Audio equipment and misc tech for hacking/reuse

tyle...@gmail.com

Nov 18, 2022, 10:16:42 AM11/18/22
to Nottingham Hackspace - Nottinghack
I've amassed a large quantity of new/like-new audio equipment and other such tech from an auctioning business I was running on the side. I'm doing a clear out and wondered if anyone would want some of it for parts or reuse. I can drop it off at the hackspace. All free of course.

Before I go and do an inventory of everything, here's a loose list of the kind of stuff I have, and if you're interested I can get you some more details.

  • Radios (5-10)
  • Record players (2-5)
  • TV Aerials (5-10)
  • Bluetooth speakers (5-10)
  • CD Players(10-15)
  • Kettles (1-2)
  • Toasters (2-3)
  • Motorcycle helmets (These are pretty cool. Retro style) (2)
  • Phone cases (fake leather. old models) (hundreds)
  • Cardboard boxes(30 or so)
If you have any questions, let me know. Quantities are off the top of my head, so very approximate. If you want them just to tear them down (there's some pretty decent bluetooth modules, radio, speakers etc), or even just to use yourself (most of it works like new), that's fine. It's all going in the bin otherwise.

Cheers

D Spence

Nov 18, 2022, 10:38:06 AM11/18/22
to notti...@googlegroups.com
gratefully received. 1 of the toasters and the bluetooth speakers( for my kids group)

thanks

Mr123bohemian

Nov 18, 2022, 4:59:09 PM11/18/22
to notti...@googlegroups.com
I wouldn't mind the helmets.. cheers

Rave Pants

Nov 18, 2022, 5:27:44 PM11/18/22
to notti...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thanks for the kind offer.

I could really use a record player and and cd player please.

Thank you.

On Fri, 18 Nov 2022, 15:16 tyle...@gmail.com, <tyle...@gmail.com> wrote:

arthur...@gmail.com

Nov 19, 2022, 8:59:37 AM11/19/22
to Nottingham Hackspace - Nottinghack
Many thanks for the offer.
If there is a window-sill size DAB radio I would be grateful for that, as FM reception is so poor where I live.
Thanks,
Arthur

C Reddish

Nov 19, 2022, 11:11:46 AM11/19/22
to Nottingham Hackspace - Nottinghack
If you could let me know the details in regard to the record players and CD players I may have a home in mind  for them, and if a toaster is going spare I'd be happy to take one.

Cheers

Chris

Neil Tunnecliff

Nov 21, 2022, 11:23:09 AM11/21/22
to notti...@googlegroups.com
Hiya,
Would it be possible to take the retro Helmets off your hands please?
Regards

Neil Tunnecliff

bobw

Nov 22, 2022, 11:46:03 AM11/22/22
to Nottingham Hackspace - Nottinghack
I also could make good use of window cill sized DAB radio; Thanks,
Bob

tyle...@gmail.com

Nov 22, 2022, 3:48:08 PM11/22/22
to Nottingham Hackspace - Nottinghack
Just to keep you updated, I've cleared out about half the stuff. I'll do the rest tomorrow. I'm planning on taking a picture of everything that's been described as wanted, posting it here, and then bringing it all to the hackspace on a set date. Not sure if I should leave it there with a note to throw away if nobody wants it, or if I should throw it away myself if nobody claims it while I'm there. Would be the fairest thing for it to be first come first serve, as a few people have requested the same stuff.

I will say one thing, there's a couple of fancy 4 slot branded toasters which work fine, but there's an additional lever to raise the toast up even further that's not working too well. They will be labelled as such, but just so you know ahead of time. I think those are the only toasters I've got.

Thanks for all the responses. Feels good to rehome the stuff instead of binning it.

Taiiwo Llort

Nov 26, 2022, 5:43:22 AM11/26/22
to notti...@googlegroups.com
Here's some photos of it. There's approx:

2 toasters (working, but used)
2 record players
1 retro motorcycle helmet
A bunch of DAB radios of various sizes and quality
Some headphones
A kettle
Some Bluetooth speakers
Some FM radios
Some colour and b&w screen MP3 players (could reuse the screens I bet)
A steelseries mech keyboard (used)
A box of new ink cartridges for a Kodak printer
Large amount of blank sticky labels (1000s)
Misc cables
Universal TV remotes
NFC Bluetooth adapter thing

I'll be bringing it to the hackspace some point next week (I'll post exact date). Someone please let me know if I should leave it for people to take or bring it with me when I leave?

IMG_20221126_103342699.jpg
IMG_20221126_103129862.jpg

Taiiwo Llort

Nov 26, 2022, 5:48:33 AM11/26/22
to notti...@googlegroups.com
Here's the helmet
IMG_20221126_104804583.jpg

Neil Heaney

Jan 4, 2023, 6:33:25 AM1/4/23
to notti...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

What a great selection of stuff and such a generous offer.

Do you still have any DAB/FM Bluetooth radios available?

I'm late to this post so seems likely I've missed the boat but thought it worth checking.

Regards Neil

tyle...@gmail.com

Jan 18, 2023, 12:24:26 PM1/18/23
to Nottingham Hackspace - Nottinghack
Sorry, I posted a response to this, but I think I forgot to reply all and it didn't show up on here.

I will be dropping off the stuff this Saturday. It is all still available. Unless there is a reply from someone senior in this thread, I'm going to be leaving it at the hackspace with a note explaining why it's there, and with a link to this thread.

Thanks

arthur...@gmail.com

Jan 19, 2023, 8:43:22 AM1/19/23
to Nottingham Hackspace - Nottinghack
Hi,
I am away this weekend, back on Tuesday.
If you could possibly mark one small DAB radio for ARTHUR and leave it in the store room I would be most grateful.
Thanks for giving us all this stuff.
Best wishes
Arthur

tyle...@gmail.com

Jan 20, 2023, 5:43:52 PM1/20/23
to Nottingham Hackspace - Nottinghack
Yea, I can do that no problem

Taiiwo Llort

Jan 21, 2023, 10:08:05 AM1/21/23
to notti...@googlegroups.com
On my way up there now. (40 mins?)

tyle...@gmail.com

Jan 21, 2023, 1:32:56 PM1/21/23
to Nottingham Hackspace - Nottinghack
It's all there on the table downstairs with a sign that says "Free to take (or hack)". I hope people make good use of it!