propagation loss model

skydo...@gmail.com

Sep 29, 2008, 9:44:10 PM9/29/08
to ns-3-users
Hi, all,

I am a new user to NS3 right now, and I am writing about the
propagation loss model used in NS3. I just found that, there may be
only logdistanceloss model and so-called jakes-propagation-loss-model
are provided.

So, how about the other models? Should I implement them by myself or
any other source code could be added?

btw:my version is NS-3.1

Thanks!

Regards,
Bin Ni

Tom Henderson

Sep 30, 2008, 2:27:35 AM9/30/08
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
skydo...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi, all,
>
> I am a new user to NS3 right now, and I am writing about the
> propagation loss model used in NS3. I just found that, there may be
> only logdistanceloss model and so-called jakes-propagation-loss-model
> are provided.
>
> So, how about the other models? Should I implement them by myself or
> any other source code could be added?

Please take a look at ns-3.2, where there are some additional models:
http://www.nsnam.org/doxygen/classns3_1_1_propagation_loss_model.html

- Tom

Mathieu Lacage

Oct 1, 2008, 8:19:42 AM10/1/08
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, 2008-09-29 at 18:44 -0700, skydo...@gmail.com wrote:

> So, how about the other models? Should I implement them by myself or

1) Yes, you can implement new propagation loss models. Just subclass the
ProgrationLossModel base class defined in
src/devices/wifi/propagation-loss-model.h

2) What propagation loss models are you looking for ?

Mathieu

Bin Ni

Oct 6, 2008, 10:47:33 AM10/6/08
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I may looking for Ricean and Raleigh model. My advisor asked to use this.

Thanks!

Regards,
Bin

Bin Ni

Oct 7, 2008, 2:51:04 AM10/7/08
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I found the  Ricean and Rayleigh fading from this website
http://www.ece.cmu.edu/wireless/downloads.html

However, it is for NS2.28 or NS2.30, is there any code available for the model in NS3.0?

Or how I can make this code working in NS3?

Thanks!

Regards,
Bin

Mathieu Lacage

Oct 7, 2008, 9:07:58 AM10/7/08
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, 2008-10-07 at 02:51 -0400, Bin Ni wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I found the Ricean and Rayleigh fading from this website
> http://www.ece.cmu.edu/wireless/downloads.html
>
> However, it is for NS2.28 or NS2.30, is there any code available for
> the model in NS3.0?

no

> Or how I can make this code working in NS3?

As I said previously: you just have to subclass from the
PropagationLossModel base class defined in
src/devices/wifi/propagation-loss-model.h

Mathieu

Raj Bhattacharjea

Oct 7, 2008, 11:04:00 AM10/7/08
to ns-3-users
On Oct 7, 2:51 am, "Bin Ni" <skydoor2...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I found the  *Ricean and Rayleigh fading from this website*http://www.ece.cmu.edu/wireless/downloads.html
>
> However, it is for NS2.28 or NS2.30, is there any code available for the
> model in NS3.0?
>
> Or how I can make this code working in NS3?

There is no such model in NS3, and there is no simple set of rules for
how to port models from ns2. You will basically have to read and
understand the logic of ns2 loss model, and reimplement that logic in
the right places in ns3. Namely, you will have to subclass
PropagationLossModel and implement the GetLoss method. You can see
the MobilityModel doxygen, and the implementation of this function in
the other subclasses for guidance.