Planning first NY-NLP+ML meetup (early January 2010)

Joseph Turian

Dec 25, 2009, 6:29:46 AM12/25/09
to NY NLP+ML (Natural Language Processing + Machine Learning)
I would like to schedule a meetup for the first week of January.
Do people have a strong preference about the day / time?

Would anyone like to give a presentation on some NLP or ML tool? I
have two presentations lined up, tentatively.
A laptop demo where you show code and run it and show the output is
fine. Or you could do something with slides.
Let's especially encourage talks that involve a URL where people can
download code or a library

On Thu, Dec 24, 2009 at 7:54 PM, Sushant Anand
<sushan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> hey...this is great...do we have prospective meeting spots?

I have one location tentatively confirmed. They don't have a
projector---not a big deal---and don't have a wireless hub---more of
an issue. I also asked two other locations. Any other location
suggestions?

Best,
Joseph

Joseph Turian

Dec 31, 2009, 4:23:35 PM12/31/09
to NY NLP+ML (Natural Language Processing + Machine Learning in New York)
What are people's preferences about when we should have a hackday?
Let's assume it will be about four to six hours.

I have found two potential venues, and would like to get a headcount.

On Dec 25, 6:29 am, Joseph Turian <tur...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I would like to schedule a meetup for the first week of January.
> Do people have a strong preference about the day / time?
>
> Would anyone like to give a presentation on some NLP or ML tool? I
> have two presentations lined up, tentatively.
> A laptop demo where you show code and run it and show the output is
> fine. Or you could do something with slides.
> Let's especially encourage talks that involve a URL where people can
> download code or a library
>
> On Thu, Dec 24, 2009 at 7:54 PM, Sushant Anand

Sushant Anand

Dec 31, 2009, 11:05:56 PM12/31/09
to ny-n...@googlegroups.com, NY NLP+ML (Natural Language Processing + Machine Learning in New York)
Can we have this on a weekend day?