Re: How to change GWIA settings

Michael Bell

Apr 12, 2007, 6:46:40 PM4/12/07
Correct. As of 7.0.1, you normally use C1 and it modifies the WPDOMAIN.
GWIA.CFG becomes a small stub, basically containing /home and maybe a couple
of othes.

Now, if yourdesperate, you CAN still add switches to gwia.cfg. They will
take precedence over C1/WPDOMAIN.
<tfi...@choicesolutions.ca> wrote in message
> I've recently installed a fresh NW 6.5.6 and GW 7.0.1 environment, things
> seem to be running smoothly "knock on wood", but when I try to make
> changes
> to the GWIA settings in C1 they don't take.
>
> I've read through the GWIA.cfg file and noticed that settings are now held
> in the wpdomain.db file. Now the explanation they gave was a little
> confusing, but as I understand it I am supposed to be making changes using
> C1, correct?
>
> I'm using C1 1.3.6f
>
> Thanks,
>
> Troy

tfi...@choicesolutions.ca

Apr 12, 2007, 5:39:49 PM4/12/07

tfi...@choicesolutions.ca

Apr 12, 2007, 10:09:22 PM4/12/07
Thanks for the confirmation Michael, any thoughts or known problems with
why changes made in C1 aren't taken on by the GWIA?

Troy

Michael Bell

Apr 12, 2007, 11:24:14 PM4/12/07
Well no. Other than it implies there might be a communication problem
between the GWIA and the MTA. Even a restart of GWIA doesn't do it?
<tfi...@choicesolutions.ca> wrote in message

Danita Zanre

Apr 13, 2007, 9:48:04 AM4/13/07
Michael Bell:

>Now, if yourdesperate,

I must live in a state of desperation :) - I still can't get used to this change and keep all of my switches in the gwia.cfg - someday I'll switch it over I guess!

--
Danita

Michael Bell

Apr 13, 2007, 1:47:01 PM4/13/07
Well, I am old school too my darlin'. I tend to make the changes in gwia.cfg
too.

But really there is no reason to do this any more than with the POA.

"Danita Zanre" <Dan...@No-spam-caledonia.net> wrote in message

Troy Fisher

Apr 13, 2007, 3:56:39 PM4/13/07
I usually shut down the GWIA after making changes, but they are not taking
hold . I checked in the MTA for errors, but the agent is seen as open and
is being accessed from the correct directory.

I'm not adverse to changing the GWIA.CFG, but when I read the blurb on how
the settings were now held in wpdomain.db it wasn't clear to me if the
GWIA.CFG was even going to be read again.

I just installed the same setup at a clients, I'm going to see if changes
in C1 are reflected in the GWIA or if it's just a problem with my setup.

Thanks again,

Troy

Michael Bell

Apr 14, 2007, 2:30:02 AM4/14/07
gwia.cfg still gets precedence. Think of the situation post 7.0.1 as just
like the other agents - you normally set POA settings in C1, but editing the
startup file always "wins" (but is less maintainable)

"Troy Fisher" <tfi...@choicesolutions.ca> wrote in message