Slingshot - Reset Your News Server

E. Scrooge

Mar 16, 2005, 11:55:32 PM3/16/05
Not a damn thing is coming Slingshots news server since ihug rebuilt /
replaced their new server.

ihug on the other hand is going very well indeed for now. ihug under Aussie
ownership might be on the improve at long last. Even added more ihug groups
for ihug users.

E. Scrooge

Matthew Poole

Mar 17, 2005, 1:02:59 AM3/17/05
In article <d1b2k5$9o9$1...@lust.ihug.co.nz>, "E. Scrooge" <e.sc...@ieyehug.co.nz (remove eye)> wrote:
>Not a damn thing is coming Slingshots news server since ihug rebuilt /
>replaced their new server.

*SNIP*

You don't really think that bunch of monkeys READ usenet do you?
E-mail n...@callplus.net.nz if you want to achieve anything. I wouldn't
hold your breath, though.

--
Matthew Poole Auckland, New Zealand
"Veni, vidi, velcro...

My real e-mail is mattATp00leDOTnet

EMB

Mar 17, 2005, 12:04:41 AM3/17/05

Ihug is doing very well - they've sorted out the newsserver, they're
sorting some routing issues that are giving my ADSL indigestion, and
2Mbit bliink is coming soon. Unless something awful happens they will
get my vote for NZ's best ISP (for a change).

--
EMB

EMB

Mar 17, 2005, 12:10:05 AM3/17/05
Matthew Poole wrote:

> You don't really think that bunch of monkeys READ usenet do you?
> E-mail n...@callplus.net.nz if you want to achieve anything. I wouldn't
> hold your breath, though.

I'm not sure any of the NZ ISP's read email sent to noc@ much anymore -
I had to phone to get a spammer curtailed by a NZ ISP 24 hours after
emailing noc about it and getting no response. Their helpdesk told me
it takes about a week to get thru on that addy!

--
EMB

E. Scrooge

Mar 17, 2005, 1:17:14 AM3/17/05

"Matthew Poole" <sp...@stops.here> wrote in message

> In article <d1b2k5$9o9$1...@lust.ihug.co.nz>, "E. Scrooge"
> <e.sc...@ieyehug.co.nz (remove eye)> wrote:
>>Not a damn thing is coming Slingshots news server since ihug rebuilt /
>>replaced their new server.
>>
> *SNIP*
>
> You don't really think that bunch of monkeys READ usenet do you?
> E-mail n...@callplus.net.nz if you want to achieve anything. I wouldn't
> hold your breath, though.
>
> --
> Matthew Poole

LOL
Actually they couldn't see it since they still haven't reset their server.
Surely ihug would have contacted the monkeys at Slingshot to reset their
server?

Thanks for the address, I may well use it.

E. Scrooge