Error: Path not found [8209] (gw6.5.1 to gw7.0.1)

Craig Franke

Jul 22, 2006, 7:43:11 PM7/22/06
A wonderful error yes?

Server is running NW6.5SP5 /w various post sp5 patches.

Upgraded from GW 6.5.1 to GW 7.0.1 following Danita's guide (guide was
for 7.0, but I overlayed SP1 on top of the SDD I made by hand).

Now if someone with the 7.0.1 client logins in I get the following:

xx:xx:00 AC7 C/S Login Windows Net Id=<fqdn> ::GW Id=<client> ::
<Client IP>
xx:xx:03 AC7 Error: Path not found [8209] User: <client>
xx:xx:03 AC7 Error: Path not found [8209] User: <client>
xx:xx:06 AC7 *** NEW PHYS. CONNECTION, Tbl Entry=2, Socket=269
xx:xx:06 AC7 *** NEW APP CONNECTION, Tbl Entry=2, Check ID=1153587060
xx:xx:06 AC7 C/S Login Windows Net Id=<fqdn> ::GW Id=<client> ::
<Client IP>
xx:xx:07 AC7 Error: Path not found [8209] User: <client>
xx:xx:07 AC7 Error: Path not found [8209] User: <client>

I've tried updating the ofviews of my client, as well as updating the
ofviews of the POA (I even went and pulled them fresh from the ISOs
again, making sure to put SP1 versions over the original 7.0 files)
without luck. Server has also been bounced to clear anything out that
might have been floating in memory.

I don't think it is a problem with the client though. I logged in with
my GW7.0.1 client to the test system that I followed the same upgrade
with and didn't have any problems (no 8209 errors)?

6.x clients and 7.0.1 webaccess are fine, even the 7.0.1 client is OK as
far as I can tell aside from the error messages? Rest of the system is
handling 7.0.1 just fine.

Any thoughts on this or am I going to need to burn a call?.. I'll reply
back on Monday if there are any questions.

Thanks,

Craig

Craig Franke

Jul 22, 2006, 7:50:50 PM7/22/06
Additional note, Linux gw client 7.0.1 on Suse 10.1 gives me the 8209
errors as well. Not sure about 7.0 version of the client and how it
responds.

Craig Franke

Jul 24, 2006, 12:10:47 PM7/24/06
Burned a call to Novell to fix it. Turned out that I needed to empty
out my OFVIEWS directory under the PO and redo it from scratch. That
got rid of the errors.

Dennis St. James

Jul 24, 2006, 12:56:49 PM7/24/06
Did you copy the ones from the SDD\client\win32\ofviews\win to your PO\ofviews\win?

I noticed this error as well and all of the files in ofviews are dated from around 1998.

Dennis St. James
Dstj...@lionel.com
Network Administrator
Lionel L.L.C.

Craig Franke

Jul 24, 2006, 2:20:46 PM7/24/06
I had 1700+ files in my win directory before getting it fixed. Supposed
to only have 1,511 files (exact number). I renamed PO\ofviews\win and
then copied the win folder from the SDD (like your paths below
basically) then bounced the POA (in the middle of the day without my
users noticing it). After that no more 8209 errors on either Linux or
Windows.

Dennis St. James wrote:
> Did you copy the ones from the SDD\client\win32\ofviews\win to your
> PO\ofviews\win?
>
> I noticed this error as well and all of the files in ofviews are dated
> from around 1998.
>

> Dennis St. James

> Dstj...@lionel.com <mailto:Dstj...@lionel.com>
> Network Administrator