[ANN] NYC JavaScript User Group's First Meeting

Brian Mitchell

Jun 2, 2009, 1:40:19 PM6/2/09
to NYC.js
I'm happy to finally announce, after some delays, that we have our
first meeting scheduled. The meeting is tomorrow, the 3rd of June at
7:00PM. I am sorry about the short notice but it's about time we get
things rolling.

So the venue is going to include a talk about Sammy, a small framework
inspired by the Sinatra framework. There will also be a short talk on
the topic of function calls and scoping in JavaScript for beginners
and experts alike... surprising content awaits for those attending for
either talk. Side note: we will be trying to keep this meeting short
so people can catch other events the same day, so please feel free to
attend any portion of the meeting but plan on about 1 hour total for
this month's meeting.

To attend, please send a message to rs...@nycjavascript.com and let me
know what talks interest you, what you'd like to see presented, and
any proposals for something you'd like to present. The venue itself
will be held at the Wilson Sonsini Goodrich and Rosati law firm's
offices:

1301 6th Ave, 40th floor (next to the UBS building, close to the
MoMa)

To get there you can use many of the great mass transit options,
including the 7th Ave stop (B,C,E), 5th Ave & 53rd St stop (E,V), or
the 49th St stop (N,R,W) or many more near by. If you need tips from a
specific location please don't hesitate asking here.

Also, feel free to forward or link this announcement wherever
appropriate. We'd love to invite all kind of people interested in
JavaScript in general. Also, there will be a short announcements
portion between talks so if you are looking for JavaScript developers
or have interesting projects, please come and let us know about it!

Hope to see you guys there.

Rock on,
Brian.

Mike K

Jun 3, 2009, 10:10:55 AM6/3/09
to NYC.js
I may not be able to make it today, but I am interested.
Mike

marak....@gmail.com

Jun 4, 2009, 10:45:42 AM6/4/09
to NYC.js
I am very interested as well, just got this link today though.

Look forward to the next one!