Grupy dyskusyjne Google nie obsługują już nowych postów ani subskrypcji z Usenetu. Treści historyczne nadal będą dostępne.

Login Window

0 wyświetleń

james...@azdema.gov

nieprzeczytany,
4 kwi 2006, 13:05:304.04.2006
do
I'm facing a brand new issue w/Dell Optiplex GX520 and client (either
4.91 SP1 or SP2).

Client seems to install completely but not presented with the Netware
GINA/login upon reboot; only the Windows login. After bypassing that, a
very limited Netware login window is presented. Don't know the issue and
I don't remember where selecting a login window in Windows is
configured. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Hamish Speirs

nieprzeczytany,
4 kwi 2006, 13:42:114.04.2006
do
James,

Check the following registry settings:

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\GinaDll is set
to NWGina.dll

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\AutoAdminLogon
is set to 0 or doesn't exist.

HKLM\Software\Novell\Login\AutoAdminLogon is set to 0 or doesn't exist.

--
Hamish Speirs
Novell Support Forums Volunteer Sysop.

http://haitch.net

(Please, no email unless requested. Unsolicited support emails will
probably be ignored)

james...@azdema.gov

nieprzeczytany,
4 kwi 2006, 14:15:424.04.2006
do

None of the settings exist; not even the first one. The GinaDll setting
is not there. All my models of GX520 are behaving this way; others are
not. Though they all share the same NIC/driver version.

Hamish Speirs

nieprzeczytany,
4 kwi 2006, 14:41:484.04.2006
do
James,

> None of the settings exist; not even the first one. The GinaDll setting
> is not there. All my models of GX520 are behaving this way; others are
> not. Though they all share the same NIC/driver version.

The GinaDll setting is the one that MUST be there to get the Novell
login. If it doesn't exist - create it.

james...@azdema.gov

nieprzeczytany,
4 kwi 2006, 15:40:324.04.2006
do

There's a TID (10097985) that describes the lack of support by ZfD for
the chipset in this model of Dell. Could this play in to the client
issued based on ZEN policies, etc.?

Hamish Speirs

nieprzeczytany,
4 kwi 2006, 15:44:504.04.2006
do
James,

> There's a TID (10097985) that describes the lack of support by ZfD for
> the chipset in this model of Dell. Could this play in to the client
> issued based on ZEN policies, etc.?

That TID will apply if you're having problems doing imaging, but your
problem is not an imagining one - its the absence of a vital registry
key thats causing you problems.

Nowe wiadomości: 0