Automatic welding mask [pledge drive]

Marcus

Mar 11, 2012, 3:49:48 AM3/11/12
to Nottingham Hackspace - Nottinghack
Pledge drive:
To raise £45 for an automatic welding mask, like this:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0034BHBUO

The automatic mask should make welding much easier for us beginners.
It has a lens that switches incredibly quickly to a dark shade when
you start welding, and clears when you stop, making it easier to line
up the rod and protect our eyes. With the traditional masks you have
to hold them out to one side or flip a shield up and down.

I pledge a tenner. Any one else?

Dominic Morrow

Mar 11, 2012, 4:30:02 AM3/11/12
to notti...@googlegroups.com
£10 from me

Sent from my iPhone

David Hayward

Mar 11, 2012, 5:19:40 AM3/11/12
to notti...@googlegroups.com
£5 from me

Matt Lloyd

Mar 11, 2012, 6:31:11 AM3/11/12
to notti...@googlegroups.com
£5 from me

'RepRap' Matt

James Hayward

Mar 11, 2012, 6:34:20 AM3/11/12
to notti...@googlegroups.com
I'll do a fiver too!

BuLLeT

Mar 11, 2012, 7:40:43 AM3/11/12
to notti...@googlegroups.com

We have a welder!
Pop me down for a fiver then I want to weld!

Marcus

Mar 12, 2012, 6:13:38 AM3/12/12
to Nottingham Hackspace - Nottinghack
Hi Tom, we don't have the automatic welding mask yet. I make that £40
so far.

jfowkes

Mar 12, 2012, 6:39:09 AM3/12/12
to notti...@googlegroups.com
£5 from me!

James Hayward

Mar 12, 2012, 6:42:18 AM3/12/12
to notti...@googlegroups.com
Boom £45!

Please pay your pledges ASAP so that Marcus can purchase the mask.  Pledges can either be transferred to the account as normal, or paid in cash at the space to any board member.

We have already had Tom's and David's payments.

Marcus

Mar 19, 2012, 8:21:44 AM3/19/12
to Nottingham Hackspace - Nottinghack
Update on the welding mask: David (deejak) has found a local
supplier. We're just going to check if their masks are up to spec.

> "Gas and Welding Equipment" are locate in Ilkeston Road, near to me, and
> have, in stock, automatic helmets from £48 including VAT
>
> http://www.gwe-ltd.com/www.gwe-ltd.coms/info.php?p=11&cat=104158&sought=2
>
> They also stock 6' x 6' welding shield curtains (£20 - )
>
> http://www.gwe-ltd.com/www.gwe-ltd.coms/info.php?p=11&cat=111779&sought=2
>
> Web prices may be higher than the over-the-counter quote I got this
> morning.
>
> As they are a local company, and have extensive stocks, is it worth using
> them, rather than a remote supplier? I have no dealings with them; I just
> pass their shop frequently.
>
> David Clarke.

Matt Lloyd

Mar 25, 2012, 8:13:21 AM3/25/12
to notti...@googlegroups.com
I've just placed the order for the welding mask, should be here for Wednesday.

In the end i went with this one
http://www.gwe-ltd.com/www.gwe-ltd.coms/info.php?p=11&pid=2097440&ack=9

Cost was a little more but, it has a better viewing area, lighter in weight, than the hobby Draper

The board also agreed to a second leather apron and a 6x6ft welding screen

So time to get the pledges in please.

'RepRap' Matt

Marcus

Apr 9, 2012, 1:21:35 AM4/9/12
to Nottingham Hackspace - Nottinghack
OK, you can see the welding mask and list of pledges on the wiki now.
Please pay up folks:

http://wiki.nottinghack.org.uk/wiki/Welding_equipment#Electronic_welding_mask

jfowkes

Apr 19, 2012, 4:55:21 AM4/19/12
to notti...@googlegroups.com
I've added my "paid" entry to the wiki. The payment was back on March 12th, if anyone wants to go looking through the accounts for it.

Matt Lloyd

Apr 19, 2012, 4:22:48 PM4/19/12
to notti...@googlegroups.com
Thanks James I've found it in the accounts and correctly tagged it.

'RepRap' Matt
Sent from my iPad 2