Re: Novell Client for Linux and openSuse 64bit

Joseph Marton

Jan 11, 2007, 11:43:30 AM1/11/07
On Wed, 10 Jan 2007 06:10:49 +0000, temp1 wrote:

> Does anyone know what the timeline may be on a beta NCL that will work
> w/64-bit openSuse 10.2?

I was a bit confused on my last post. The beta will only be for SLED 10
SP1, but once the new client goes public there will also be a separate
build for openSUSE 10.2. The new client should cover both 32- and 64-bit
versions of both OSes.

--
Joe Marton
Novell Support Forum SysOp

te...@blepsias.net

Jan 10, 2007, 1:10:49 AM1/10/07
Does anyone know what the timeline may be on a beta NCL that will work
w/64-bit openSuse 10.2?

I've tried the current versions w/the patches that Loki posted on the web
and have not met w/success.

Thanks.

Glenn

PS.Perhaps their new business partner in Redmond has persuaded Novell to
drop support of NCL?

John Yorke

Jan 10, 2007, 3:11:16 AM1/10/07
64-bit Vista client will come first. Not sure how long afterwards the NCL
can be expected.

Hopefully in the future NCL will be more integrated with the regular
log-in process. I can type DOMAIN/user and log into a Windows domain
seemlessly but for whatever reason NCL installs as much more of an
afterthought. The LUM log-in works great but LUM and NCL don't talk to
each other.

Joseph Marton

Jan 10, 2007, 3:00:04 PM1/10/07
On Wed, 10 Jan 2007 06:10:49 +0000, temp1 wrote:

> Does anyone know what the timeline may be on a beta NCL that will work
> w/64-bit openSuse 10.2?

There will be a beta client sometime early this year. It will mainly
focus on 32- and 64-bit SLED10SP1, but it may also work with openSUSE
10.2. Your best bet is to go to beta.novell.com and apply to be a beta
tester of "Novell Client for SLED 10 SP1."

Barts

Mar 1, 2007, 4:42:27 AM3/1/07

Any new timeline known yet ?????

Mark Robinson

Mar 2, 2007, 10:35:56 AM3/2/07

Nothing yet. I had a look yesterday, and no joy so far. Sorry.

--
Mark Robinson
Novell Volunteer SysOp