Missing volume object in NRM

Adrie de Regt

Apr 2, 2006, 12:16:55 AM4/2/06
Server runs 6.5 SP5. I had to reorganise the disks. That's been done without
problems. But since then, in NRM, -Manage server, Partition Disks, The SYS
volume has been gone. Already done alt-F8 in NSSMU (after which I had to
re-instate the home-drive in the user-objects and also had to fix the
Broker-object) without result, ran DSRepair without result.

Any suggstions?

Regards,

Adrie de Regt
Netherlands

Massimo Rosen

Apr 2, 2006, 4:21:16 AM4/2/06

Adrie de Regt wrote:

> Server runs 6.5 SP5. I had to reorganise the disks. That's been done without
> problems. But since then, in NRM, -Manage server, Partition Disks, The SYS
> volume has been gone. Already done alt-F8 in NSSMU (after which I had to
> re-instate the home-drive in the user-objects and also had to fix the
> Broker-object) without result, ran DSRepair without result.

NRM doesn'tcare about the eDir objects, so that ALT-F8 in NSSMU was
quite unnecessary.

For that issue of the missing volume in NRM: Take a backup. Now. NRM
does actually look at the physical disks, and if it no longer sees your
volume, there's a chance that it's indeed gone from the disk structure,
and will be completely AWOL after the next reboot.

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Novell Product Support Forum Sysop

Adrie de Regt

Apr 2, 2006, 4:56:57 AM4/2/06

"Massimo Rosen" <mros...@spamcfc-it.de> wrote in message
> Hi,

> For that issue of the missing volume in NRM: Take a backup. Now. NRM
> does actually look at the physical disks, and if it no longer sees your
> volume, there's a chance that it's indeed gone from the disk structure,
> and will be completely AWOL after the next reboot.

Massimo,

Volumes is still there, also after a reboot. In NRM, Manage Server, Volumes
, all volumes are there. But SYS just does not show up whwn clicking
Partition Disks in NRM.
In NSSMU everything is present, server works fine.

Why would SYS not show up in Partition Disks?

Regards,

Adrie de Regt

Massimo Rosen

Apr 2, 2006, 5:25:37 AM4/2/06
Adrie,

Adrie de Regt wrote:

> Why would SYS not show up in Partition Disks?

I've just found your other post, I guess that's the same server? In that
case, you're hit by a NRM bug when mirroring is involved.

Dave Parkes

Apr 2, 2006, 6:45:31 AM4/2/06
Same server as far as I can see from the two threads.

Cheers Dave

--

Dave Parkes [NSCS]
Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/

Adrie de Regt

Apr 2, 2006, 9:41:36 AM4/2/06

> Adrie,
>
> Adrie de Regt wrote:
>>
>> Why would SYS not show up in Partition Disks?
>
> I've just found your other post, I guess that's the same server? In that
> case, you're hit by a NRM bug when mirroring is involved.

Massimo,

It is not the same server, but in both cases, mirrorring is used.

Can you tell me some more about this bug? TID?

Regards,

Adrie de Regt