I am new to this forum, though I have known about GCC for some time and appreciate its aspirations. I am one of the current organizers of Capitol NVC, a regional NVC organization (thus far unincorporated) in the Washington DC metro area, which has been active for a number of years. Capitol NVC began using Sociocracy this past winter, and we are actively working on taking our organization to a new level of sophistication and effectiveness.
I believe that getting the sort of new structures, processes, policies, and programs we want in place would be facilitated by learning what has been done in other regional NVC organizations. A condensed list of information that would be of interest includes:
* Articles of incorporation, and bylaws
* Other significant policies and practices
* Organizational structure and paid/unpaid staffing
* Programs - nature, scope, experience with
* Compensation practices
* Relationship to sustainability of NVC trainers
* Importance of various sources of funding
* Issues that have been or currently are alive
My impression is that the aims of GCC are aligned with helping to make information like this available to groups to support their own development. So, I have a few questions:
1) Is GCC currently able to make any information along these lines available to us, or otherwise able to facilitate our getting such information? (I found the "Pioneer Valley NVC Operating Agreements" document in the files section and wonder what additional information there might be.)
2) We have begun talking to other organizations to try to gather some of this sort of information ourselves. If we end up collecting information we think might be useful to other NVC organizations, is there a mechanism by which we could make this information available to GCC?
3) Likely, what investigation we will be able to justify doing may be limited in scope. However, if GCC does not already have mechanisms in place to gather this sort of information, and there were funding available to support work in gathering it, a colleague and I could imagine enjoying doing a larger, more systematic survey and developing a report compiling the gathered information, to be provided to GCC for sharing with other organizations. However, before considering making a formal proposal, we would want to have a sense that such a project might be aligned with GCC's needs, and that funding was at least somewhat plausible.Is anyone able to offer a perspective on this?
I am enjoying this step in engaging with the larger NVC community, and look forward to any responses.