Remote control by user with Novell Client

joost....@cbre.com

Jun 7, 2006, 8:35:23 AM6/7/06
Remote control via user is working fine for users logged into the tree
using Novell Client. For users with only the agent installed, remote
control via user does not work. Everything else behaves - remote control
via workstation object is fine, users get applications, etc etc.

Having run ConsoleOne in debug, the problem appears to be that the
zenwmLoggedInWorkstation attribute is not created on the user object. If I
add the workstation IP to the attribute manually, remote control via user
works as advertised...

Workstations are imported fine, and the zenwmLoggedInWorkstation attribute
on the user is updated.

It appears that zwsreg makes no attempt to modify the zendmwsNetworkAddress
property on the user object - is zwsreg responsable for this, or should it
happen somewhere else?

We're running zen / eDir on windows. The problem occurs in the same way
accross multiple sites, with multiple middle tier servers, and multiple
import servers...

Any ideas?

Joost

craig wilson

Jun 7, 2006, 9:09:24 AM6/7/06
I think this is working as designed (if you can call not working
that.......)

Since I am only about 50.1% sure of this,
Please let me check.

--
Craig Wilson
Novell Product Support Forum Sysop

craig wilson

Jun 7, 2006, 10:04:38 AM6/7/06
Looks like it "should:" work.
Please try this..............

"If the user has logged into the eDirectory through the Middle Tier, the
list of IP addresses contains the IP address of the Middle Tier. To
filter this address, in the
ConsoleOne_installation_directory\1.2\bin\drishtitype.ini file, add the
XTierServerAddresses property and specify the Middle Tier IP addresses.
For example, XTierServerAddresses = Middle_Tier_IP_address1,
Middle_Tier_IP_address2, ..."

It does not appear 100% to relate to your issue, but lets give this a
shot anyway.

Joost....@cbre.com

Jun 7, 2006, 10:51:57 AM6/7/06
Thanks - saw that one already.

The IP of the middle tier server does show up in the networkAddress
attribute (note - not zendmwsNetworkAddress), but the actual workstation IP
never makes it into either attribute...

The drishtitype.ini trick knocks the middle tier IP off of the list
ConsoleOne presents, which then results in ConsoleOne telling me that:
"1759: The selected user has not logged in any workstation"

craig wilson

Jun 7, 2006, 11:31:58 AM6/7/06
Thanks.

I figured as much, but I don't have a test environment with me handy
right now. I will forward you info on and hopefully setup some testing
later.

Joost....@cbre.com wrote:
> Thanks - saw that one already.
>
> The IP of the middle tier server does show up in the networkAddress
> attribute (note - not zendmwsNetworkAddress), but the actual workstation IP
> never makes it into either attribute...
>
> The drishtitype.ini trick knocks the middle tier IP off of the list
> ConsoleOne presents, which then results in ConsoleOne telling me that:
> "1759: The selected user has not logged in any workstation"

joost....@cbre.com

Jul 11, 2006, 9:31:00 AM7/11/06
Did one more test of my own - using the ZfD Agent gina, the relevant
attributes on the user object are written and remote control works.
However, we are not using the ZfD Agent gina, and we don't want to use it...

Has Anybody seen remote control via user with passthrough login? I'm
guessing that the bit of the agent that sits behind the windows gina and
captures the username / password doesn't do everything the ZfD gina does,
including updating the user object.

Joost

joost....@cbre.com

Jul 17, 2006, 7:19:13 AM7/17/06
By the way, the

ZEN 7 SP1 xtaddr.dll for Remote Mgmt - TID2974098

patch does not solve this problem...

Shaun Pond

Jul 17, 2006, 8:50:20 AM7/17/06
you applied that on top of SP1, did you?

--

Shaun Pond

joost....@cbre.com

Jul 28, 2006, 11:52:51 AM7/28/06
Yes. Tried it on 7 vanilla first, then 7SP1. No change :-(