you and your
>f*cking filthy mates.

Woah!!

I had my stereo stolen from my car and I certainly was angry about it,
but not quite to the point that you are.

Karen

ta...@xtra.co.nz

Dec 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/14/98
On Tue, 15 Dec 1998 06:18:18 GMT, j...@ihug.co.nz wrote:

>On Mon, 14 Dec 1998 03:18:48 GMT, ta...@xtra.co.nz wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 14 Dec 1998 07:12:09 GMT, j...@ihug.co.nz wrote:
>>

>>>To those 3 Maoris who stole the stereo out of my sons car , and in
>>>the process did a lot of damage to his alarm and his door under
>>>Valentine`s restaurant in Manukau city this Sunday afternoon .
>>>I sincerely pray that you and all your f*cking scumbag mates kill
>>>yourself against a powerpole as soon as possible , and when your
>>>useless stinking brain drips out of your filthy ears and nose just
>>>before your car catches fire and every dirty molecule of your mashed
>>>body burns to shit , then I hope that the stereo where my son has
>>>worked many hours for, plays your favourite song.
>>>But brainless mongrel dogs like you would not read this newsgroup ,
>>>but if you do on your stolen PC , we are looking for you and your
>>>f*cking filthy mates.
>>

>>Christ almighty! You value a stereo more than a human life?
>

>This crap is NOT human , and YES this crap has less value to me than a
>$400 stereo , this filth will smash your head one day for only $5.

You sound more dangerous than they do.

Mystrie21

Dec 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/14/98

In article <7544on$29v$1...@newsource.ihug.co.nz>, "Jerry"
<sto...@ihug.co.nospam.nz> writes:

>Mystrie21 wrote in message <19981214162322...@ngol03.aol.com>...

>>I've heard a few Americans use the expression "Fuckin' A." When I
>>inquire as to what the "A" stands for, I get blank looks in reply. :-)
>>
>>Karen
>

>It's a common expression - wonder if anyone does know what the "A" stands
>for.

I thought that maybe it stood for 'alright' or 'amazing' as that expression
seems to be used in the positive not the negative...

Karen

j...@ihug.co.nz

Dec 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/15/98

j...@ihug.co.nz

Dec 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/15/98
On Mon, 14 Dec 1998 15:50:58 +1300, Tigger <d...@mr2.its.a.car.org.nz>
wrote:

>j...@ihug.co.nz wrote:
>
>You seriously value a stereo as higher than three human lives? You sick
>puppy, you. Wish for some kind of justice, but don't you think what you
>describe is a little extreme?

I would light the shit dogs my self

j...@ihug.co.nz

Dec 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/15/98

j...@ihug.co.nz

Dec 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/15/98
On Mon, 14 Dec 1998 17:41:32 +1300, "Brett Hunt" <bdh...@ihug.co.nz>
wrote:

>Oh yes he did Greig, fucking filthy mates seems pretty racist to me. What
>has he got against people who had nothing to do with the theft.
>
>Brett Hunt

How do you know they had nothing to do with the theft , were you there
?????

j...@ihug.co.nz

Dec 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/15/98

j...@ihug.co.nz

Dec 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/15/98

j...@ihug.co.nz

Dec 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/15/98
On Mon, 14 Dec 1998 22:00:20 +1300, "Sarndra " <su...@es.co.nz> wrote:

>>I hope that your Chickens will come home soon to , but what comment
>>can men expect from a brownneck Pakeha hater as Brett Cunt.
>

>OUCH!!!
>
>Sarndra

Bloody spelling checker

Mac Roin

Dec 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/15/98
Brett Hunt <bdh...@ihug.co.nz> wrote:

Or know what it means (going by a couple of my teachers) )"-.

Mac Roin

Jerry

Dec 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/15/98

Mystrie21 wrote in message <19981214162322...@ngol03.aol.com>...

>In article <7520ed$s8v$1...@newsource.ihug.co.nz>, "Jerry"
><sto...@ihug.co.nospam.nz> writes:
>

>>Might be my American accent though. :-)
>>

>I've heard a few Americans use the expression "Fuckin' A." When I
>inquire as to what the "A" stands for, I get blank looks in reply. :-)
>
>Karen

It's a common expression - wonder if anyone does know what the "A" stands
for.

Jerry

G Merryweather

Dec 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/15/98
My van and work car got broken into last night (out of sight, behind
the house, Mission Bay , Auckland) and tools and some of my dive gear
was stolen.
This now brings our household into the double figures, with 10
breakins/ thefts (and 1 vandalism) of cars and houses in the last 8
years.
Crime is worse at our house in Mission Bay, than it ever was when we
lived in deepest South Auckland (Manurewa)with 7 cars burgled in the
last 6 months in our 700m long street... Cynics (and the police) point
to the proximity of Glen Innes, and the fact that school is out, so
the kids are doing their Christmas shopping..

If anyone is offered a cheap deal on a near new Dacor Extreme reg and
octi and Dacor Extreme dive computer with the radio link to the air
bottle it is mine and I would like it back. The serial number for the
radio link for the computer is 009x5xx IIRC - all the warranty stuff
with the numbers got stolen as well as I was going to drop it in for
servicing. They are not very common because they are top of the line
stuff and really expensive (computer is $1500 alone). I got it a
couple of months ago and have only used it on 2 trips :-(
Another alternative I would be happy about is for the thieves to go
diving without any scuba gear, except the weight belt.

Other stuff stolen includes a brand new Repco mechanics toolbox and
tools, a Ryobi hammer drill and a Black and Decker jigsaw. The latter
were in green painted wooden boxed, made to suit the tools. all in
all, around $6000 of stuff, and $320+GST to repair the 3 destroyed
locks, plus a day off to organise the locksmmith, police, etc. The
locks of course are less than the excess for the cars, so hit my
pocket. I will be interested to see what value the insurance company
puts on this stuff....

I would appreciate it if anyone comes across this stuff, or if the
scumbags are found floating face down in the harbour.
Geoff
--
Radar detector FAQ, Forte Agent automation FAQ, bathroom fan FAQ
and THE WORLDS BEST CHRISTMAS PUDDING RECIPE

Tricia

Dec 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/15/98
On Tue, 15 Dec 1998 00:49:41 GMT, ge...@ihug.co.nz.DELETE-THIS-PART(G
Merryweather) wrote:

FWIW I am very sorry.

I hope that you recover the gear.

Tricia

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." Walt Disney

Lin Nah

Dec 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/15/98
Sorry about that Geoff.

What did the police say?
Supposedly there's a house in a road off tripoli rd in Glen
Innes/Panmure where stolen stuff is delivered to and redistributed
elsewhere. Perhaps you should chat with the Glen Innes police about
it. 8)

Hopefully they have sufficient finger prints to go by.

Lin

Rachel

Dec 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/15/98
Tigger <d...@mr2.its.a.car.org.nz> wrote in article
<36747D...@mr2.its.a.car.org.nz>...

> j...@ihug.co.nz wrote:
>
> You seriously value a stereo as higher than three human lives? You sick
> puppy, you. Wish for some kind of justice, but don't you think what you
> describe is a little extreme?

I value many things above the pitiful life of some scumbag who thinks he
can take what he wants.

--
Rachel
(a.k.a. 'Supergoof')

Disclaimer: the opinions expressed here are
entirely my personal opinions, and in no way
do I speak for my employer

ta...@xtra.co.nz

Dec 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/15/98
On 14 Dec 1998 23:42:12 GMT, myst...@aol.com (Mystrie21) wrote:

>In article <7544on$29v$1...@newsource.ihug.co.nz>, "Jerry"
><sto...@ihug.co.nospam.nz> writes:
>

>>Mystrie21 wrote in message <19981214162322...@ngol03.aol.com>...
>>>

>>>I've heard a few Americans use the expression "Fuckin' A." When I
>>>inquire as to what the "A" stands for, I get blank looks in reply. :-)
>>>
>>>Karen
>>
>>It's a common expression - wonder if anyone does know what the "A" stands
>>for.
>>

>I thought that maybe it stood for 'alright' or 'amazing' as that expression
>seems to be used in the positive not the negative...

Exactly, Karen. "amazing" Like, 'that's fuckin' amazing, Bubba!" or
"Fuckin'-A, Junior!"

Nelly

Dec 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/15/98
Merryweather) wrote:

> My van and work car got broken into last night (out of sight, behind
>the house, Mission Bay , Auckland) and tools and some of my dive gear
>was stolen.
> This now brings our household into the double figures, with 10
>breakins/ thefts (and 1 vandalism) of cars and houses in the last 8
>years.
> Crime is worse at our house in Mission Bay, than it ever was when we
>lived in deepest South Auckland (Manurewa)with 7 cars burgled in the
>last 6 months in our 700m long street... Cynics (and the police) point
>to the proximity of Glen Innes, and the fact that school is out, so
>the kids are doing their Christmas shopping..

Sorry to hear about the break-ins. Maybe you should come back :-)

Probably speaking too soon, we have a big dog, burglar alarm and SRT
and so far so good.

Nelly.
ICQ 14823033

Rachel

Dec 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/15/98
Nelly <gusn...@ihug.co.nz> wrote in article
<3677ccc6...@news.itconsult.net>...

> On Tue, 15 Dec 1998 00:49:41 GMT, ge...@ihug.co.nz.DELETE-THIS-PART(G
> Merryweather) wrote:
>
> > My van and work car got broken into last night (out of sight, behind
> >the house, Mission Bay , Auckland) and tools and some of my dive gear
> >was stolen.
> > This now brings our household into the double figures, with 10
> >breakins/ thefts (and 1 vandalism) of cars and houses in the last 8
> >years.
>
> Probably speaking too soon, we have a big dog, burglar alarm and SRT
> and so far so good.

My parents place got broken into about 10 times in 10 years. But we
haven't had any trouble since we got 2 dogs 6 years ago (except for some
mindless miscreant swiping a poppy plant from our front garden in broad
daylight on Sunday. Needless to say I gave him an earful at the time, then
followed him up the road in my car and took his photo to send to our local
constabulary, just for the hell of it [and to put the shits up the dirty
bastard])

Dave Joll

Dec 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/15/98
Mystrie21 wrote in message <19981214162322...@ngol03.aol.com>...

>I've heard a few Americans use the expression "Fuckin' A." When I
>inquire as to what the "A" stands for, I get blank looks in reply. :-)

I think it stands for "Al". Sounds like the same sort of Bible Belt
mentality that won't let married couples make love standing up
(because it might lead to *dancing*)... they're allowed to say
"fuckin'" but any mention of the "H" word would send them
scurrying back behind the nearest Bible...

Brian Logan

Dec 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/15/98
On Tue, 15 Dec 1998 01:04:35 GMT, ta...@xtra.co.nz inscribed:

>>>It's a common expression - wonder if anyone does know what the "A" stands
>>>for.
>>>

>>I thought that maybe it stood for 'alright' or 'amazing' as that expression
>>seems to be used in the positive not the negative...
>
>Exactly, Karen. "amazing" Like, 'that's fuckin' amazing, Bubba!" or
>"Fuckin'-A, Junior!"

I thought A was for Ace.

Brian
-- Brian Logan ICQ#4931597
mailto:ul...@bigfoot.com

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
-Aristotle

Greig McGill

Dec 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/15/98
In article <7544on$29v$1...@newsource.ihug.co.nz>, "Jerry" <sto...@ihug.co.nospam.nz> wrote:
>It's a common expression - wonder if anyone does know what the "A" stands
>for.

I just thought it was a grade - like A1! :)

Greig McGill
ri...@sod.off.spam.bot.bastards.wave.co.nz - Remove the obvious...
http://www.wave.co.nz/pages/rider/ <-- The Still Website
"Welcome to me and my place" - Still

Joe Blow

Dec 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/15/98
Rachel <spa...@get.lost> wrote:

> Nelly <gusn...@ihug.co.nz> wrote in article
> <3677ccc6...@news.itconsult.net>...

> > Probably speaking too soon, we have a big dog, burglar alarm and SRT

> > and so far so good.
>
> My parents place got broken into about 10 times in 10 years. But we
> haven't had any trouble since we got 2 dogs 6 years ago (except for some

Yes, Get a big dog. I often leave the '28 parked in Wellington with the
key in the ignition and the windows down. I'm yet to find someone game
enough to attempt to get in the car.

My dogs even got to play extras in a UK TV series currently being filmed
in Wellington. They needed 2 ferocious dogs to act as guard dogs for an
old farmhouse.

We showed up, but because I was there and acting calm, the dogs decided
everything was fine and dandy and would hardly bark. They were supposed
to come galloping out of a wood shed (on a long rope) and bark viciously
at the approaching gang of people.

I was in the woodshed rarking them up, but they run out half-barking,
decide there wasn't any danger, so come back into the shed wagging
tails. In an attempt to get them barking, I had to leave the area and
get the animal trainer to control them. Still no go.

It was then that we pulled a lighting technician aside, dressed him in
drak glasses and balaclava, and sent him into the wood shed to rark them
up by waving a jacket at them. This worked a treat.

He'd rark them up in the shed, then run towards the camera, once he was
behind the camera, they'd let the dogs go and they'd run out of the shed
straight for the camera, the ropes would go tight, and they'd go
apeshit, with the lighting guy lungeing at them behind the camera.

We did 3 takes. On the 2nd, the rope on one of the dogs fell off its
neck and it came out of the shed early, untethered. Never seen a
lighting technician move so fast!

Next shot called for them to be in the background, acting as they would
once the intruders had met the property owners and evening was fine and
dandy. They sat there, looking around, wandering in amongst the chickens
and goats as though they did it every day. Boy, was I proud!

All in all, a good time was had by all. I just hope I can find someone
in the UK to tape it for me, so I get to see the final product!

Andy Gardner

http://navigator.co.nz/andy

G Merryweather

Dec 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/15/98
On Tue, 15 Dec 1998 01:06:59 GMT, l....@auckland.ac.nz (Lin Nah)
wrote:

>Sorry about that Geoff.
>
>What did the police say?

They were very helpful, if not hopeful. They dusted down the van for
prints, but no joy - they must have had their shirt sleeves down over
their hands.
Looks like I will end up taking the cost of the locksmith and the
excess, with the rest being covered by house and contents - it will be
interesting to see what value the ins co puts on the stuff, to see how
much of a loss I take on it....

>Supposedly there's a house in a road off tripoli rd in Glen
>Innes/Panmure where stolen stuff is delivered to and redistributed
>elsewhere. Perhaps you should chat with the Glen Innes police about
>it. 8)

The police said that if someone comes in and confesses, they will
arrest them, but otherwise, don't hold your breath. They also said
that it was a choice of:
schoolkids with to much time in the holidays (lots of breakins at
present)
or Glen Innes lowlifes
or white trash from Oraki.
The insurance company said they have had a lot of claims from
tradesmens' vans with tools going missing. It is also backed up by
everyone I talked to today about it.

chris 'fufas' grace

Dec 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/15/98

-
Dave Joll wrote in message <91369883...@Chaos.es.co.nz>...

>Mystrie21 wrote in message
<19981214162322...@ngol03.aol.com>...

>>I've heard a few Americans use the expression "Fuckin' A." When I
>>inquire as to what the "A" stands for, I get blank looks in reply. :-)
>

>I think it stands for "Al".

I understood it to be a contraction of "You bet your fucking ass"

j...@ihug.co.nz

Dec 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/16/98
On 14 Dec 1998 21:23:23 GMT, myst...@aol.com (Mystrie21) wrote:

>I had my stereo stolen from my car and I certainly was angry about it,
>but not quite to the point that you are.
>
>Karen

The stereo was my sons , who worked for it himself at Woolnorth for
$6.50 /Hour and mainly at the weekends , imagine how many trolleys he
pushed to save up $400.
He had it only 4 day’s in his car , and now a filthy ashole who is to
lazy to work himself is enjoying it , but not for long I hope.

Mac Roin

Dec 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/16/98
Joe Blow <m...@here.nor.there> wrote:

> Yes, Get a big dog. I often leave the '28 parked in Wellington with the
> key in the ignition and the windows down. I'm yet to find someone game
> enough to attempt to get in the car.

Tell me where it is Joe, let me buy some ciggies and matches on the way
over there, give me one minute, and I'll drive it away

Just jiving. Maybe _I_ would need more than a minute, but believe me, I
have seen a repossession agent demonstrate how a burning cigarette will
conquer a bolshie dog. He was a non smoker but always carried cigarettes
and never found a car with a dog inside that he couldn't drive away, dog
beside him.

Hey, have you noticed something missing from these threads about
lowlifes stealing something from a car?

Everyone is targetting the lowlife thieves. but no-one has mentioned the
even lowerlifes who buy the stolen goods. If there was not a huge market
out there for stolen goodies, the number of burglaries would drop
remarkable IMMHO.

Young guys who go to court charged with stealing a dozen TVs or videos
or car stereos or whatever obviously can't use them all. They have a
ready market for them from people prepared to turn a blind eye.

I'm waiting for the day the papers report someone buying back his own TV
in a pub. Won't be long now.

Mac Roin,

Jerry

Dec 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/16/98

Mac Roin wrote in message <1dk4fnh.uit...@p180.nzwide.ihug.co.nz>...

A friend of mine bought his own stereo at a swap meet in the States. He
found one just like his which he liked so bought it for his wife's car.
When he returned to his car his was missing.

Jerry

ta...@xtra.co.nz

Dec 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/16/98
On 15 Dec 1998 04:26:53 GMT, "Rachel" <spa...@get.lost> wrote:

>Nelly <gusn...@ihug.co.nz> wrote in article
><3677ccc6...@news.itconsult.net>...

>> On Tue, 15 Dec 1998 00:49:41 GMT, ge...@ihug.co.nz.DELETE-THIS-PART(G
>> Merryweather) wrote:
>>
>> > My van and work car got broken into last night (out of sight, behind
>> >the house, Mission Bay , Auckland) and tools and some of my dive gear
>> >was stolen.
>> > This now brings our household into the double figures, with 10
>> >breakins/ thefts (and 1 vandalism) of cars and houses in the last 8
>> >years.
>>

>> Probably speaking too soon, we have a big dog, burglar alarm and SRT
>> and so far so good.
>
>My parents place got broken into about 10 times in 10 years. But we
>haven't had any trouble since we got 2 dogs 6 years ago (except for some

>mindless miscreant swiping a poppy plant from our front garden in broad
>daylight on Sunday. Needless to say I gave him an earful at the time, then
>followed him up the road in my car and took his photo to send to our local
>constabulary, just for the hell of it [and to put the shits up the dirty
>bastard])

I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my 85 pound German Shepherd
from the U.S. From what I've read, she can't get here soon enough for
me.

Robyn Gallagher

Dec 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/16/98
>True - he has been a bit of a racist in the past...
>But I think he merely identified the culprits as Maori - not used their race
>as the basis for an insult!

How would it have sounded if he'd said, "To those 3 white guys who
stole the stereo..."?

Robyn

More....?
http://www.secret-passage.com/

hu...@ihug.co.nz

Dec 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/16/98
On Tue, 15 Dec 1998 10:45:26 GMT, sco...@taranaki.ac.nz (Scooter)
wrote:

>On , Mon, 14 Dec 1998 06:35:15 GMT, hu...@ihug.co.nz, , , , Re: I hope
>you all burn, <3674b172...@newsource.ihug.co.nz>, wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 14 Dec 1998 11:06:54 +1300, flow...@ihug.co.nz (Mac Roin)
>>wrote:

>>>Someone gave an accurate description to the cops did they jh?
>>>

>>>Mac Roin
>>Yes, I and a frind of me have see the a red-brown car with 3 MAORIS
>>drive away in the wrong way out of the undergrondparking after
>>standing beside of that car.
>
>Thst's pretty conclusive then,
>HANG THEM!!
>You are, if at all possible, more thick and offensive than your
>father.
>

>" hatred and schizophrenia."
>That is me, Eric Blair

If he is my father then I am is son.
But if I'm not????????????????
Scrutator

Mystrie21

Dec 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/16/98

In article <91369883...@Chaos.es.co.nz>, "Dave Joll" <jol...@es.co.nz>
writes:

>Mystrie21 wrote in message <19981214162322...@ngol03.aol.com>...
>
>>I've heard a few Americans use the expression "Fuckin' A." When I
>>inquire as to what the "A" stands for, I get blank looks in reply. :-)
>

>I think it stands for "Al". Sounds like the same sort of Bible Belt
>mentality that won't let married couples make love standing up
>(because it might lead to *dancing*)... they're allowed to say
>"fuckin'" but any mention of the "H" word would send them
>scurrying back behind the nearest Bible...

I thought the Bible Belt mentality was 'don't let single people dance
because it might lead to lacivious acts' :-)

Karen

Mystrie21

Dec 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/16/98

>On 14 Dec 1998 23:42:12 GMT, myst...@aol.com (Mystrie21) wrote:
>

>>In article <7544on$29v$1...@newsource.ihug.co.nz>, "Jerry"

>><sto...@ihug.co.nospam.nz> writes:
>>
>>>Mystrie21 wrote in message
><19981214162322...@ngol03.aol.com>...

>>>It's a common expression - wonder if anyone does know what the "A" stands
>>>for.
>>>

>>I thought that maybe it stood for 'alright' or 'amazing' as that expression
>>seems to be used in the positive not the negative...
>
>Exactly, Karen. "amazing" Like, 'that's fuckin' amazing, Bubba!" or
>"Fuckin'-A, Junior!"

I asked some locals as to what they thought it stood for...most seemed
to think it was 'Awesome'. Whatever it stands for, it's definitly a positive
expression.

Karen

G Merryweather

Dec 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/16/98
Some further info on the missing dive gear - would appreciate any
leads...
missing stuff includes:

Dacor Extreme reg and fluro yellow octi and first stage. This had also
had a Uwatec pressure gauge (gauge only - no depth gauge, etc) in a
blue rubber case. The octi comes off the rear of the 2 LP ports, with
the main reg off the front one.

Dacor Extreme Access wrist computer and the radio link to use it as an
air integrated computer.
You might see this as the radio link part didn't work (hence the
pressure gauge) and the reason it was in the car was to take into get
fixed. It had new batteries in it, but the computer couldn't pick up
the sender unit.
The wrist computer has been set to the independent serial number
(999999) so I could still use it as a standalone computer. The serial
number of the sender unit was, I think, 009?5?? (possibly 0091563 - it
certainly started with 009). The computer was in it's cardboard box,
which was slightly wrinkled from getting wet last weekend. It had the
warranty and instruction books with it.

Joe Blow

Dec 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/17/98
Mac Roin <flow...@ihug.co.nz> wrote:

> Joe Blow <m...@here.nor.there> wrote:
>
> > Yes, Get a big dog. I often leave the '28 parked in Wellington with the
> > key in the ignition and the windows down. I'm yet to find someone game
> > enough to attempt to get in the car.
>
> Tell me where it is Joe, let me buy some ciggies and matches on the way
> over there, give me one minute, and I'll drive it away
>
> Just jiving. Maybe _I_ would need more than a minute, but believe me, I
> have seen a repossession agent demonstrate how a burning cigarette will
> conquer a bolshie dog. He was a non smoker but always carried cigarettes
> and never found a car with a dog inside that he couldn't drive away, dog
> beside him.

How does it work?

Will it work when there's two dogs and he can't get the attention of
both at once?

Andy Gardner

http://navigator.co.nz/andy

Mystrie21

Dec 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/17/98

In article <1998Dec16.1...@transdataco.nz>, ch...@transdata.co.nz

("chris 'fufas' grace") writes:

>-
>Dave Joll wrote in message <91369883...@Chaos.es.co.nz>...

>>Mystrie21 wrote in message
><19981214162322...@ngol03.aol.com>...
>>
>>>I've heard a few Americans use the expression "Fuckin' A." When I
>>>inquire as to what the "A" stands for, I get blank looks in reply. :-)
>>

>>I think it stands for "Al".
>

>I understood it to be a contraction of "You bet your fucking ass"

Hmmm...but that wouldn't fit in with the ways in which I've heard it
commonly used over here.

eg...1st person 'Hey, I just won the Megabucks'

2nd person 'Fuckin' A'

If it was said in the negative, it could mean 'fuckin' asshole'....if it
was said in the positive, it could probably mean 'fuckin amazing'. It's
all in the tone of voice...:-)

Karen

ta...@xtra.co.nz

Dec 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/18/98
On 17 Dec 1998 21:28:16 GMT, myst...@aol.com (Mystrie21) wrote:

>Hmmm...but that wouldn't fit in with the ways in which I've heard it
>commonly used over here.
>
>eg...1st person 'Hey, I just won the Megabucks'
>
> 2nd person 'Fuckin' A'
>
>If it was said in the negative, it could mean 'fuckin' asshole'....if it
>was said in the positive, it could probably mean 'fuckin amazing'. It's
>all in the tone of voice...:-)

Now if I could only figure out the source of an expression of
agreement I picked up from a friend of mine back in the States that
causes Kiwis to stare in complete incomprehension, "you(re) damned
Skippy." The spousal unit said, "They don't realize you're agreeing
with them. They probably think you're talking about a kangaroo."

Tigger

Dec 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/18/98
ta...@xtra.co.nz wrote:

> Now if I could only figure out the source of an expression of
> agreement I picked up from a friend of mine back in the States that
> causes Kiwis to stare in complete incomprehension, "you(re) damned
> Skippy." The spousal unit said, "They don't realize you're agreeing
> with them. They probably think you're talking about a kangaroo."

Damned straight we would. Which is also, probably, our nearest
equivalent to that phrase. :)

--
Tigger =^..^=
http://www.freeyellow.com/members5/nztigger
http://www.freethought.org.nz/usenet/nz.soc.religion/regulars
Employ me! Visit http://www.freeyellow.com/members5/nztigger/cv.html

Jerry

Dec 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/18/98

Tigger wrote in message <3679BC...@mr2.its.a.car.org.nz>...

>ta...@xtra.co.nz wrote:
>>
>> Now if I could only figure out the source of an expression of
>> agreement I picked up from a friend of mine back in the States that
>> causes Kiwis to stare in complete incomprehension, "you(re) damned
>> Skippy." The spousal unit said, "They don't realize you're agreeing
>> with them. They probably think you're talking about a kangaroo."
>
>Damned straight we would. Which is also, probably, our nearest
>equivalent to that phrase. :)

Fuckin' A!

Jerry

Murray

Jan 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/3/99
On Sun, 13 Dec 1998 23:55:48 +1300, m...@here.nor.there (Joe Blow)
wrote:
that he is now
>very careful about just whose stereo he tries to pinch.
>
>Andy Gardner
>
>http://navigator.co.nz/andy

I was tuned into a couple of hams (Northern Cal.) on the 20 meter band
discussing B&E's. One guy was explaining how he was playing on his
computer and his wife was upstairs at the sewing machine when the
motion light came on outside, he opened the drapes to witness an
intruder in his yard, he yelled to his wife to 'grab the gun' she came
whipping down with the 38 mag. By the time the first slug was
chambered the intruders butt was over the fence (that was described as
a good 5 foot high). This guy meant business, fortunately between the
tripping of the motion sensor and the time span to chamber the big
slug the intruder had sufficient time to bail the fence.

Murray(2)