Netstorage upload download blank page

Nick Hoare

Feb 4, 2005, 12:54:56 PM2/4/05
As there are a lot of false trails on this subject, causing me to waste
a fair bit of time I am posting my solution to this.

NW 6.5 after SP2.

It appears that SETTINGS.PROPERTIES (usually found in SYS:\tomcat\4
\webapps\NetStorage\WEB-INF\classes ) gets overwritten (by SP2) and if
your Netstorage is not using the default port,80, then upload/download
and other functions stop working even though Netstorage displays files
and folders OK (incidentally you could still download files by double-
clicking on them)

SETTINGS.PROPERTIES looks like this
ServerProtocol = http://
ServerPort = 80 'change this as required
ServerName = 10.0.0.1 'might set this to local IP if behind NAT?

The solution as described in TID10070833 describes the problem but the
solution detail appears incorrect for NW6.5 . In my case the port used
by the iFolder/Virtual Office instance of Apache could be found in
http.conf in the apache folder.

Another 'solution' I found in the forums was to modify xsrv.conf but I
found this change was not necessary to get things working (it did not
break anything either)

If any Volunteer Sysops read this, could they let Novell know that
better guidance as to which forums cover which product would be very
useful. E.g. Virtual offfice has a forum but is not listed in
http://support.novell.com/forums/ and its clear no-one knows where
Netstorage belongs despite the fact that the number of TIDs suggest it
should have a forum of its own.

I found postings regarding Netstorage in 4 forums all with the same
question and only one reply pointing to the above TID:-
novell.support.virtual-office
novell.support.internet.portal-services
novell.support.imanager
novell.support.ifolder

Nick Hoare

Kai Reichert

Feb 6, 2005, 1:42:40 AM2/6/05
Nick,
problem might be were it belongs. From the technical side we might need
to have an Xtier forum, but nobody will know that that means.
But i will bring that up in the backroom.

I wil also edit the TID to add what you found out to fix the issue on
6.5. Thx alot for that.

--
Regards, Kai Reichert
Novell Support Forums Sysop

Computers can never replace human stupidity.