Acer Travelmate 240 overheating

Nik Coughlin

May 21, 2006, 6:54:58 PM5/21/06
My girlfriend is having problems with her Acer Travelmate 240, when the
power adaptor is plugged in the plug starts getting really hot and the
plastic on it starts melting. The socket gets hot too.

It only happens if the power adaptor is plugged in while the laptop is
turned on, she can charge it fine when the laptop is turned off and it
doesn't overheat. This is a pain though because it means she can only use
it for the life time of the battery before having to turn it off and charge
it again.

Because the plug is melting it has trouble staying in and makes the
disconnected alarm go pretty much all of the time.

It's the second power adaptor to do the same thing. The laptop is less than
three years old but I think that the warranty is only one year (not sure
about this, anyone know?).

Vista

May 21, 2006, 9:40:47 PM5/21/06
Contact ACER, I am sure they will switch it free of charge as it has to last
a reasonable period of time, and it sounds like a potential safety hazard.
Laptop power supplies are often recalled for this very problem.

"Nik Coughlin" <nrkn...@gmail.com> wrote in message