Domino Error -4043

Stanley Tan

May 9, 2005, 5:03:10 AM5/9/05
I have installed a Lotus Driver on Windows 2000. I have verified all the
necessary steps that need to be done for Lotus Driver. However,
yet...still caught in the errors shown:

DirXML: [05/05/05 12:47:50.23]: TRACE: IDTREE_TO_DOMINO:
NotesPublicationShimConfigData: ndsrep configuration DB template:
dsrepcfg.ntf found on server: CN=cmd_hrd5/O=SWAKHRD
DirXML: [05/05/05 12:47:50.25]: TRACE: IDTREE_TO_DOMINO:
NotesPublicationShimConfigData: Attempting to open ndsrep configuration
DB template: dsrepcfg.ntf on server: CN=cmd_hrd5/O=SWAKHRD
DirXML: [05/05/05 12:47:54.78]: TRACE: IDTREE_TO_DOMINO:
NotesPublicationShimConfigData: Error opening dsrepcfg.nsf on server:
CN=cmd_hrd5/O=SWAKHRD. ID = 4043. Message: Database open failed (
DirXML: [05/05/05 12:47:54.78]: TRACE: IDTREE_TO_DOMINO:
NotesDriverShim publisher Channel: ndsrep configuration cannot be found
or created: ndsrep may not be loadable from the Domino server
DirXML: [05/05/05 12:47:54.78]: TRACE: IDTREE_TO_DOMINO:
NotesDriverShim publisher Channel: Initializing database ndsrep.nsf
DirXML: [05/05/05 12:47:54.82]: TRACE: Remote Loader:
SubscriptionShim.execute() returned:
DirXML: [05/05/05 12:47:54.82]: TRACE: <nds dtdversion="2.0"
ndsversion="8.x">
<source>

Here's the step that I have performed to set it up :
1. Collecting configuration information
2. Put in the environment path for Lotus Domino that has been set as
D:\Lotus\Domino for the environment. And, reboot the system
3. Copy the Notes.jar to C:\Novell\RemoteLoader\Lib
4. Copy the dsrepcfg.ntf to D:\Lotus\Domino\Data folder
5. Copy the ndsrep.exe to D:\Lotus\Domino folder
6. Create a user called DirXML and grant the user the manager access
right for the names.nsf and certlog.nsf
7. Check and verify and ensure DirXML user can create user

In addition, I have specifically manually placed a dsrepcfg.nsf and load
up the ndsrep in Domino console succesffuly. After load the ndsrep in
Console, it also has managed to generate a ndsrep.nsf. I have then
restart the driver. However, the same error still hit... This indicates
to me the NotesDriver.jar may not has successfully contact the ndsrep at
all. Anyone has any idea how to solve this?

s...@qualitynet.dk

May 9, 2005, 9:39:47 AM5/9/05

I have seen this som times as well.

The notes driver is not easy there is somthing that is inportant.

1. In Notes have you signed the file ?
2. stop the driver and run ndsrep.exe in a prompt. ( this has helped me
some times..)

Perry Nuffer

May 9, 2005, 11:18:10 AM5/9/05
This is the standard answer from my FAQ:

4043 is usually associated with a complete inability to find or open the
database. The error is normally a result of the file not existing, or the
user not having access to the file. The Notes driver accesses some files
(dsrepcfg.ntf, dsrepcfg.nsf, ndsrep.nsf, etc) via the Domino Server, so if
the Domino Server and its data files are not configured correctly (TCP/IP,
proper user authentication, database signing, etc), then this error can
occur.

The problem sometimes can be resolved by finding the answers to the
following questions (many of which you seem to have already verified).

1. Which notes.ini is found first in the OS search path? It should be a
notes.ini equivalent to that of the Domino server (which references
\Lotus\domino\data), and not a notes client (which references
\Lotus\notes\data).
2. Does pub-configuration database (dsrepcfg.nsf and/or its template
dsrepcfg.ntf) exist in the appropriate (\lotus\domino\data on Win32, or
/local/notesdata on Linux or Solaris) location?
3. Does the Notes driver’s user account (CN=Notes DirXML/O=MyOrg) user have
appropriate rights to access the file?
4. Does the Notes driver’s user account of the OS have appropriate rights to
access, read, and write to the file?
5. If running on Windows, is the Domino server running as a service? Does
the Windows OS have the NOTESNTSERVICE=1 environment variable appropriately
set? ( see TID: 10075627 @
http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10075627.htm).
6. Are the network settings (TCPIP) properly configured on the Domino
server?
For example, it is possible to see this 4043 file access problem on a system
where the Domino server has improperly configured DNS names for its TCPIP
connection values, and where no DNS is available within the Domino server's
sub-network and thus the Domino server is not be able to appropriately
'communicate' to its clients.
7. Can the file in question be access from a Notes client via the server,
authenticated as the DirXML Notes driver user (DIRXML.ID)?
This means opening the database using the server name selection box from a
client; this verifies that the file server can access and open the user in
your behalf. Opening the database using the 'local' option in the file open
selection box, does not count! This latter method has the Notes client
opening the database directly, but it is necessary to verify that the server
can open the database.
8. Do any of the following TIDs offer help?
see TID: 10095131 @
http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10095131.htm
see TID: 10092978 @
http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10092978.htm
see TID: 10087634 @
http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10087634.htm
see TID: 10086321 @
http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10086321.htm
see TID: 10084097 @
http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10084097.htm
see TID: 10075627 @
http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10075627.htm

--PERRY

>>> Stanley Tan<stanle...@yahoo.com> 5/9/2005 8:29:02 AM >>>
s...@qualitynet.dk wrote:
Yeah..I did signed the file. Yet still the same error. I just couldn't
figure out what actually cause this.

Stanley Tan

May 9, 2005, 10:29:02 AM5/9/05
s...@qualitynet.dk wrote:
Yeah..I did signed the file. Yet still the same error. I just couldn't
figure out what actually cause this.

Stanley Tan

May 10, 2005, 12:17:28 AM5/10/05
Thank you. Perry.. That really helps. Manage to get it done, just need
to put in the relevant domain name and DNS settings for the server. BTW,
can I suggest one thing? It would be great to provide the answer you
provided in here as one of the TID for Notes. It will definitely helps
us to troubleshoot.