NWSFS August Social - Saturday - 08/15/09

Shawn Marier

Jul 27, 2009, 6:15:25 PM7/27/09
to nwsfs-ann...@googlegroups.com, norwesco...@googlegroups.com
Please join NWSFS for our August Social, the 6th Annual Pseudo Winter Solstice Chili Cook Off on Saturday, August 15, 2009, at Shawn & Kat’s house.   As always, NWSFS members are encouraged to attend, and non-members in the community are welcome.

The social will begin at 5:00 P.M. and end around 10:00 P.M.

The address is 3803 142nd Ave SE, Bellevue.  Our phone is (425) 957-7565

This event is based upon The Pseudo Summer Solstice Spaghetti Sauce Off.

NWSFS will provide cornbread and soft drinks. Contestants will bring various chilies for you to taste and vote on. The contributors of the most popular chilies will receive small prizes. If you plan to bring a chili, please bring at least 2 quarts of it plus an ingredients list for those of us with food allergies or other restrictions.

If you can, please bring a crock pot to keep your chili warm and a ladle.  If you cannot bring a crock pot, please call ahead to make arrangements for use of a burner in the kitchen. This is still something of a potluck. If you are not competing, please bring a contribution of munchies, side dish, or desert. To support the contest, there is a small fee for the Cook Off. The fee is $3 for NWSFS members and $5 for non- members.  We hope to see you there.

Logistical information:
Smoking areas are outside. The house has no animals. The main entrance is up two small steps. Parking is on-street, and generally available.

The closest bus stop is 1/3 mile away (2 blocks east), at the corner of SE 40th St and 146th Ave SE, and serves the #222 bus (transfer from Seattle at the Eastgate Park and Ride).

Directions:
• From I-90 eastbound take exit 11A (150th Ave SE exit), stay in the far right lane...
• Turn right onto 150th AVE SE
• Turn right onto SE 38th St. (Standard gas station on corner)
• Turn Left onto 146th AVE SE
• Turn Right onto SE 40th ST
• Go two blocks turn right onto to 142nd AVE SE (note NOT 142nd PL)
• House is a light tan at the end of the street.    You might need to park on 40th St.