[nsbasic-ce] IP*Works Discount ?

1 view

michael_newett

Apr 17, 2007, 5:14:24 AM4/17/07
to nsbas...@yahoogroups.com

George I came across this on Devbuzz.com.

Is this True?

Thanks to John Cody for digging up this - this is amazing! IP*Works
for Windows CE is an $895 product. How about paying $99 for it or
$199? NSBasic has a special arrangement with the makers of IP*works
in which users of NSBasic are eligible to purchase the FULL version
of IP*Works ActiveX WinCE Edition for only $99! (that's $800 off the
list price) Even if a eVB programmers do not have NSBasic, the cost
to buy it ($99) plus the special IP*Works offer price is still only
$200 - well discounted from the $895 list price of IP*Works for WinCE
alone.

This is the link:

http://www.devbuzz.com/content/news_drm_archive.asp?
action=search&whichpage=16&pagesize=25

If it is I'm buying it!

Regards

Mike

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Finance

It's Now Personal

Guides, news,

advice & more.

New web site?

Drive traffic now.

Get your business

on Yahoo! search.

Yahoo! Groups

Start a group

in 3 easy steps.

Connect with others.

.

__,_._,___

George Henne

Apr 17, 2007, 5:24:10 AM4/17/07
to nsbas...@yahoogroups.com

It's true - but IP*Works no longer works with NS Basic. Sadly, they have
dropped support for the ActiveX versions of their controls. Send an
email to them asking to reactivate the controls!

>George I came across this on Devbuzz.com.
>
>Is this True?
>

>Thanks to John Cody for digging up this - this is amazing! IP*Works
>for Windows CE is an $895 product. How about paying $99 for it or
>$199? NSBasic has a special arrangement with the makers of IP*works
>in which users of NSBasic are eligible to purchase the FULL version
>of IP*Works ActiveX WinCE Edition for only $99! (that's $800 off the
>list price) Even if a eVB programmers do not have NSBasic, the cost
>to buy it ($99) plus the special IP*Works offer price is still only
>$200 - well discounted from the $895 list price of IP*Works for WinCE
>alone.
>
>This is the link:
>
>http://www.devbuzz.com/content/news_drm_archive.asp?
>action=search&whichpage=16&pagesize=25
>
>If it is I'm buying it!
>
>Regards
>
>Mike

Yahoo! Finance

It's Now Personal

Guides, news,

advice & more.

New business?

Get new customers.

List your web site

in Yahoo! Search.

Yahoo! Groups

Start a group

in 3 easy steps.

Connect with others.

.

__,_._,___

George Henne

Apr 17, 2007, 5:24:10 AM4/17/07
to nsbas...@yahoogroups.com

It's true - but IP*Works no longer works with NS Basic. Sadly, they have
dropped support for the ActiveX versions of their controls. Send an
email to them asking to reactivate the controls!

>George I came across this on Devbuzz.com.
>
>Is this True?
>

>Thanks to John Cody for digging up this - this is amazing! IP*Works
>for Windows CE is an $895 product. How about paying $99 for it or
>$199? NSBasic has a special arrangement with the makers of IP*works
>in which users of NSBasic are eligible to purchase the FULL version
>of IP*Works ActiveX WinCE Edition for only $99! (that's $800 off the
>list price) Even if a eVB programmers do not have NSBasic, the cost
>to buy it ($99) plus the special IP*Works offer price is still only
>$200 - well discounted from the $895 list price of IP*Works for WinCE
>alone.
>
>This is the link:
>
>http://www.devbuzz.com/content/news_drm_archive.asp?
>action=search&whichpage=16&pagesize=25
>
>If it is I'm buying it!
>
>Regards
>
>Mike

Yahoo! Finance

It's Now Personal

Guides, news,

advice & more.

New business?

Get new customers.

List your web site

in Yahoo! Search.

Yahoo! Groups

Start a group

in 3 easy steps.

Connect with others.

.

__,_._,___

michael_newett

Apr 17, 2007, 6:00:56 AM4/17/07
to nsbas...@yahoogroups.com

Thought it was too good to be true! They still have an active X
version advertised on their site. I assume that this is for desktops
only?

Do you know of any other third party TCP controls that can be used
with NSBASIC CE (and preferably NSBASIC Desktop also)?

Regards

Mike

Need traffic?

Drive customers

With search ads

on Yahoo!

Yahoo! Groups

Start a group

in 3 easy steps.

Connect with others.

.

George Henne

Apr 17, 2007, 6:18:25 AM4/17/07
to nsbas...@yahoogroups.com

There is Microsoft's MSCEWinsock, of course. NewObject's NetStreams
library should also work:
<http://newobjects.com/product.asp?ID=67>

There may be others as well.

George Henne