Clearly they made too many of these and they are being heavily discounted.
Best Buy has $49.99 price on the ''Insignia™ - Infocast 3.5" Internet Media Display, Model: NS-DP3CH''.
This is electrically the _same_ as the _Chumby_One_, _only_w/o_ space for the back-up battery. It used the same 454MHz uP ARM, too.
An overview of specs for the Chumby One...:
The Chumby One
* 454 MHz ARM processor
* 64 MB DDR SDRAM
* 2 GB internal microSD card (some only have 1 GB)
* 3.5" LCD color touchscreen
* 2W mono speaker
* Wi-fi connectivity (802.11 b/g)
* FM radio tuner
* Uses rechargeable lithium ion battery (not included); about one hour on a full charge
[NOTE: Insignia - Infocast 3.5" version would have to have this external]
* 4" wide x 4" tall x 3.5" deep
* 1 USB 2.0 high-speed port
* Stereo headphone output
* Volume knob
* Accelerometer (motion sensor)
* ABS plastic housing
* AC adapter included
* USB ethernet compatible
* Dimmable backlight
This is full open-source, with listings and schematics available.
The FORUMS are full of mods, hacks, and patches for this.
Although it is _not_ a beginner's project, the installed non-standard Linux can be replaced with Android or other ports.
At this price, the sale probably can not last too long, until the product is discontinued _and/or_ sold out...
- - - -
Standard disclaimer: I have no financial interest or relationship with Best Buy, Chumby, nor Insignia.