Frank McCallister

DZanre

Feb 27, 2009, 3:39:39 PM2/27/09
I have receved word that Frank McCallister had a massive heart attack, and
passed away at 1:50 this morning.

I really don't know his wife or any contact information for her. I thought
the rest of his friends here would want to know.

--
Danita
Time to upgrade to GW8!

Ben A L Jemmett

Feb 27, 2009, 3:45:36 PM2/27/09
DZanre wrote:
> I have receved word that Frank McCallister had a massive heart
> attack, and passed away at 1:50 this morning.

Oh no :( That's really sad news -- but thank you for passing it on.

--
Regards,
Ben A L Jemmett.

Brent Wolfe

Feb 27, 2009, 4:04:29 PM2/27/09
Thanks Danita; another good man gone.....
Does anyone know how to contact the family?

"DZanre" <dza...@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote in message

DZanre

Feb 27, 2009, 4:09:01 PM2/27/09
Brent Wolfe wrote:

> Does anyone know how to contact the family?

I'm going to see if the person who contacted me on Facebook can provide
details.

Brent Wolfe

Feb 27, 2009, 4:35:40 PM2/27/09
Yeah, Sandy pilots are getting thin on the ground.......

"dan c." <dytche...@hotmail.com.del> wrote in message
> That is truly sad. He will be missed.

dan c.

Feb 27, 2009, 4:34:17 PM2/27/09
That is truly sad. He will be missed.

Craig

Feb 27, 2009, 4:40:51 PM2/27/09
Was he from Tinley park? (Do we know it's certain that he died?)

≈ö≈

Feb 27, 2009, 4:40:02 PM2/27/09
DZanre said something like:

> I have receved word that Frank McCallister had a massive heart attack, and
> passed away at 1:50 this morning.

Very sad news... Please let us know if / when you hear anything. Maybe
Susan knows a contact?

Homebrewer

Marcel Cox

Feb 27, 2009, 5:30:21 PM2/27/09
That's sad!

--
Marcel Cox
http://support.novell.com/forums

Barry Schnur

Feb 27, 2009, 6:41:56 PM2/27/09
This is truly sad news.

--
Barry Schnur
Former Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop

GofBorg

Feb 27, 2009, 7:17:22 PM2/27/09
> I have receved word that Frank McCallister had a massive heart attack, and
> passed away at 1:50 this morning.
OMG!

Wallgames.com

Feb 27, 2009, 8:17:57 PM2/27/09
Thanks for letting us know. Frank was a great guy and friend to us all.

Frank's picture may be found about halfway down this page:
http://www.conference2007.sbsmigration.com/content/advisors/

Our prayers are with Frank's family, and we share their loss.

Go COMPUMAC !

-Bob Carroll

DZanre

Feb 27, 2009, 8:23:46 PM2/27/09
Craig wrote:

> Was he from Tinley park? (Do we know it's certain that he died?)

I don't know where Tinley Park is - but yes, I know for certain that he
died. His daughter is who contacted me on Facebook. I think she was going
through his friends list and sending messages to the people on there. I now
have a street address for his wife Lee if anyone wants to get it from me. I
don't think it's a good idea to post here though.

danita at caledonia dot net

Craig

Feb 27, 2009, 11:26:49 PM2/27/09
Oh...that's too bad. I just wanted to reserve condolences until we knew for
sure.

He did allude to his own mortality recently...maybe he knew?

My standard (and I obey it in my own life), is let's not focus on his
passing, but celebrate his life....right? I don't want people bemoaning my
death at my funeral but remembering how great I was! :)

Here's to you, Frank! Make sure heaven's on Netware! :)

"DZanre" <dza...@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote in message

Susan

Feb 27, 2009, 11:35:29 PM2/27/09
Danita:

That's such unexpected and bad news, that it doesn't seem it could
possibly be real. Frank was so full of life and energy. Thanks for
letting us know.

Susan
Novell Community Chat Moderator

http://forums.novell.com/faq.php?faq=novfor#faq_rules
http://www.ncci.org NCCIrregulars Web Site
http://ncci.blogspot.com NCCIrregulars Blog

Susan

Feb 27, 2009, 11:50:29 PM2/27/09
Craig:

No, he wasn't from Tinley Park, he lived in Naples, Florida for a very
long time, and only in the past year or so moved just a little north of
there.

Jim Henderson

Feb 28, 2009, 12:00:09 AM2/28/09
On Sat, 28 Feb 2009 04:35:29 +0000, Susan wrote:

> That's such unexpected and bad news, that it doesn't seem it could
> possibly be real. Frank was so full of life and energy. Thanks for
> letting us know.

Yes, very unexpected and sad news.

Gonna miss him.

Jim
--
Jim Henderson, CNA6, CDE, CNI, LPIC-1, CLA10, CLP10
Novell Training Services

sbra...@pacbell.net

Feb 28, 2009, 1:08:59 AM2/28/09
On Feb 27, 9:00 pm, Jim Henderson <Jim.Hender...@SysOps.NSC> wrote:
> On Sat, 28 Feb 2009 04:35:29 +0000, Susan wrote:
> > That's such unexpected and bad news, that it doesn't seem it could
> > possibly be real.  Frankwas so full of life and energy.  Thanks for

> > letting us know.
>
> Yes, very unexpected and sad news.
>
> Gonna miss him.
>
> Jim
> --
>  Jim Henderson, CNA6, CDE, CNI, LPIC-1, CLA10, CLP10
>  Novell Training Services

There's a smile on my face and a tear going down my cheek. My name is
Susan Bradley and I'm a Small Business Server MVP and Frank was the
oldest Small Business Server MVP. I have been honored to know Frank
for the last few years. The comment above that Frank would be
installing a Novell network brought a smile to me. Finding that he
had a Novell family that cared about him just as deeply as a Microsoft
family cared about him, showcases that Frank was all about community
and all about technology for many many years.

Both of his technical families were blessed to know him, blessed to be
influenced by his generosity. He was always helping others. I know
that all of you feel changed by his good deeds and good nature as I
do.

Thank you as well to Frank for being so caring that you had many
community families out here on the Internet.

Lindsey Johnstone

Feb 28, 2009, 1:53:59 AM2/28/09

DZanre

Feb 28, 2009, 10:40:15 AM2/28/09
Susan wrote:

> That's such unexpected and bad news, that it doesn't seem it could
> possibly be real. Frank was so full of life and energy. Thanks for
> letting us know.

I was just reminiscing with Joe about when I met both of you for the first
time at WordPerfect Corp. during the training for "online support" people.

Mary Matthews

Feb 28, 2009, 11:25:44 AM2/28/09
Thank you for sharing. I hate to lose anyone, especially someone from
here.

It's been a rough week for heart issues. Lost a sweet friend at work on
Wednesday morning at the age of 51, then a local radio personality to a
heart attack at the age of 54 and my hubby had a minor one the same
morning.

Mary Matthews

Feb 28, 2009, 11:27:10 AM2/28/09
:) I'll be he's ripping and replacing any non-Novell stuff already. :)

Susan

Feb 28, 2009, 11:35:36 AM2/28/09
Thanks for finding that, Lindsey. : )

Lindsey Johnstone

Feb 28, 2009, 11:38:15 AM2/28/09
Mary Matthews said,

> :) I'll be he's ripping and replacing any non-Novell stuff already. :)

Remember he was also a Microsoft MVP for SBS, so depending on scale ...

--
Lindsey
Xananews 1.19.1.110

Craig

Feb 28, 2009, 11:45:29 AM2/28/09
Who am I thinking of? Maybe it's the kick boxer?
:)

"Susan" <nscv.sys...@myrealbox.com> wrote in message

Craig

Feb 28, 2009, 11:45:50 AM2/28/09
:)

"Lindsey Johnstone" <ljohns...@spammyrealbox.com> wrote in message

KeN Etter

Feb 28, 2009, 12:38:01 PM2/28/09

>I really don't know his wife or any contact information for her. I thought
>the rest of his friends here would want to know.

Sad news indeed. I wish his family well.

Novell....it does a server good!

sbra...@pacbell.net

Feb 28, 2009, 1:24:16 PM2/28/09
On Feb 28, 8:38 am, "Lindsey Johnstone"

Nah, he'd be installing both :-)

Susan

Feb 28, 2009, 2:05:29 PM2/28/09
Craig:

I think you're thinking of the other Frank - Pineau. : )

kgroneman

Feb 28, 2009, 6:06:01 PM2/28/09

Frank was a great guy and he lived a vibrant and full life from the
talks I had with him and from what I could see he was doing after he
left our SysOp program. The world has lost a good man.

--
My computer always used to beat me at chess, but it is no match for me
now I changed the competition to kick boxing

Craig

Mar 1, 2009, 2:19:02 PM3/1/09
Yes!

Marcel Cox

Mar 1, 2009, 3:44:20 PM3/1/09
Sbradcpa,

Your message was not posted to the official Novell news
server. While your news server might show the Novell support
newsgroups, Novell has no official connection with other news
servers on the Internet. Therefore, the message you posted
will probably never propagate to the official Novell server.
The SysOps only see messages on the Novell server and for
that reason, you will probably never get a reply to your
message posted here.

I suggest you post your message directly to the official
Novell news server at news://forums.novell.com or to Novell's
Web based forums at http://forums.novell.com. The access to
Novell's news server is free and does not require registration.
The access to Novell’s web forums requires registration but
Everyone who wants can register. See
http://forums.novell.com/faq.php for details.

This message was posted automatically. Please do not reply
to it.

--
Marcel Cox
Novell Support Forums SysOp

Marcel Cox

Mar 1, 2009, 3:44:24 PM3/1/09

DE

Mar 1, 2009, 11:43:46 PM3/1/09
DZanre wrote:
> I have receved word that Frank McCallister had a massive heart attack, and
> passed away at 1:50 this morning.
>
> I really don't know his wife or any contact information for her. I thought
> the rest of his friends here would want to know.

Danita,

I cannot thank you enough for posting this. I didn't know.

And I was supposed to connect with Frank here in the Pacific NW today,
but it was unusual to not hear back from him (I'd sent him an email that
very morning to confirm.)

I will reserve any comments until I can absorb the news a bit better.

-- Debra Earle
(aka DE)

MichaelC

Mar 2, 2009, 2:54:26 AM3/2/09
> I have receved word that Frank McCallister had a massive heart attack, and
> passed away at 1:50 this morning.

Incredibly sad news - thoughts & prayers go out to his family :(

Michael
--
"This is the curse of Jeff Murdoch. I meet the woman of my dreams and I
can't take my trousers off."

Miles58

Mar 2, 2009, 10:46:08 AM3/2/09
Frank was one of the first people I talked to here. He and Bob are why I
did my time in the rodeo. Bummer.

Stevo

Mar 2, 2009, 10:56:34 AM3/2/09

That's too bad.....................<snif> :-(

Greg B

Mar 2, 2009, 12:34:51 PM3/2/09
rest in peace Frank. Sad news indeed.

Jay Calderwood

Mar 2, 2009, 12:35:55 PM3/2/09
On 2/27/2009 3:39 PM, DZanre wrote:
> I have receved word that Frank McCallister had a massive heart attack, and
> passed away at 1:50 this morning.
>
> I really don't know his wife or any contact information for her. I thought
> the rest of his friends here would want to know.

Oh no... Rest in Piece Frank....