802.1x Login Novell Client can not find tree or server

mase

Apr 25, 2007, 5:58:15 AM4/25/07

Hi

I have a strange problem with 802.1x authentication.

We have laptops (Windows XP SP2) with Novell Client 4.91SP3 and Cisco
Secure
Service Client installed.

When I boot up the client and login there are no problem. When logoff
and
loggin again there is no problem, but when we reboot (warm boot) the PC
and
try to logging we get "Selected tree or server could not be found". If
we
tried again it will say the same thing, but on the 2nd or 3rd attempt
it
often works.

Works 2nd attempt
Your current context is EMA
LOGIN-LGNWNT32.DLL-870: An unknown error was returned during LOGIN's
attempt
to attach.
Error code: 8884.
Your current context is EMA-CONTEX
User: radtest Context: EMA-CONTEX
Your current tree is: EMA
You are attached to server FS1-NET.
Good morning, radtest, and welcome!

Works 3rd attempt
LOGIN-LGNWNT32.DLL-115: The selected tree (10.10.10.10) cannot be
found.
Error code: 89fc.
Your current context is EMA
User: radtest Context: EMA-CONTEX
LOGIN-LGNWNT32.DLL-870: An unknown error was returned during LOGIN's
attempt
to attach.
Error code: 8884.
Your current context is EMA-CONTEX
User: radtest Context: EMA-CONTEX
Your current tree is: EMA
You are attached to server FS1-NET.
Good morning, radtest, and welcome!

We have found this information when troubleshooting.

- When the computer is restarted and the logon request is started,
the
radius authenticates within 4 seconds, but in about 20-30 seconds the
error
message i displayed saying that "Selected tree or server could not be
found".

- As we can see the client PC gets an IPaddress from the DHCP
server.

What to do?

/Matts

--
mase

Jim Michael

Apr 25, 2007, 11:00:47 AM4/25/07
mase wrote:

> What to do?

Sounds like you might have an SLP issue. In situation such as 802.1x
authentication you typically can't rely on the client successfully
multicasting for its SLP info so you statically configure a DA and scope
in the client properties.

Do you have any DA IP and scope defined in Novell Client Properties |
Service Location?

--
Jim
Support Sysop