NUnit Extensions

Fabio Maulo

Jul 18, 2009, 5:46:06 PM7/18/09
to nunit-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all.

I was talking with Charlie, a bit, about some new syntax for NUnit3.
Now I'm part of NUnit-Dev.

I want invite you to download and try NUnitEx.

NUnitEx is not a substitution on NUnit constraints nor assertion; you can use all together.

The intention of NUnitEx is write short assertions where the Visual-Studio IDE intellisense is "your friend".

The full syntax overview is available here:

I would like to know your opinion about the "viability" of the syntax for the coming NUnit version.

Thanks.
Fabio Maulo

Fabio Maulo

Jul 18, 2009, 5:49:51 PM7/18/09
to nunit-...@googlegroups.com
Some posts about NUnitEx are available on my blog

Charlie Poole

Jul 19, 2009, 9:46:28 PM7/19/09
to nunit-...@googlegroups.com
It would be great if a few people tried it and reported what you think here.

Too much of our discussion about this stuff consists of one programmer
trying to "prove"  to another that his way is better. Rather than discusive
argumentation about various syntaxes, we'd rather hear from people who
say "I used this and here is how it seemed to me..."

So please don't hesitate to report how it felt to work with this api. We'll
have some sort of advanced syntax in the .NET 3.5 build of the new
framework, but the devil is in the details, so tell us what you liked and
didn't like and let's see if we can't iterate toward a solution that works
for the greatest number of people!

Charlie

Jul 20, 2009, 12:04:04 AM7/20/09
to NUnit-Discuss
I'm currently using nunitex and I really like two thinks about it:

1- The syntax is more clear than common assertions.
2- Very easy to extend. Look this patch : http://code.google.com/p/nunitex/source/detail?r=119

On 19 jul, 22:46, "Charlie Poole" <char...@nunit.com> wrote:
> It would be great if a few people tried it and reported what you think here.
>
> Too much of our discussion about this stuff consists of one programmer
> trying to "prove"  to another that his way is better. Rather than discusive
> argumentation about various syntaxes, we'd rather hear from people who
> say "I used this and here is how it seemed to me..."
>
> So please don't hesitate to report how it felt to work with this api. We'll
> have some sort of advanced syntax in the .NET 3.5 build of the new
> framework, but the devil is in the details, so tell us what you liked and
> didn't like and let's see if we can't iterate toward a solution that works
> for the greatest number of people!
>
> Charlie
>
>   _____

Gustavo Ringel

Jul 20, 2009, 9:15:53 AM7/20/09
to NUnit-Discuss
I'm using NUnitEx almost from the beggining and i'm already very used
and happy with it.
I had some things i wanted to add and change to the API as part of the
usage in my current application, and Fabio kindly added the
suggestions that were agreed as improvements, so I suggest people to
play with it and discuss how to improve it also.

Gustavo.

On 20 jul, 04:46, "Charlie Poole" <char...@nunit.com> wrote:
> It would be great if a few people tried it and reported what you think here.
>
> Too much of our discussion about this stuff consists of one programmer
> trying to "prove"  to another that his way is better. Rather than discusive
> argumentation about various syntaxes, we'd rather hear from people who
> say "I used this and here is how it seemed to me..."
>
> So please don't hesitate to report how it felt to work with this api. We'll
> have some sort of advanced syntax in the .NET 3.5 build of the new
> framework, but the devil is in the details, so tell us what you liked and
> didn't like and let's see if we can't iterate toward a solution that works
> for the greatest number of people!
>
> Charlie
>
>   _____

Fabio Maulo

Jul 20, 2009, 11:29:20 AM7/20/09
to nunit-...@googlegroups.com
Negative comments are accepted also.

--
Fabio Maulo

Charlie Poole

Jul 21, 2009, 9:33:10 PM7/21/09
to nunit-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Fabio,

I wanted to again mention - there is no listing for NUnitEx

Is there some reason you may not want to list it?

Charlie

Jul 22, 2009, 9:07:24 AM7/22/09
to nunit-...@googlegroups.com
Official request sent to you.
Thanks.

2009/7/22 Fabio Maulo <fabio...@gmail.com>

--
Fabio Maulo

Charlie Poole

Jul 22, 2009, 10:24:59 AM7/22/09
to nunit-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Fabio,

Yes, you can send it to me. That way, the entry content is under your control.

Soon, it will be on the wiki instead, so you can modify it yourself.

Charlie

Jul 22, 2009, 11:35:36 AM7/22/09
to nunit-...@googlegroups.com
2009/7/22 Charlie Poole <cha...@nunit.com>
Hi Fabio,

Yes, you can send it to me. That way, the entry content is under your control.

done.

--
Fabio Maulo

Vansha

Jul 28, 2009, 11:02:12 AM7/28/09
to NUnit-Discuss
I've being using NUnitEx for about one month. And i should notice that
now i use NUnitEx syntax only. I like it readable syntax. And yes,
intellisense is my friend now. :)

Thanks you guys for both - great unit testing framework and for great
extension on it.

pedro wood

Aug 3, 2009, 4:00:26 PM8/3/09
to NUnit-Discuss
I've been using NUnitEx for a while and really like the fluid
assertions.
The syntax it's really easy to learn and use and very clear in
communicating the intent of the test.

Thanks for both NUnit and NUnitEx.

Pedro Wood