NUnit GUI issue: /exclude categories are saved each time

andreister

Feb 19, 2010, 5:10:07 AM2/19/10
to NUnit-Discuss
Hi, found this discussion:
http://groups.google.com/group/nunit-discuss/browse_frm/thread/9b1ab522080d213f/566b475ab4dd29fb?lnk=gst&q=categories+run+all#566b475ab4dd29fb

Do you have a bug filed for it? Looks like it's not fixed in
2.5.3.9345 as well

Every time I start nunit GUI with /exclude:Foo, a new "Foo" gets added
to the listbox under Categories tab.

So, if I had run GUI with /exclude option, next time I start a normal
run (without exclude), "Foo" tests are excluded, the workaround is to
manually remove categories from the listbox.

Regards,
Andrew

Charlie Poole

Feb 19, 2010, 7:59:34 AM2/19/10
to nunit-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andrew,

It appears that the poster never answered my followup question
and the issue dropped out of site and was never taken further.

I just ran some experiments and I see what you're talking about.

Categories selected from within the gui were intended to persist
from one run to another. Categories selected via the command line
should be temporary - for that run only - but they are persisted
also. The problem is that once the Gui is started, categories
selected from the command line are not remembered separately.

I'm not sure what's the best solution here but if you would file
a bug, that will ensure we get to it.

Charlie

Andrew Kazyrevich

Feb 19, 2010, 9:36:53 AM2/19/10
to nunit-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Charlie, how to file a bug?

Charlie Poole

Feb 19, 2010, 10:01:04 AM2/19/10
to nunit-...@googlegroups.com

Charlie

Feb 19, 2010, 12:41:13 PM2/19/10
to nunit-...@googlegroups.com
Got it!

Milan has also filed a competing bug, indicating that category
selections are not saved at all. I'm going to throw both bugs
into a barrel and let them fight it out. :-)

Seriously, it may be a difference from 2.5.2 to 2.5.3.

Charlie