[nunit-discuss] NUnit 2.5.5 Released

Charlie Poole

Apr 23, 2010, 1:14:40 AM4/23/10
to nunit-...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I just released NUnit 2.5.5 on Launchpad - website updates are in process.

This release should now work correctly with VS2010 and .Net 4.0 and has
also been updated to correct problems testing 64-bit applications. There
are a number of enhancements to Theories, which however remain
experimental.

Charlie

Yann Duran

Apr 23, 2010, 2:58:18 AM4/23/10
to nunit-...@googlegroups.com
Great news Charlie!

Any idea when Jamie will be releasing an updated TestDriven.Net that
includes support for 2.5.5? Obviously you can't read his mind, just
wondering if you know he's been testing a new version alongside yourself.

Yann

Apr 23, 2010, 9:30:51 AM4/23/10
to NUnit-Discuss
Charlie,

I'm getting a 404 from launchpad when I try to follow the download
link on the website.It worked fine when I downloaded it from the
launchpad page.

Alan

Charlie Poole

Apr 23, 2010, 10:37:27 AM4/23/10
to nunit-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alan,

Fixed now. Thanks for pointing this out.

Charlie

Jamie Cansdale

May 4, 2010, 12:41:34 PM5/4/10
to nunit-...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks,

> Any idea when Jamie will be releasing an updated TestDriven.Net that
> includes support for 2.5.5?

Sorry about the delay! I've been held up with some tricky .NET 4.0
issues of my own.

I've just uploaded TestDriven.Net 3.0 RC 4, which now includes NUnit
2.5.5 support:
http://www.testdriven.net/download.aspx

If you ever need to use a specific (perhaps newer) version of NUnit
with TestDriven.Net, Travis Illig has documented the process here:
http://www.paraesthesia.com/archive/2010/05/03/how-to-run-a-different-nunit-version-with-testdriven.net.aspx

By xcopy deploying the NUnit test runner with your source, you can
ensure that everyone is executing using the exactly the same version
of NUnit and any extensions in the 'addins' folder are always
available.

BTW, 'Test With > NCover' now works with .NET 2.0 & 4.0. There are
lots of other improvements that you will find in the release notes.

Regards,
Jamie.

--
http://www.testdriven.net