iPrint plugin problem

Dan

Dec 4, 2006, 2:40:41 PM12/4/06
iPrint 2.6
Netware 6.5.5

Whenever I try to access any information with the iPrint plugin I get this
error message:

Could not find native libraries for com.novell.service.ndps.eMFrameStartup

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks.

Dan

Dec 4, 2006, 3:36:47 PM12/4/06
Sorry, sent the email too soon.

I am also getting the message on the roles and tasks screen as to why the
iPrint plugin is not available:

No pages run in the current environment or support the current device.

"Dan" <d...@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Yes,
>
> iPrint in iManager was working fine until we applied Service Pack 5 to
> Netware. After applying the service pack iManager would not show any
> information in the area of the browser that shows roles and tasks. I then
> reinstalled iManager 2.6 and it corrected the problem with the roles and
> tasks not showing up. I just cannot seem to get the iPrint plugin to work
> correctly.
>
> I am using iPrint plugin 2.2.0
>
> I am also getting the message on the roles and tasks screen as to why the
> iPrint plugin is not available:
>

> "Marcel Cox" <cim...@myrealbox.com> wrote in message
>> Do you have iPrint installed on the server running iManager?
>>
>> --
>> Marcel Cox (using XanaNews 1.18.1.3)

Marcel Cox

Dec 4, 2006, 2:56:00 PM12/4/06

Dan

Marcel Cox

Dec 4, 2006, 3:52:48 PM12/4/06
Dan wrote:

>I am using iPrint plugin 2.2.0

That's not possible. The newest plugin version is 2.1.0.20061012
Could youplease recheck your iPrint plugin. Also, make sure it's the
iPrint for NetWare plugin and no the iPrint for Linux plugin.

BTW in case of doubt on the version, use the latest version available here:

http://download.novell.com/SummaryFree.jsp?buildid=3fd57Hgi6_Y~

Marcel Cox

Dec 5, 2006, 8:57:56 AM12/5/06
I wonder if somehow your iManager configuration is still upset.
Did you install iManager 2.6 over your existing configuration or did you
uninstall your previous iManager first.
Given your previous iManager had problems, maybe iManager 2.6 inherited
some of the problems.

I suggest you try the following TID for removing and reinstalling
iManager. The TID talks about iManager 2.5, but should be valid for 2.6 as
well:

http://www.novell.com/support/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&sliceId=SAL_Public&externalId=3358965

--
Marcel Cox
http://support.novell.com/forums

Dan

Dec 5, 2006, 8:07:06 AM12/5/06
Under RBS Configuration it displays as 2.2.0. Under Installed Novell
Plug-In Modules it displays 2.1.0.20061012. Sorry for the confusion.

"Marcel Cox" <cim...@myrealbox.com> wrote in message

Dan

Dec 5, 2006, 3:42:54 PM12/5/06
I followed the steps in the link to completely uninstall and reinstall
iManager and I still having the same problems.

On the initial page I have this message:
"Some of the roles and tasks are not available"

When I click on "view details" there is this message:

"No pages run in the current environment or support the current device."

When I try to access the broker screen I get this message:

"Could not find native libraries for com.novell.service.ndps.eMFrameStartup"

"Marcel Cox" <cim...@myrealbox.com> wrote in message

Marcel Cox

Dec 6, 2006, 2:06:39 AM12/6/06
Dan wrote:

>When I try to access the broker screen I get this message:
>"Could not find native libraries for
>com.novell.service.ndps.eMFrameStartup"

I don't understand. Normally, you would only get this error if you are
running the iPrint plugins from a server on which iPrint itself is not
installed. So can you please one again confirm that iPrint is really
installed on this server? I doesn't need to be running on the server, but
it needs to be installed because some of the iPrint library NLMs are used
by iManager to communicate with iPrint.

Marcel Cox

Dec 6, 2006, 8:38:11 AM12/6/06
Dan wrote:

>Is there another way to verify if iPrint is installed?

See if you can load BROKEWR.NLM and NDPSM.NLM

>Also, is this the version I should be running?

The one that comes with your NetWare version.

Dan

Dec 6, 2006, 8:20:33 AM12/6/06
That sounds like the problem to me also. The only way I know to check if it
is installed is to use the X console and look at the installed programs
list. It says iPrint 4.0.5 is installed.

Is there another way to verify if iPrint is installed?

Also, is this the version I should be running?

"Marcel Cox" <cim...@myrealbox.com> wrote in message

Dan

Dec 6, 2006, 10:42:41 AM12/6/06
Did you mean BROKER.NLM?

If that is the case both are already loaded. We use NDPS for printing. We
use the iPrint plugin to manage the printers. I am trying to add a new
printer.

"Marcel Cox" <cim...@myrealbox.com> wrote in message

Dan

Dec 6, 2006, 3:36:31 PM12/6/06
Thanks for your help. I will do that.

> Dan wrote:
>
>>Did you mean BROKER.NLM?
>
> Yes, sorry for the typo.
>
> Well, hoenstly, I don't know where else to look. Maybe you should post in
> the iprint forum and hope that one of the ipritn engineers that often
> visit that forum knows how tofix your issue.
>
> --
> Marcel Cox (using XanaNews 1.18.1.6)

Marcel Cox

Dec 6, 2006, 3:14:58 PM12/6/06
Dan wrote:

>Did you mean BROKER.NLM?

Yes, sorry for the typo.

Well, hoenstly, I don't know where else to look. Maybe you should post in
the iprint forum and hope that one of the ipritn engineers that often
visit that forum knows how tofix your issue.

--
Marcel Cox (using XanaNews 1.18.1.6)

Dan

Jan 2, 2007, 4:41:20 PM1/2/07
Just to update the thread, I resorted to a server reboot and it has fixed
the problem.