Who is Lysander Research?

Matty F

Aug 21, 2008, 4:13:08 PM8/21/08
I was phoned by someone from Lysander Research, asking questions about
politics. They wanted to know what candidate I would vote for, but
didn't ask what party I would vote for.
They asked a lot of questions about Rodney Hide, so I guess he or ACT
has commissioned the survey.
But I don't see much from Lysander Research anywhere on Google.
Does anybody know anything about them?

fred

Aug 23, 2008, 5:05:11 AM8/23/08

Some talk of Alexander and some of Hercules,
Of Hector and Lysander and such great men as these...

Or perhaps that wasn't the reference you wanted.
Fred (2)

EMB

Aug 23, 2008, 5:24:05 AM8/23/08

Companies Office records show the involvement of a Stuart Wilson in
Lysander Research Ltd. A whois lookup for lysanderresearch.com shows
the registrant as Stuart Wilson, ACT NZ, Suite 5, Level 2, 309 Broadway,
Newmarket.

Matty F

Aug 23, 2008, 5:27:18 AM8/23/08

There is a website lysanderresearch.com that never seems to work.
They seem to have done "polling" for Dick Quax who stood for
Parliament as an ACT Party candidate. Now they appear to be doing
"polling" for Rodney Hide.
The pollster was evasive when I asked if he was connected with a
polical party. So if Lysander Research phones anyone, ask if they are
polling for ACT. And where's their office and why don't they have a
website that works.

Matty F

Aug 25, 2008, 3:55:19 AM8/25/08

Thanks, I thought as much. I did ask the interviewer if he was
connected with a political party and he said no. A typical ACT liar.