Volume Looks like non-NTFS, cannot perform scanning?

bigma...@infonie.fr

May 8, 2009, 11:02:29 AM5/8/09
to NTFS Undelete Discussions
Volume Looks like non-NTFS, cannot perform scanning?

Hi,
I’m trying to save a copy of my hard disk before giving it to be
repaired with the guaranty..
I really want to save my files..
But, whatever I do, nothing seems to work?
I tried several ways; ntfsundelete, xxclone and even chkdsk.. But I
can’t even see in : “Documents and Settings”

Anyways with NTFS undelete it says : Volume Looks like non-NTFS,
cannot perform scanning?
But it is NTFS, with windows xp

I’d like to have a copy, since I have other problems and the guaranty
is ending at the end of the month.

Can you suggest a solution please?

Fedir Nepyivoda

May 8, 2009, 11:12:54 AM5/8/09
to NTFS Undelete Discussions
Hi,

it seems that data on the disk is severely damaged (NTFSUndelete can
work only with healthy volumes.)
You need to use some file recovery tool (like R-Studio) to recover
files from damaged volumes.

bigma...@infonie.fr

May 8, 2009, 12:43:10 PM5/8/09
to NTFS Undelete Discussions
Hi Fedir Nepyivoda
So, if you think my disk is out of order..
I’ll try looking for a recovery tool?

Thanks for the suggestion
By
> > Can you suggest a solution please?- Hide quoted text -

Message has been deleted