All but one printer has disappeared from NDPS Manager

1 view

Mike M

Dec 6, 2005, 10:12:15 AM12/6/05
Server: NW 6.5sp3/OES, iPrint client 4.11, NDPM version 3.01.15 May 19,2005

iPrint server running fine for a long while. Brought down to add disk
storage, nothing reconfigured, just added. Upon reboot, every printer in
the NDPS manager screen is gone save for one...the first one that I added.
Server OS was working fine up until this point. How can adding disks to a
server cause this to happen?

When accessing any of the now-vanished iPrint Printers via iManager, the
error that is displayed is:
Exception reading printer control
NDPS Library Error: C0012h

Thanks,
Mike

iprintrox

Dec 7, 2005, 11:30:24 AM12/7/05
What kind of files are in the ########.PSM directory that is assigned to
this Print Manager. Sounds like you might have had corruption and the
manager attempted to fix it by restoring a backup copy of the database...

>>> On 12/6/2005 at 8:12:15 am, in message
<jThlf.3164$ME...@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com>, Mike M<nos...@nodomain.com>

Mike M

Dec 7, 2005, 1:05:22 PM12/7/05
The entry below was found in the NDPSMON.LOG file in the
\SYS\NDPS\XXXXXX.PSM directory.

12-06-05 2:16:24 pm, Operation: Bind to Printer Agent,
Selection Error: Unknown Object Identification (no such object) ,
&nbsp;
User Name: USER.CONTEXT, &nbsp;
Address: 1.2.3.4, &nbsp;
Object Name: Printer-44-Xerox8550

There's tons of these entries for the printers that were joined to this
manager, occurring every 10 seconds or so.

The PADBTXT1.CSV Lists all the printers properly.
However, the most recent PADBTXT.CSV only lists one printer.
Both of these files are in the same xxxxx.PSM directory.

"iprintrox" <ipri...@iprint.novell.com> wrote in message

Peter vdW

Dec 7, 2005, 1:17:08 PM12/7/05
Hi Mike,

First of all, make sure the good CSV's are saved to another location to
prevent them from being overwritten.
Here's some TIDs that explain how to recover from a corrupt NDPSM database.

http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?10092230.htm
http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?10021631.htm
http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?10060060.htm
http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?10068138.htm

--
Peter vd Woude
---------

iprintrox

Dec 7, 2005, 4:11:25 PM12/7/05
This will help you recover, however my concern is what made it bad to begin
with??? Could you (would you mind) sending a zipped up copy of your PSM
directory and contents (sub directories included) to prob...@novell.com.
She can get it to the iprint folks...

>>> On 12/7/2005 at 11:17:08 am, in message
<EGFlf.4602$ME5....@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com>, Peter

Mike M

Dec 9, 2005, 11:45:55 AM12/9/05
The db was recovered quite easily by just restoring one of the older db file
sets. It's working fine now. Thanks for those TID's, they're good as gold!

IprintRox, The email has been sent.

Thanks!
Mike

"iprintrox" <ipri...@iprint.novell.com> wrote in message

ipri...@iprint.novell.com

Dec 9, 2005, 12:11:16 PM12/9/05
Got the database, thanks. Ran this against newest NDPSM, worked fine...

The PSM that shipped with the latest SP for NW 6.0 is not as robust as
the newer ones shipping in later support packs for NW 6.5. Your
database did have corruption that the newer NDPSM.NLM was able to detect
and fix.. I have made sure that this latest one that fixed your issue
will ship in the OES SP2 release. Hope this helps with the confidence
of the iPrint Product. iPrint really does rock!!

Mike M

Dec 9, 2005, 3:19:01 PM12/9/05
Wow! thanks for the FAST response!! Once again proving this is the best
place on the internet for tech support!

Your help is greatly appreciated!!!

Thank you!
Mike