Notices

Shawn Marier

Mar 11, 2009, 3:31:48 PM3/11/09
to nwsfs-ann...@googlegroups.com
The following have recently been sent into NWSFS and might be of
interest to our membership

First a book sale:

The Peninsula Library in Gig Harbor, WA has had a donation of a large
science fiction book collection (both hardbacks and paperbacks). We
are selling these books at our next book sale on April 17 from 3pm and
April 18 from 10am to 3pm. The library is located at 4424 Pt Fosdick
Dr.NW in Gig Harbor.

Next a Victorian Corset Class:

"3/27-29/09, Ritzville, WA. MAKE YOUR OWN VICTORIAN CORSET CLASS.
Corset kit, custom pattern, two days of personalized instruction.
www.seamslikemagik.com or email in...@seamslikemagik.com for an
application or mail to: Seams Like Magik, PO Box 462, Ritzville, WA
99169. "

Below is more information if needed or interested.

Jane Campbell
Designer/Owner, Seams Like Magik
PO Box 462
Ritzville, WA 99169

in...@seamslikemagik.com
www.seamslikemagik.com
509-492-6246

FACT SHEET

MAKE YOUR OWN VICTORIAN CORSET

THE COURSE: Choose a corset kit, cut it out and put it together.
Detailed guidance for each step, with examples and hand-outs to ensure
success.

THE CORSET: Beautiful full-steel Victorian corset. Lined, with a
front steel busk. Be prepared to look fabulous!

THE CORSETIERE: Jane Campbell, Corsetiere /Designer/Engineer has been
sewing for over forty years. She sells corsets wherever Seams Like
Magik is found - at the Washington Renaissance Fantasy Faire,
SakuraCon, NorwesCon, RadCon and June Faire.

WHAT YOU GET: Corset kit (value $75.00) - fabric and lining, spring
steel precut ½" boning, steel busk, boning channels, and more. Corset
pattern customized for you. Meet other people who make and wear
Victorian corsets. Personalized, hands-on instruction. All meals and
beverages are included. Professional tools available for use include
grommet setters and pressing equipment. Cost: $495.00/person

WHERE: We are keeping the costs down by holding it in Ritzville, WA,
convenient to I-90, a short drive from Seattle, Spokane or the
TriCities. Free shuttle service from Spokane Airport. Local motels
available at incredible low prices.

WHEN: March 28-29, 2009, 8AM-6PM. Special corset presentation and
social on Friday, March 27, 7PM.

INFORMATION: Check out www.seamslikemagik.com Events Blog for more
information about Jane, the corsets and class updates. Email
in...@seamslikemagik.com for an application or mail Seams Like Magik,
PO Box 462, Ritzville, WA 99169.

DON'T WAIT TO RESERVE YOUR SPACE!