Address book issues

cdeg...@nycgaming.net

Mar 21, 2006, 12:18:44 PM3/21/06
I've finally gotten GW 7 installed and working properly in a windows
enviroment. The only thing that doesnt work however is the address book
feature. Names don't automatically populate in the To: Field when in the
client as well as when I access the address book there are no names listed.
When access certain areas I get the error: "Your windows messaging system
(WMS) profile does not contain a version of the Novell Personal or System
address book service provider that supports address selection. The address
selection page cannot be run."

Any ideas on this message? Would this be something installed/configured on
server side? Or is this something missing from my client install.
FYI...Servers are running eDirectory & GW 7 Server are windows 2003.
Clients are Windows XP running client 4.91 SP2.

Connie W

Mar 21, 2006, 12:57:35 PM3/21/06
It's Windows Messaging. Uninstall the GW client and uninstall Microsoft
Windows Messaging on that client, then re-install your GW Client. It should
install the correct WMS for the GroupWise client.

Connie W
<cdeg...@nycgaming.net> wrote in message

cdeg...@nycgaming.net

Mar 22, 2006, 12:40:04 AM3/22/06
I uninstalled Windows messaging, reinstalled GW Client. Still having the
same issue. Ill try and make sure the WMS has been completely removed and
try again.

Uwe Buckesfeld

Mar 23, 2006, 12:48:45 AM3/23/06
On 03/22/2006 cdeg...@nycgaming.net wrote:
> I uninstalled Windows messaging, reinstalled GW Client. Still having
> the
> same issue. Ill try and make sure the WMS has been completely
> removed and
> try again.

If it doesn't help, see if you can add the services manually. In the address book,
services, add... or through the control panel, mail....

Uwe

--
Novell Support Connection Volunteer SysOp
Please don't send me support related e-mail unless I ask you to do so.