Northwest Science Fiction Society at KBTC / Volunteers Needed

1 view

Michael Citrak

Feb 17, 2010, 1:22:09 AM2/17/10
to NWSFS Announcements
Howdy

Are there any fannish things to do prior to Norwescon you may ask....why yes! there IS.

The Northwest Science Fiction Society will once again volunteer Saturday (2/27/10) at KBTC Public Television for a pledge evening (5pm to 7pm).  NWSFS has been invited to staff the phones and take pledges for the station.  KBTC has had help from many a fanish group: NWSFS, Norwescon, Anglicon and Emerald City Androgums, and they need our help again.  We need 8 to 10 volunteers to run their pledges....and they'll get at least one pledge as I always donate when I am on set.

Anyway, please email me (mcitrak AT comcast DOT net) to let me know if you can volunteer  The pledge window is 5pm to 7pm.  Getting there by 4:30pm should be enough time for new people to get the quick instructions for taking pledges and learn which buttons to push on the phones.  The Show during the pledge will be "SCTV Golden Classics!."

If you don't know what SCTV is, it's a great comedy stuff.

KBTC Public Television is a service of Bates Technical College.
The studio is at their Mohler Campus at:

2320 South 19th Street
Tacoma, WA 98405
253.680.7700

Basic Directions
I-5 to Tacoma
take Hwy 16
then S.Sprague Ave
left on S 19th
Studio is on left
(Return to Freeway is a little different due to construction).

Please let me know if you'll be there, so we know to watch the front door to let you in <grin>.  No really.

THANKS
Michael Citrak
Northwest Science Fiction Society - Chair
mci...@comcast.net
www.nwsfs.org