ANN: NUnit 2.5 Release Candidate is Out

Charlie Poole

Apr 28, 2009, 3:16:31 AM4/28/09
to nunit-...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I'll spread the word more widely tomorrow, but it's downloadable now
from the sourceforge site or http://nunit.org/?p=download

Charlie

Charlie Poole

Apr 28, 2009, 4:31:22 PM4/28/09
to nunit-...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

Here's the text of the official announcement I'm sending out
to a number of lists. Feel free to redistribute it yourself.

Charlie

****
The NUnit 2.5 release candidate is now available at
http://nunit.org/?p=download.

NUnit 2.5 is a very big release, so you'll have to read the release notes at
http://nunit.org/?p=releaseNotes&r=2.5 for the full story. But here are ten
reasons to give it a try...

1. Parameterized (data-driven) tests are supported, with features similar to
those found in mbUnit and xUnit.net.

2. Theories - as used in JUnit- are supported fully, including support for
Assume.That.

3. New attributes allow the specifying the thread and apartment state
requirements of a test.

4. Exception handling can now be moved into the test code using
Assert.Throws or the
Throws.Exception syntax.

5. Test methods and fixtures may now be generic and many asserts and
constraint expressions now support generic syntax.

6. Many constraints now permit substitution of a user-defined comparison
algorithm through the Using modifier. Lambda expressions are supported.

7. Test execution may now take place in a separate process for better
isolation.

8. Tests may be loaded and executed using a selected runtime version.

9. Tests, setup methods, teardown methods and data sources may be static if
desired. If there are no instance methods, then NUnit doesn't need to
construct your test class.

10. Source code is displayed in the gui, where available.

See http://nunit.org for more info.

Simone Busoli

Apr 28, 2009, 4:39:17 PM4/28/09
to nunit-...@googlegroups.com
Looking at all of them together the list of changes is impressive. Great job Charlie.

Charlie Poole

Apr 28, 2009, 5:00:16 PM4/28/09
to nunit-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Simone,

> Looking at all of them together the list of changes is
> impressive. Great job Charlie.

Thanks, I appreciate it.

That said, I'd definitely like to get back to small, frequent
releases as soon as possible! :-)

Charlie

Charlie Poole

Apr 29, 2009, 2:42:56 PM4/29/09
to nunit-...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I blogged a slightly modified top ten list, with a bit more
explanation of each one, at http://nunit.com/blogs/?p=66.

It would be cool if others would blog their own lists or mods.

Charlie

Fabio Maulo

Apr 30, 2009, 12:52:04 AM4/30/09
to nunit-...@googlegroups.com
Eco done

CONGRATULATION!!!! To you and the team.

2009/4/29 Charlie Poole <cha...@nunit.com>

--
Fabio Maulo

Charlie Poole

Apr 30, 2009, 12:58:52 AM4/30/09
to nunit-...@googlegroups.com
Great!

Apr 30, 2009, 1:29:09 AM4/30/09
to nunit-...@googlegroups.com
I wrote a NUnit 2.5 "What's new" review in Russian :)

http://blogs.gotdotnet.ru/personal/sergeypopov/PermaLink.aspx?guid=0d7f1df6-f6b0-45a2-802c-e724a3e67bf9

Sergey Popov.

Charlie Poole

Apr 30, 2009, 2:01:15 AM4/30/09
to nunit-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sergey,

This looks great. I actually know enough Russian to read
technical stuff with a dictionary, and I like the detail
you put into this.

Charlie

Sergey Popov

Apr 30, 2009, 2:18:34 AM4/30/09
to nunit-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Charlie!

Thank you!

Sergey Popov.

Olof Bjarnason

Apr 30, 2009, 5:08:13 AM4/30/09
to nunit-...@googlegroups.com
Great work Charlie!!

2009/4/30 Sergey Popov <psg...@gmail.com>:
--
twitter.com/olofb
olofb.wordpress.com

Mark Levison

Apr 30, 2009, 9:44:47 AM4/30/09
to nunit-...@googlegroups.com
When you release I write it up on InfoQ.
--
Cheers
Mark Levison

Charlie Poole

Apr 30, 2009, 12:36:54 PM4/30/09
to nunit-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mark,

That would be great.

Charlie

Apr 30, 2009, 2:31:58 PM4/30/09
to nunit-...@googlegroups.com
Sergey,

How well does the new stack display deal with a Russian
language stack trace? If you send me a sample stack trace
in Russian I'll add a test.

Sébastien Lorion

May 1, 2009, 9:47:38 AM5/1/09
to nunit-...@googlegroups.com

Sergey Popov

May 3, 2009, 1:10:12 AM5/3/09
to nunit-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Charlie!

I’m sorry, I use English Windows Vista and don’t have Russian version
of NET Framework installed... In English OS with Russian regional
setting and with English NET Framework, the stack trace looks
absolutely the same as the stack trace in English OS with English
regional settings :)

I’m going to install Russian framework version to Virtual PC today or
tomorrow, and then will send you the report.

Sergey Popov.

Charlie Poole

May 3, 2009, 2:27:14 AM5/3/09
to nunit-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sergey,

It's not a rush, since I'm putting out the release already,
but it would be nice to know that it works. :-)

Sergey Popov

May 4, 2009, 1:15:57 PM5/4/09
to nunit-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Charlie!

The sample stack trace made in Russian Windows with Russian NET
framework is attached. Exception Browser works properly on this
configuration.

Sergey Popov.
StackTrace-ru.zip

Charlie Poole

May 4, 2009, 4:22:14 PM5/4/09
to nunit-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks! Even though it works, I'm adding it to the tests in
case of later regression.