I need to release...

anon

Aug 4, 2004, 2:26:53 PM8/4/04
I know many people here are friends, or at least seem more familiar with each other than not, and I am not a big contributor (with a name like Anon should I complain?) but I need to release some tension...so here it goes...

life sucks right now, and there's nothing I can do about it. Being an admin and in control of many mission critical systems makes you feel like you can control anything, but you can't, we all know this, and not being in control of my life right now stinks!

<attempt to make my life funny right now>
  1. I wish I had a link for iManager of the "LUIS" [ROOT] server!!
  2. <>Not to mention the fact that I abend a few times a day and need to reboot outside which can take for ever for me to restore to a functonal state!(TOSBS 'traditional over stressed brain system'!) and all the abend.log tells me is..

    Server LUIS halted Wednesday, August 4, 2004    8:46:03. 513 am
    Abend 1 on P00: Server - 26.7.04 Page fault Brain Exception (Error code 00000000)

    CS = 0008 DS = 0010 ES = 0010 FS = 0010 GS = 0010 SS = 0010
        EAX = 00000000 EBX = 00000000 ECX = 00000000 EDX = 00000000
        ESI = 00000000 EDI = 85F22C60 EBP = 8C0D50C0 ESP = C8857650
        EIP = 8B2CEED0 FLAGS = 00010292
        8B2CEED0 8B7320         MOV     ESI,[EBX+20]=?
        EIP in WORK.NLM at code start +008800DOH!
        Access Location: 0x0000DESK

    The violation occurred while processing the following instruction:
    8B2CEED0 8B7320         MOV    TO USERS DESK,[EBX+20]
    8B2CEED3 E80498FFFF     CALL    WORK.NLM|xprtsock_unregister
    8B2CEED8 83C404         ADD     ANNOYED FEELING,00000004
    8B2CEEDB 8B15C4162E8B   MOV     DOOR IN USERS FACE,[8B2E16C4]=00000331
    8B2CEEE1 52             PUSH    EDX
    8B2CEEE2 E871040000     CALL    BOSS.NLM|8B2CF358_pleasedontfre
    8B2CEEE7 83C404         ADD     CRYING.NLM,00000004|maketearsthick
    8B2CEEEA 8B4B3A         MOV     BACK TO DESK,[EBX+3A]
    8B2CEEED 51             PUSH    HEAD INTO DESK,ECX
    8B2CEEEE 89C7           MOV     AWAY FROM HERE...EDI,EAX

    Running process: Patience Command Process
    Thread Owned by NLM: WORK.NLM
    Stack pointer: C8857664
    OS Stack limit: C8850040
    Scheduling priority: 67371008
    Wait state: 3030070  Yielded BRAIN

    Additional Information:
        The BRAIN encountered a problem executing code in PATIENCE.NLM.  The problem may be in that module or in data passed to that module by a process owned by WORK.NLM.

  3. Man I wish i had a DR policy a few years ago, so when things like this come up...*BANG!*... restore from previous journals and diaries, restore current life expereince directory and we're good to go! I wish...
  4. Does Sento offer happiness.nlm troublshooting? I don't think it's working right...
  5. I don't think I have the correct patch for my speak.nlm, cause I just can't seem to talk straight in meetings and I start sounding like I am just talking to myself!
</attempt to make my life funny right now>

ahhh what a waste of time this was, but it was worth forgetting all of my troubles for a half hour...

Luis

Rick

Aug 4, 2004, 2:41:33 PM8/4/04
but it's not...
...seriously

...no really
... i mean it

er...i don't mean it

uh... hmmmmm

Rick

anon

Aug 4, 2004, 2:51:25 PM8/4/04
lol

MikeM wrote:
Q:  "How can you tell if Rick is just clowning around?"
A:  "Check to see if his lips are moving!"

;-)
Mike

This almost sounds serious!  :-\

Andrew Z Carpenter

Aug 4, 2004, 2:46:25 PM8/4/04
> "Rick" <rchi...@ID10Tsouthlandonline.com> wrote in
> message news:x5aQc.2141$8%5....@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com...

ABEND in module RCHISOLM.NLM approaching..

--
AZC

Orangeblossom Boffin of Needlehole

Aug 4, 2004, 2:57:50 PM8/4/04
very creative I give it a strong 9...;-)

ok, got to give the two basic response

Did you look in the stress management folder of "the" DVD?

fdisk install Linux or Novell...

Just kidding!

<<HUGS>>

Now, how long have you been feeling this way?

How was your relations ship with your father?

Mother?

;-)

--
"Its just one of those days, feelin' like a freight train. First one to
complain leaves with a blood stain."

Limp Bizkit, Break Stuff off of Significant Other

Rick

Aug 4, 2004, 2:58:48 PM8/4/04
I take exception to that remark

exception OE in module Attempted_humour.dll @ B1633EE2

Rick

Rick

Aug 4, 2004, 3:00:00 PM8/4/04

> ABEND in module RCHISOLM.NLM approaching..

Missing H detected in 'RCHISHOLM'
aboot, refry, flail?

Rick

Rick

Aug 4, 2004, 3:01:27 PM8/4/04
is there room on the comfy couch for me?

I have delusions of grandeur.

Rick

Ben S.

Aug 4, 2004, 3:03:18 PM8/4/04
anon,

Sadly this is a known problem with module admin.nlm... there are no good
patches, only temporary fixes, and possibly server replacements. May I
suggest running Tropic Vacation ver 1.2? If that doesn't adequately cold
boot your system, you could always run Beer v16.oz until utilization is
leveled off, careful though... you'll need to flush the cache every few
runs. Also verify your regional settings are set correctly... the wrong
settings can cause more strain on your processor, and family.nlm. *sigh*

Good luck my friend... HTH. :)

--
Ben S.

anon

Aug 4, 2004, 3:03:33 PM8/4/04
"the" DVD? I was eating a support pack when they were handing that one out?
ok...for the others, lets see...
  1. six months or so
  2. father...no idea? haven't seen him since '84
  3. mom...nuts, in that bittersweet kind of way  :-P

Luis

Paul Wolf

Aug 4, 2004, 3:06:07 PM8/4/04
> Missing H detected in 'RCHISHOLM'
> aboot, refry, flail?
select Flail <enter> <duck>

:-)

Paul

Susan

Aug 4, 2004, 3:10:47 PM8/4/04
Luis:

No, he was being funny. That's Rick.

Do you have any vacation time coming to you? If you do, it might not
be a bad time to get away for awhile. Sounds like you could use a
break. : )

Susan
Novell Community Chat Moderator

http://support.novell.com/forums/faq_rules.html
http://www.ncci.org NCCIrregulars Web Site

Orangeblossom Boffin of Needlehole

Aug 4, 2004, 3:16:54 PM8/4/04
ROFLMAO! good one!

Ben S.

Aug 4, 2004, 3:20:33 PM8/4/04
anon,

6 months? That all? ;)

Just remind yourself it's not worth it...

You may wanna turn off your HTML settings BTW.

--
Ben S.

Rick

Aug 4, 2004, 3:21:24 PM8/4/04
there's that tone again... you know I'm still here, you could wait until
I leave the room.

:-P

Rick

Ben S.

Aug 4, 2004, 3:23:52 PM8/4/04
Rick,

LMAO

--
Ben S.

Susan

Aug 4, 2004, 3:25:25 PM8/4/04
Rick:

Well, I didn't mean it to be judgmental, if that's what you're
concerned about. I think you're very funny, and enjoy the things you
come up with. : )

anon

Aug 4, 2004, 3:29:51 PM8/4/04
I just took a week off last week to move the big stuff out of my old
apartment. What I didn;t really into details about was whats really
going on, it's not just work, it's money, living away from a 11 year
long relationship, I am finding it hard to focus on work and other
responsibilities.

Luis

Susan

Aug 4, 2004, 3:36:25 PM8/4/04
Luis:

And if the relationship *did* end, then what you're experiencing is
absolutely, no doubt about it, completely normal. : )

Susan

Aug 4, 2004, 3:34:53 PM8/4/04
Anon,

> it's money, living away from a 11 year
> long relationship, I am finding it hard to focus on work and other
> responsibilities.

Oh, dear, well that puts a whole different spin on it. Did the
relationship end? If not, how did you end up living away from where
you heart seems to lie? : )

Rick

Aug 4, 2004, 3:50:36 PM8/4/04
Susan wrote:

> I think you're very funny,

odd... that's not the first time a woman has said that to me, it's
usually followed by that "we can still be friends" spiel...

..."it's not you it's me".... "we should see other people"...
..."I'm washing my hair" ... "my brother is going to kill you"

and finally the oldest trick in the book - the restraining order...

i digress and furthermore, I'm finished.

Rick

Andrew Z Carpenter

Aug 4, 2004, 4:09:37 PM8/4/04
> "Paul Wolf" <pwo...@nospamhere.yahoo.com> wrote in
> message news:zsaQc.2178$8%5.1...@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com...
>
> select Flail <enter> <duck>

^C ^C ^C ^C ^C

--
AZC

Andrew Z Carpenter

Aug 4, 2004, 4:12:24 PM8/4/04
> "Ben S." <ben....@NOlibertysavingsbank.com> wrote in message

> Also verify your regional settings are set correctly... the wrong
> settings can cause more strain on your processor, and family.nlm.

Alternatively, try setting them to a different value for a week or
two, see if that helps.

--
AZC

Orangeblossom Boffin of Needlehole

Aug 4, 2004, 4:26:51 PM8/4/04
Rick wrote:

"the restraining order...
"

DOH!...lol

Orangeblossom Boffin of Needlehole

Aug 4, 2004, 4:25:34 PM8/4/04
"the" DVD? I was eating a support pack when they were handing that one
out?
ok...for the others, lets see...
hrmmm, were is felton?
six months or so
not good, have you been having any dreams?

father...no idea? haven't seen him since '84

and why is that?

mom...nuts, in that bittersweet kind of way :-P

yes, I understand...

anon

Aug 4, 2004, 4:53:18 PM8/4/04
No, it is by no means over. We still ove each other as much as the first day we met, and I am convinced that we will for many years to come. We have lived together since we were 17, I am 26 and shes 27 now. I don't really believe in things lik ethis but many people have considered us to be the closest things to soulmates than they have ever heard of or seen! For the past 2 years we have discussed living apart for career reasons and it's finally underway. She needs her space to do her photography and live her life for a while, and I do too, but needless to say it's hard. We still see each other everyday, and have no intentions on not, it's just that she feels the need to live alone for a while, after living with her for many years and knowing how she works, I agreed and moved out. It will be hard financially but we've always made things work in the past, and this will not be an exception. It was my decision to move, and I am a believer in game plans, and right my game plan is to secure a living situation for me, where I will be comfortable and semi-happy until she figures her life out. It's scary in the fun and not so fun kind of way but if it's what needs to happen for her to be happy, i m all there to help as much as I can. Many people ask why I am "putting up" with tis. And to me it's not, we are both very reasonable people and it may seem weird but what would you do for the one love of your life? How much would you pay to k now that you find that person? I know I have and I would do anything, including sacrafice a little mental health for a while, while she stabilizes hers! :-)

Luis

anon

Aug 4, 2004, 4:55:51 PM8/4/04
LOL, yes, I have been having nightmares, mainly due to dealing with so
much change! I understand myself very very much and take a very level
headed approach on things. Somtimes, you just need to scream and break
stuff >:o

Luis

Aki Masume

Aug 4, 2004, 5:07:17 PM8/4/04
anon wrote:
> [...]
> Wait state: 3030070 Yielded BRAIN
>
> Additional Information:
> The BRAIN encountered a problem executing code in
> PATIENCE.NLM. The problem may be in that module or in data passed
> to that module by a process owned by WORK.NLM.
>
> 2. Man I wish i had a DR policy a few years ago, so when things like
> this come up*...*BANG!*... *restore from previous journals and
> diaries, restore current life expereince directory and we're good
> to go! I wish...
> 3. Does Sento offer /*happiness.nlm*/ troublshooting? I don't think
> it's working right...
> 4. I don't think I have the correct patch for my /*speak.nlm*/, cause
> I just can't seem to talk straight in meetings and I start
> sounding like I am just talking to myself!
>
> </attempt to make my life funny right now>
>

> ahhh what a waste of time this was, but it was worth forgetting all of

AH HA HA HA HA HA~! So funni~ And creative too~! Bravo~ *clap clap*

Unfortunately, I'm not as creative or witty as the others, so I don't
have any computer-related thingie-majiggy humor I can throw in in
response to your post. So...uh...yeah...uh-huh...I think I'll just go
away now.

--
--------------------------
"Freedom is sometimes just simply another perspective away." -- Kutless

Ben S.

Aug 4, 2004, 5:12:30 PM8/4/04
anon,

[bows in humble observance]

You're a man among men dude... I wish you the best of luck.

Time and space do help one clear their thoughts...

--
Ben S.

Ben S.

Aug 4, 2004, 5:13:21 PM8/4/04
Andrew Z Carpenter,

Ahhh yes... extended testing is often necissary...

... in this case though, that seems to be a measure of the stress caused
on admin.nlm.

*sigh*

--
Ben S.

Aki Masume

Aug 4, 2004, 5:24:10 PM8/4/04
anon wrote:

> Somtimes, you just need to scream and break
> stuff >:o

*hears the rap song that played in Office Space when the three nerds
beat up the fax machine*

Baseball bat? ^___^

Susan

Aug 4, 2004, 7:38:44 PM8/4/04
<G>

Susan

Aug 4, 2004, 7:38:44 PM8/4/04
Luis:

I have no criticism whatsoever for what either of you are doing or
feeling. We're in here to help, mental-health-wise, so feel free to
participate even more than you have, if you feel better in doing so.

Sewermonger Smurf or Till Sandybanks of Frogmorton

Aug 5, 2004, 12:22:57 AM8/5/04
I was abandoned in the hosp when I was born so I understand

a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts,
build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders,
cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure,
program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects.
Excerpt from the notebooks of Lazarus Long,

Sewermonger Smurf or Till Sandybanks of Frogmorton

Aug 5, 2004, 12:23:16 AM8/5/04
Oh... do you not the DVD?

anon

Aug 5, 2004, 8:32:16 AM8/5/04
No, i never requested one to be honest, but if I knew who to ask I would!

Luis

anon

Aug 5, 2004, 8:37:14 AM8/5/04
Thank you, that does mean lot, even though it comes from a stranger <G>

Last night was a rough one. Panic attacks suck too...more so than the
feelings of loneliness, boredom, etc..

In the words of the great Miyagi
"Patience Daniel-son, patience"

Actually i'm not sure he even said that in the movie, I just hear his
voice in my head while saying that! Uh oh, should I not be hearing
voices? :-\

Luis

Blinky Bill

Aug 5, 2004, 8:49:55 AM8/5/04
anon wrote:

> even though it comes from a stranger

Ben's no stranger, he's just plain strange <g>

--
Blinky Bill

I don't Suffer from insanity, I enjoy it

Sewermonger

Aug 5, 2004, 8:55:31 AM8/5/04
Ask moi

Just send your snail mail address to fel...@spamcop.net

Make sure that you have Sewermonger in the subject or I might report
you as spamming me....

Something like: Sewermonger DVD will do nicely

--
Sometimes I just want to say: Screw it all and get back into bed

Orangeblossom Boffin of Needlehole

Aug 5, 2004, 10:43:34 AM8/5/04
ahhh, but having nightmares is a good thing believe it or not...It
means that you are getting REM sleep...when you stop dreaming that
sometimes mean that you are not getting REM sleep...not fun.

Ben S.

Aug 5, 2004, 12:33:49 PM8/5/04
Blinky Bill,

> Ben's no stranger, he's just plain strange <g>

Words... mouth... mine...

... stop that! ;)

--
Ben S.

Ben S.

Aug 5, 2004, 12:36:10 PM8/5/04
anon,

> Last night was a rough one. Panic attacks suck too...more so than the
> feelings of loneliness, boredom, etc..

If it's of any consent... I'm possibly moving off into the north woods of
Montana with nobody for miles. Hmm... no? dang... I was trying. Anyhow,
just keep yourself busy... have any other friends to keep you
entertained?

> Actually i'm not sure he even said that in the movie, I just hear his
> voice in my head while saying that! Uh oh, should I not be hearing
> voices? :-\

LOL... no no, listen to them... well *some* of them... if they tell you to
kill, mame, or steal anyone or anything... do NOT listen... :)

--
Ben S.

Doug Black

Aug 5, 2004, 1:43:22 PM8/5/04
Aki Masume wrote:

> My friend, what you need is a MMORPG. Might I suggest FFXI? I barely
> have time for anything since playing that game. So much fun~ ^__^

DAoC ftw! <g>

Aki Masume

Aug 5, 2004, 1:35:39 PM8/5/04
Orangeblossom Boffin of Needlehole wrote:

> ahhh, but having nightmares is a good thing believe it or not...It
> means that you are getting REM sleep...when you stop dreaming that
> sometimes mean that you are not getting REM sleep...not fun.

Whats REM sleep?

Orangeblossom Boffin of Needlehole

Aug 5, 2004, 2:09:02 PM8/5/04

anon

Aug 5, 2004, 2:25:02 PM8/5/04
OK OK, lets start spelling out these acronyms before we assume we allll
know what they mean! Sheesh! :-P

Luis

anon

Aug 5, 2004, 2:27:05 PM8/5/04
Oh and SCBW is my favorite, always has been and always will be...not to
mention it plays just fine on my old PIII Dell C600 laptop! I would be
extremely lucky to get anything else to work right on it!

Luis

Andrew Z Carpenter

Aug 5, 2004, 2:34:07 PM8/5/04

StarCraft: Brood War? http://www.blizzard.com/broodwar/

--
AZC

Doug Black

Aug 5, 2004, 2:45:30 PM8/5/04
anon wrote:
> OK OK, lets start spelling out these acronyms before we assume we allll
> know what they mean! Sheesh! :-P

MMORPG = Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game

FFXI = Final Fantasy Eleven

DAoC = Dark Age of Camelot

anon

Aug 5, 2004, 2:55:04 PM8/5/04
Yes in deedy! love that game, i have been staying up till 2 every
morning playng it lately. If I can't sleep minus well develop an army of
Templars and carriers to my evil biddings...

Luis

Ben S.

Aug 5, 2004, 3:00:16 PM8/5/04
anon,

> Oh and SCBW is my favorite, always has been and always will be...not to

Great game... the new Warcraft III is very nice as well.

--
Ben S.

Travis Montgomery

Aug 6, 2004, 9:18:30 AM8/6/04
Blinky Bill wrote:

> anon wrote:
>

>>even though it comes from a stranger
>

> Ben's no stranger, he's just plain strange <g>

More like strangest!

--
Travis Montgomery
Network Administrator

Ben S.

Aug 6, 2004, 2:11:48 PM8/6/04
Travis,
> More like strangest!

[ponders]

Wonder how true that really is?

--
Ben S.

Travis Montgomery

Aug 6, 2004, 2:20:09 PM8/6/04
Ben S. wrote:
> Travis,
>
>>More like strangest!
>

> [ponders]
>
> Wonder how true that really is?

See! No normal person would pay any attention to my posts.

Ben S.

Aug 6, 2004, 2:28:15 PM8/6/04
Travis,

> See! No normal person would pay any attention to my posts.

Well that classification rules out most everyone here. :)

--
Ben S.

Travis Montgomery

Aug 6, 2004, 2:36:24 PM8/6/04
Ben S. wrote:

Yeah, point taken.

Lindsey Johnstone

Aug 6, 2004, 3:42:35 PM8/6/04
Ben S.,

> [ponders]
>
> Wonder how true that really is?

Shall I answer?

--

Lindsey
One of the XanaDudes, using 1.16.3.1

Ben S.

Aug 6, 2004, 4:05:36 PM8/6/04
Lindsey Johnstone,
> Shall I answer?

Since when have you asked for permission to speak your mind? ;)

... aside from your wife.

--
Ben S.

Lindsey Johnstone

Aug 6, 2004, 5:29:55 PM8/6/04
Ben S.,

> Since when have you asked for permission to speak your mind? ;)
>
> ... aside from your wife.

<blush> I was trying to be nice, and you can understand how difficult
that is for me. <g>

Ben S.

Aug 6, 2004, 5:48:06 PM8/6/04
Lindsey,

> <blush> I was trying to be nice, and you can understand how difficult
> that is for me. <g>

[nods vigorously]

--
Ben S.

Lindsey Johnstone

Aug 6, 2004, 6:28:27 PM8/6/04
Ben S.,

> > <blush> I was trying to be nice, and you can understand how
> > difficult that is for me. <g>
>
> [nods vigorously]

You don't have to agree with such gusto, Ben.

fel...@hotpop.com

Aug 6, 2004, 10:20:08 PM8/6/04
Embarrased that yore secret is out?

fel...@hotpop.com

Aug 6, 2004, 10:22:03 PM8/6/04
We are well aware that yore attitude and how ewe treat us takes great....

fel...@hotpop.com

Aug 6, 2004, 10:27:03 PM8/6/04
Bee nice