Chris Knox in hospital

A _L_ P

Jun 12, 2009, 8:09:07 PM6/12/09
He's had a stroke and is in hospital in Auckland. I hope-hope-*hope*
he'll be OK. Such an extraordinary man. I wish the word "unique"
hadn't been so devalued in recent times.

A L P

Fred

Jun 12, 2009, 9:33:24 PM6/12/09

"A _L_ P" <hay.he...@xnet.co.nz> wrote in message

> He's had a stroke and is in hospital in Auckland. I hope-hope-*hope*
> he'll be OK. Such an extraordinary man. I wish the word "unique" hadn't
> been so devalued in recent times.

Perhaps you could say he's 'awsome' then? Iconic? There's hardly any words
left that mean anything!

A _L_ P

Jun 12, 2009, 9:47:01 PM6/12/09
Oarsome, you tiny fule ;-)

The iconiccest (iconickest?) ?

A L P

Fred

Jun 12, 2009, 9:52:02 PM6/12/09

"A _L_ P" <hay.he...@xnet.co.nz> wrote in message
Aw yeah. I got it wrong. I'm gutted.

Dafydd

Jun 12, 2009, 10:15:39 PM6/12/09

Yes... used to see him around the Cook in my younger days...

what was he famous for?

Me

Jun 12, 2009, 10:46:24 PM6/12/09
Seeing you there (in your dreams) perhaps?

Jack Spratt

Jun 13, 2009, 12:04:30 AM6/13/09
"Fred" <r...@paradise.net.nz> wrote in message

Mean!
Or was that random? :/

Pat the Fiddle

Jun 13, 2009, 1:14:45 AM6/13/09
On Jun 13, 12:04 am, "Jack Spratt" <pickledpork@_nospam_gmail.com>
wrote:

> "Fred" <r...@paradise.net.nz> wrote in message

> > "A _L_ P" <hay.hell....@xnet.co.nz> wrote in message

> >> Oarsome, you tiny fule  ;-)
>
> >> The iconiccest (iconickest?) ?
>
> > Aw yeah. I got it wrong. I'm gutted.
>
> Mean!
> Or was that random?  :/

This is my first post in a long time after years of reading this
group. I really do wish Chris a full and speedy recovery. A NZ music
icon and and a profound influence.

Apairateef

Jun 13, 2009, 12:45:40 AM6/13/09

Never heard of him...wots he do?

brazen

Jun 13, 2009, 2:26:09 AM6/13/09

"Pat the Fiddle" <pat.si...@gmail.com> wrote in message

hello pat the fiddle...

Kay Neich

Jun 13, 2009, 3:19:23 AM6/13/09

i rem fallling over backwards laughing hearing him sing in the quad
while i was in one of the offices nearby. maybe a good writer, but,
the actual singing - well, i did ask my friend if it was some comedic
act. sorry!

i think i would like him if i actually sat & listened. ditto greg
johnson.

Jack Spratt

Jun 13, 2009, 3:27:09 AM6/13/09
"Apairateef" <arf...@flipflop.com> wrote in message

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Knox

Apairateef

Jun 13, 2009, 4:06:18 AM6/13/09

Thanks...still never heard of anything he's been involved with :P

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Jack Spratt

Jun 13, 2009, 5:51:04 AM6/13/09
"Apairateef" <arf...@flipflop.com> wrote in message

Flying Nun?

WorkHard

Jun 13, 2009, 5:55:04 AM6/13/09
brazen wrote:

> This is my first post in a long time

Rubbish. You have made several posts recently. You must be a
Labourite. They all seem to tell lots of fibs.

> after years of reading this
> group. I really do wish Chris a full and speedy recovery. A
> NZ music
> icon and and a profound influence.

He's not a musician. He's a snob intellectual. Hardly a 'musical'
bone in his body. But I still enjoy him.

--
"Get off your lazy butt and do some work!"

WorkHard

Jun 13, 2009, 5:56:29 AM6/13/09
Mister Scooter wrote:
> On , , Sat, 13 Jun 2009 12:09:07 +1200, Chris Knox in hospital,
> A _L_
> The years of abusing his body have finally caught up with him.
> Another drain on the taxpayer.
> A deserving elder person could be in his hospital bed and
> having the
> rehabilitation/

That's rich coming from you - especially with the costs
associated with your ever ongoing 'treatments', drugs and cons!

Misanthropic Curmudgeon

Jun 13, 2009, 6:17:20 AM6/13/09
On Jun 13, 9:56 pm, "WorkHard" <w...@workhard.org> wrote:
> Mister Scooter wrote:
> > On , , Sat, 13 Jun 2009 12:09:07 +1200, Chris Knox in hospital,
> > A _L_
> > P <hay.hell....@xnet.co.nz> wrote:
>
> >> He's had a stroke and is in hospital in Auckland.  I
> >> hope-hope-*hope*
> >> he'll be OK.  Such an extraordinary man.  I wish the word
> >> "unique"
> >> hadn't been so devalued in recent times.
>
> > The years of abusing his body have finally caught up with him.
> > Another drain on the taxpayer.
> > A deserving elder person could be in his hospital bed and
> > having the
> > rehabilitation/
>
> That's rich coming from you - especially with the costs
> associated with your ever ongoing 'treatments', drugs and cons!

That is because he is envious and jealous - he wants those taxpayers
dollars spent on himself.

E. Scrooge

Jun 13, 2009, 6:29:42 AM6/13/09

"Jack Spratt" <pickledpork@_nospam_gmail.com> wrote in message

What's Sally Field got to do with it?

E. Scrooge

Dafydd

Jun 13, 2009, 6:46:31 AM6/13/09

They should have him on the National programme sometimes instead of
those old tired stage magicians...

hope he gets betta soon....

Apairateef

Jun 13, 2009, 7:12:16 AM6/13/09
Jack Spratt wrote:
> "Apairateef" <arf...@flipflop.com> wrote in message
>> Jack Spratt wrote:
>>> "Apairateef" <arf...@flipflop.com> wrote in message

>>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Knox
>>
>> Thanks...still never heard of anything he's been involved with :P

> Flying Nun?

Meh just... record label innit?

Katipo

Jun 13, 2009, 7:19:20 AM6/13/09

"A _L_ P" <hay.he...@xnet.co.nz> wrote in message

Exactly who is Chris Knox?

victor

Jun 13, 2009, 7:42:31 AM6/13/09
If you are channeling Patrick its "Who or what is a Chris Knox ?"

WorkHard

Jun 13, 2009, 9:19:40 AM6/13/09

He's not worth it. Poor bugger should be left to....

WorkHard

Jun 13, 2009, 9:20:35 AM6/13/09

Chris Knox, of course. What a dumb question.

Dafydd

Jun 13, 2009, 4:20:30 PM6/13/09
On 14 June, 01:20, "WorkHard" <w...@workhard.org> wrote:
> Katipo wrote:
> > "A _L_ P" <hay.hell....@xnet.co.nz> wrote in message

I knew Craig Johnson of "Mother Goose" and kinda
got Chris morphed in with him...

I am a kinda folk riter, reader, singer and don't
bend my brain to much following those who
are clinging to passing trends.

>sigh<

hand me a wet blanket, miss piggy!

PB1952

Jun 13, 2009, 5:24:01 PM6/13/09

--
Apparently Chris's medical prognosis is grim. He is unable to speak or walk
and after surgey doctors anticipate that at best he will be in a wheelchair

PB1...@gmail.com

A _L_ P

Jun 13, 2009, 5:37:26 PM6/13/09
PB1952 wrote:
> "A _L_ P" <hay.he...@xnet.co.nz> wrote in message
>> He's had a stroke and is in hospital in Auckland. I hope-hope-*hope*
>> he'll be OK. Such an extraordinary man. I wish the word "unique" hadn't
>> been so devalued in recent times.
>>
> Apparently Chris's medical prognosis is grim. He is unable to speak or walk
> and after surgey doctors anticipate that at best he will be in a wheelchair
> for the rest of his life.. He may recover his speech after speech therapy
> but it's too early to say..
> Here's hoping for the best outcome possible.

Where did that info come from? It's dreadful news. I hope the
prognosis is wrong and he'll make a good recovery. Good if not perfect,
that is too much to ask for. It's amazing how well people *can* recover
from strokes and he's such an active-minded person his brain is in
training for making new connections :-) Evidently the fitter a person
is the better use they can make of the therapy available, I read that
somewhere recently. Hope it's true.

A L P

PB1952

Jun 13, 2009, 5:52:02 PM6/13/09
"A _L_ P" <hay.he...@xnet.co.nz> wrote in message

From a friend of his who spoke to his wife.

--
PB1...@gmail.com

Kay Neich

Jun 13, 2009, 6:25:41 PM6/13/09

Gee, that is grim.

Message has been deleted

~misfit~

Jun 13, 2009, 8:12:10 PM6/13/09

He's a very intelligent and talented man. An artist and a patron of the
arts, an interviewer and art critic. A great musician who's not afraid to
think outside of the circle. I have a couple of CDs of him with his band The
Tall Dwarfs and. while they're not on high rotation, I do enjoy listening to
them from time to time. I have fond memories of the band Toy Love, it and
it's music was part of an era for me, post-adolescence, a time when *real*
musical appreciation is forming...

Best of luck Chris.
--
Shaun.

~misfit~

Jun 13, 2009, 8:14:29 PM6/13/09
Somewhere on teh intarwebs Apairateef wrote:

You'll for sure know his song "Not Given Lightly", although you may not
recognise it by name. A NZ classic.

Adam Cameron

Jun 13, 2009, 8:24:56 PM6/13/09
>> Flying Nun?
>
> Meh just... record label innit?

Well, yes.

It was kinda instrumental in defining a genre, being the "Dunedin Sound",
and more broadly "New Zealand Music" (don't have a go at me for the labels
or the genrification). The "sound" of Flying Nun's signees can be detected
in influences of a lot of contemporary overseas acts today (Coldplay
springs to mind).

Flying Nun was quite instrumental in getting acts that might usually be
marginalised in the mass-music arena onto the airwaves and TV screens of NZ
homes. And flats. Possibly mostly flats ;-)

Chris Knox is a very talented and thoughtful individual, presenting his
work across a number of media, and is also a great - no nonsense -
entertainer. One of NZ's finest. He might not be to all tastes, but...
well... so much the better, really. Isn't that quite Kiwi in itself?

Some youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBrpQv2mzNk
("Not Given Lightly")

Also popular, thanks to the Henieken ad, "It's love":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hScEAauZgZg

Fuck me... I hope he gets over this current sickness. I really really do.

--
Adam

Sue Bilstein

Jun 13, 2009, 9:29:08 PM6/13/09
On Sat, 13 Jun 2009 15:25:41 -0700 (PDT), Kay Neich
<k.n...@paradise.net.nz> wrote:
>PB1952 wrote:
>> "A _L_ P" <hay.he...@xnet.co.nz> wrote in message
>> > He's had a stroke and is in hospital in Auckland. I hope-hope-*hope*
>> > he'll be OK. Such an extraordinary man. I wish the word "unique" hadn't
>> > been so devalued in recent times.
>> >
>> Apparently Chris's medical prognosis is grim. He is unable to speak or walk
>> and after surgey doctors anticipate that at best he will be in a wheelchair
>> for the rest of his life.. He may recover his speech after speech therapy
>> but it's too early to say..
>> Here's hoping for the best outcome possible.
>>

>Gee, that is grim.

He can't be much older than 55. Very sad.

Fred

Jun 13, 2009, 9:59:34 PM6/13/09

"A _L_ P" <hay.he...@xnet.co.nz> wrote in message

It's true alright that some people recover from strokes against all medical
predictions. Whether their fitness is relevant I do not know, but I do know
of a stroke victim who was thought to have little chance of recovery; far
from fit at the time of stroke, but as he began a slow recovery he pushed
himself to the limit when even walking two steps was a huge effort. After a
couple of years of daily doing as much as he could in spite of the huge
effort required, he was walking long distances, and eventually even bike
riding etc. Nowdays he is fit and exercises regularly. Very few people
would ever guess he had a prolonged period in intensive care with a fair
chance of not getting out of the ward alive.

PB1952

Jun 13, 2009, 10:51:56 PM6/13/09
"Sue Bilstein" <sue.bi...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> On Sat, 13 Jun 2009 15:25:41 -0700 (PDT), Kay Neich
> <k.n...@paradise.net.nz> wrote:
>>PB1952 wrote:
>>> "A _L_ P" <hay.he...@xnet.co.nz> wrote in message
>>> and after surgey doctors anticipate that at best he will be in a
>>> wheelchair
>>> for the rest of his life.. He may recover his speech after speech
>>> therapy
>>> but it's too early to say..
>>> Here's hoping for the best outcome possible.
>>>

>>Gee, that is grim.
>
> He can't be much older than 55. Very sad.

He's 56, 57 in October.
He's a fighter .

--
PB1...@gmail.com

Misanthropic Curmudgeon

Jun 14, 2009, 1:57:40 AM6/14/09
On Jun 14, 10:59 am, Mister Scooter <mister.scoo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On , , Sat, 13 Jun 2009 03:17:20 -0700 (PDT), Re: Chris Knox in hospital,
> Misanthropic Curmudgeon <misanthropiccurmudg...@breastcancermail.com> wrote:
[snip]

> >That is because he is envious and jealous - he wants those taxpayers
> >dollars spent on himself.
>
> I'll never have as much spent on me as you have with
> the police investigation and the time spent in prison
> for your crimes.

Greg, your delusions have moved beyond simply being worng and moved
intothe downright fanciful.

So far as I am aware, I have never been the subject of a police
investigation.
I have never been convicted of a criminal offence
I have been been charged with a criminal offence
I have never been arrested.

Now, I dont know what drug regeimne your shrinks have you on, but
there is someting seriously wrong with your brain functions. Get
help.

> How much a day does it cost to keep a criminal in jail each day?
> If you had any integrity at all you would post the cost of your crimes.

Zero. Given the above, zero.

Get help Greg. You are sprialling out of control.

PB1952

Jun 14, 2009, 3:25:21 AM6/14/09
"Misanthropic Curmudgeon" <misanthropi...@breastcancermail.com>
wrote in message

> On Jun 14, 10:59 am, Mister Scooter <mister.scoo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On , , Sat, 13 Jun 2009 03:17:20 -0700 (PDT), Re: Chris Knox in hospital,
>> Misanthropic Curmudgeon <misanthropiccurmudg...@breastcancermail.com>
>> wrote:
> [snip]
>> >That is because he is envious and jealous - he wants those taxpayers
>> >dollars spent on himself.
>>
>> I'll never have as much spent on me as you have with
>> the police investigation and the time spent in prison
>> for your crimes.
>
> Greg, your delusions have moved beyond simply being worng and moved
> intothe downright fanciful.
>
> So far as I am aware, I have never been the subject of a police
> investigation.
> I have never been convicted of a criminal offence
> I have been been charged with a criminal offence
> I have never been arrested.
>
> Now, I dont know what drug regeimne your shrinks have you on, but
> there is someting seriously wrong with your brain functions. Get
> help.

Don't worry MC, Scooter does this to anyone who crosses him or says
something he doesn't like .
Geez he doesn't even know Chris Knox and he bad mouths him.
It's Scooter's modus operandi.
He's a confirmed head case.

>> How much a day does it cost to keep a criminal in jail each day?
>> If you had any integrity at all you would post the cost of your crimes.
>
> Zero. Given the above, zero.
>

> Get help Greg. You are sprialling out of control.

--
PB1...@gmail.com

Message has been deleted

WorkHard

Jun 14, 2009, 5:06:21 AM6/14/09
Mister Scooter wrote:

> Whatt's your point apart from being judgemental?

They are talking about you, not to you.

But when it comes down to it, you have no point. You are just
another nutter stalking posters in this group for no point and no
gain.

Misanthropic Curmudgeon

Jun 14, 2009, 7:04:55 PM6/14/09
On Jun 14, 8:06 pm, Mister Scooter <mister.scoo...@gmail.com> wrote:
[snip]

> >It's Scooter's modus operandi.
> >He's a confirmed head case.
>
> Whatt's your point apart from being judgemental?

This coming from the person who has just accused me of being a
recidivist criminal.

Misanthropic Curmudgeon

Jun 14, 2009, 7:11:16 PM6/14/09
On Jun 14, 7:25 pm, "PB1952" <paul1...@xtra.co.nz> wrote:
> "Misanthropic Curmudgeon" <misanthropiccurmudg...@breastcancermail.com>
> wrote in messagenews:87f9da29-033a-4c88...@g15g2000pra.googlegroups.com...

> > On Jun 14, 10:59 am, Mister Scooter <mister.scoo...@gmail.com> wrote:
[snip]

> >> I'll never have as much spent on me as you have with
> >> the police investigation and the time spent in prison
> >> for your crimes.
>
> > Greg, your delusions have moved beyond simply being worng and moved
> > intothe downright fanciful.
>
> > So far as I am aware, I have never been the subject of a police
> > investigation.
> > I have never been convicted of a criminal offence
> > I have been been charged with a criminal offence
> > I have never been arrested.
>
> > Now, I dont know what drug regeimne your shrinks have you on, but
> > there is someting seriously wrong with your brain functions. Get
> > help.
>
> Don't worry MC, Scooter does this to anyone who crosses
> him or says something he doesn't like .

Greg's cyber-stalking is legendary. As is how often he is wrong.
I've lost track of the number of 'real' names he has attributed to me
(Martin was a particular funny one he stuck by for a long time,
perhaps assuming a relationship with 'misanthropic'?): maybe he think
that if he dishes out enough names he'll finially get it right (which
is quite amusing really - its not as if several several posters here
dont know who I am, or that I have been loitering in nz.general for
about 12-15 years now.

Perhaps on of more amusing parst of his derangement is his 'I'll come
over and get you' mantra which is almost immediatly followed by 'but I
cant be bothered' excuse.

Greg is a sad, sorry, pathetic, case. His passing will not be missed.

A _L_ P

Jun 14, 2009, 7:24:57 PM6/14/09
Misanthropic Curmudgeon wrote:

> Greg's cyber-stalking is legendary. As is how often he is wrong.
> I've lost track of the number of 'real' names he has attributed to me
> (Martin was a particular funny one he stuck by for a long time,
> perhaps assuming a relationship with 'misanthropic'?): maybe he think
> that if he dishes out enough names he'll finially get it right (which
> is quite amusing really - its not as if several several posters here
> dont know who I am, or that I have been loitering in nz.general for
> about 12-15 years now.

Algernon. Bede. Cyrus or possibly Cedric. Denzil. Edmund... warm yet?

> Perhaps on of more amusing parst of his derangement is his 'I'll come
> over and get you' mantra which is almost immediatly followed by 'but I
> cant be bothered' excuse.
>
> Greg is a sad, sorry, pathetic, case. His passing will not be missed.

YOU can make him invisible! Send money NOW!
No, for you I'll give you a FREE No Obligation hint : k-llf-le.

A L P

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

WorkHard

Jun 15, 2009, 3:38:45 AM6/15/09
Mister Scooter wrote:

>> Greg is a sad, sorry, pathetic, case. His passing will not be
>> missed.
>

> Whoosh.
> I just went past you.

Yeah.. the other way.. on your way to hell.

Message has been deleted

WorkHard

Jun 15, 2009, 7:07:16 AM6/15/09
Mister Scooter wrote:
> On , , Mon, 15 Jun 2009 19:38:45 +1200, Re: Chris Knox in
> hospital,

>>> Whoosh.
>>> I just went past you.
>>
>> Yeah.. the other way.. on your way to hell.
>
> That's pathetic, even for you John.

Call me what you like. But are you saying you are already there?

Answer the question you evasive nutter.

Sue Bilstein

Jun 15, 2009, 7:56:31 AM6/15/09
On Sun, 14 Jun 2009 14:51:56 +1200, "PB1952" <paul...@xtra.co.nz>
wrote:

>"Sue Bilstein" <sue.bi...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> He can't be much older than 55. Very sad.
>

>He's 56, 57 in October.
>He's a fighter .

The DomPost reported today that he's smiling, though he can't speak.

Message has been deleted