Random tools donation...

Jason McGinty

Jun 30, 2022, 2:03:42 PM6/30/22
to Nottingham Hackspace - Nottinghack
Hi Notts Hackspace,

I have a few odds and ends and wondered if any of them might be of benefit to the hackspace, as i am not a member not sure exactly what you do and dont need, but thought these bits listed here didn't necessarily qualify for redistribution as mystery tools!

Clarke Pillar Drill (amazingly still has its original key despite best efforts to lose it..)
12 inch surface plate
2 pretty heavy weight 1 m solid steel clamps
6 inch vice

Also a bit random but may or may not be of interest...
9 years worth of model engineer 2012 -2022 (would be 10 but there's about a years worth i am keeping due to a pair of multi issue articles i want to keep on steam turbines and I/C engine).
1 year worth of Model Engineer from the 60's,
1 year roughly of Model Engineer Workshop and Engineering in Miniature

Guess there not relevant with the RPI's and arduino these days but I have a few books on assembly programming as well (X86, 68K and a PIC one somewhere) and one on VHDL though there are a bit ancient (20+ years :D ) that are likely to be making their way to the great shredder in the sky.

If you can let me known in the next week or so if any of this is interesting ill try and drop it of on one of the open nights.

Take care and keep up the good work!

Jason

Carl Stephenson

Jun 30, 2022, 2:23:43 PM6/30/22
to notti...@googlegroups.com
Pretty sure the tools would be more than welcome! Not entirely sure about the paper, but individual members might at least be interested...

Ava

Jul 1, 2022, 11:16:42 AM7/1/22
to Nottingham Hackspace - Nottinghack
Hi Jason,
I'd be up for the vice please! I live in Ruddington but happy to collect from wherever you are, or the HackSpace at a convenient time.

Regards,
Ava

Jennifer Moore

Jul 1, 2022, 1:19:10 PM7/1/22
to notti...@googlegroups.com
If by any chance the Hackspace didn't want the pillar drill, I'd be very
interested in that. It's something I haven't quite been able to justify
buying! but would use!

Jennifer
--
www.uncharted-worlds.org/blog/
www.single-bass.co.uk/what-is-single-bass

Matt Lloyd

Jul 1, 2022, 1:40:57 PM7/1/22
to NottingHack Google Groups
Hi Jason

Could you provide pictures for the Pillar Drill,  Surface plate and vice?
They would help us decide if the hackspace will take them

Thanks
Matt

arthur...@gmail.com

Jul 2, 2022, 12:16:32 PM7/2/22
to Nottingham Hackspace - Nottinghack
Hi Jason,
If Hackspace does not need it, I could use the surface plate.
Thanks,
Arthur

bobw

Jul 4, 2022, 4:40:20 PM7/4/22
to Nottingham Hackspace - Nottinghack
Hi Jason,
Also could you photo the clamps. Thanks
Bob  ( Woodworking Team)

Jason McGinty

Jul 10, 2022, 12:38:24 PM7/10/22
to Nottingham Hackspace - Nottinghack
Hi All,

Not sure whats happened, I thought I had replied with photos in the thread, but can't seem to see them posted.

Here's the image again plus a couple of extra for the clamps.

I am happy for Arthur and Jennifer if you want the surface plate / drill if the hackspace doesn't want them.

Thanks

Jason

PS looks like the images with attachments were to big just clocked the message about not sending it. Have attached a few of them resized and zipped
photos.zip

Jennifer Moore

Jul 16, 2022, 6:42:54 PM7/16/22
to notti...@googlegroups.com
hi Jason & everyone

> I am happy for Arthur and Jennifer if you want the surface plate / drill if
> the hackspace doesn't want them.

Thank you! (and thanks for your other message today which reminded me I
wanted to clarify this)

Has anyone from the Hackspace officially said the drill isn't wanted?
And if not, it would be helpful to know who's authorised to say so - any
clues?

Jennifer

--
www.uncharted-worlds.org/blog/
www.single-bass.co.uk/what-is-single-bass
www.single-bass.co.uk/songs

bobw

Jul 17, 2022, 4:40:26 AM7/17/22
to Nottingham Hackspace - Nottinghack
good Morning,    The Woodworking Team do not want the drill.   It is unlikely that we will ever have too many clamps so yes please to clamps. I suggest Jason that you give an evening  that you can deliver to the space.  Give us a few days to organise reception.
Thanks Jason,
Bob  ( Woodworking Team)

arthur...@gmail.com

Jul 17, 2022, 10:11:04 AM7/17/22
to Nottingham Hackspace - Nottinghack
Hi everyone,
I am retired so can fit in any late afternoon or evening, except Friday 22nd / Tuesday 26th.
Thanks,
Arthur

Jason McGinty

Jul 18, 2022, 4:27:25 PM7/18/22
to notti...@googlegroups.com
Hi Arthur,

Would Wednesday work for you? I should be able to get to the hackspace for 6.30pm

Thanks Jason

Carl Stephenson

Jul 18, 2022, 11:05:43 PM7/18/22
to notti...@googlegroups.com
If the vice goes unclaimed, I could really use a bigger one than I have, thanks...

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Nottingham Hackspace - Nottinghack" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/nottinghack/CAPHy_ccc0TfSqR9piX6hng_Sg8wT%3Di4oCBi%3DyLyTX7fp1sKgEg%40mail.gmail.com.

Arthur Moore

Jul 19, 2022, 3:02:26 AM7/19/22
to notti...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jason,
Wednesday would be great.  See you in the Space at 6.30.
Thanks
Arthur

Jennifer Moore

Jul 19, 2022, 6:24:44 AM7/19/22
to notti...@googlegroups.com
hi Jason, did you see I replied to you off-list? not sure if that got
sucked into a spam-trap somewhere...

Jennifer