Does anyone having to say about NUnit 2.5?

Mark Levison

May 5, 2009, 3:18:35 PM5/5/09
to nunit-discuss
It always helps my InfoQ news items if there is more than one source (Charlie in this case) to quote. Does anyone have anything to say about how they've found the new 2.5 features useful? I'm not looking for puff quotes but real comments (i.e. no superlatives), just using your normal tone of voice. Added bonus, if I use your quote I will link back to your site/about page/linkedin (something that mentions you.

Cheers
Mark
Mark Levison - Agile/Lean Transition Coach || Agile Editor @ InfoQ || 613-862-2538 (cell) || Twitter
Blog Recent Enteries: Functional/Acceptance Test Tools for Web Apps || Do You Suspect You Have a Less than Productive Person on Your Team?

Simone Busoli

May 5, 2009, 5:06:59 PM5/5/09
to nunit-...@googlegroups.com
I can speak for the framework part, since it's what I'm mostly into. Having parameterized tests is something very useful in some cases, although something other frameworks have had for some time.
The assertions part is what I prefer, since with the constraint model you gain a lot of expressiveness, and the 2.5 release has a lot of new assertions as well as modifiers to customize them to some extent. Furthermore, having modifiers accept inline methods is great for the million times when you have to compare two objects for in/equality and you want to override the concept of equality those objects have in your domain.

Olof Bjarnason

May 5, 2009, 5:12:19 PM5/5/09
to nunit-...@googlegroups.com
OK I'll add that developing loops (while, do-while, for) has gotten
simpler since the Timeout-attribute was added (if the loop logic gets
screwed up resulting in infinite loop, a timout will preemptively
break that test). Earlier I had to Ctrl+Alt+Del to kill the
NUnit-process since it simply hanged.

2009/5/5 Simone Busoli <simone...@gmail.com>:
--
twitter.com/olofb