Passa al primo messaggio da leggere

Tane Piper

da leggere,
11 feb 2008, 17:24:3411/02/08
a nos...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

I've been quietly following noserub for a while now. I've been
developing an app that I think the protocol would fit into very well,
however I am developing the app with Python/Django, and I'd like to
build a library for the protocol to use it.

The problem is so far, I haven't seen docs that fully explain the
implementation of the protocol, especially one that is
language-neutral.

Also, how much interest is there in a Python implementation other than
myself? I'd be willing to devote some time to it if you would be
willing to give some time to explaining some of the implementation?
--
Tane Piper
Blog - http://digitalspaghetti.me.uk

This email is: [ ] blogable [ x ] ask first [ ] private

Mamading Ceesay

da leggere,
25 feb 2008, 11:55:0025/02/08
a NoseRub
On Feb 11, 10:24 pm, "Tane Piper" <digitalspaghe...@googlemail.com>
wrote:

> I've been quietly following noserub for a while now. I've been
> developing an app that I think the protocol would fit into very well,
> however I am developing the app with Python/Django, and I'd like to
> build a library for the protocol to use it.
>
> The problem is so far, I haven't seen docs that fully explain the
> implementation of the protocol, especially one that is
> language-neutral.

I'd be potentially be interested in developing a Ruby library for the
NoseRub protocol to use with Rails, so I'd find such docs useful as
well. It would probably be worth discussing protocols and apis on the
Open Social Networking google group ( http://groups.google.com/group/open-social-networking
) which was instigated by the founder of the Appleseed Project
( http://appleseed.sourceforge.net/ ).

Regards,
Mamading Ceesay

Dirk Olbertz

da leggere,
25 feb 2008, 17:46:2825/02/08
a NoseRub
Hi Tane,

sorry for the late answer.

On Feb 11, 11:24 pm, "Tane Piper" <digitalspaghe...@googlemail.com>
wrote:
> I've been quietly following noserub for a while now. I've been
> developing an app that I think the protocol would fit into very well,
> however I am developing the app with Python/Django, and I'd like to
> build a library for the protocol to use it.
>
> The problem is so far, I haven't seen docs that fully explain the
> implementation of the protocol, especially one that is
> language-neutral.
>
> Also, how much interest is there in a Python implementation other than
> myself? I'd be willing to devote some time to it if you would be
> willing to give some time to explaining some of the implementation?

From week to week, it becomes clearer, that there currently is no need
for a "protocol", as it already is there. By the end of march, we plan
to have the next major release out which will allow people who use
NoseRub to connect (aka making a contact) with someone by just giving
any URL. NoseRub will then look, if it can find any account
information on that URL and via the new Google SocialGraph API. This
way, NoseRub users eg would be able to add anyone with a public
profile on FriendFeed or Twitter as their contact, just by giving that
URL.

Social streams and mikroformats are evolving all over the place, and
Chris Messina and some other Guys are currently building DiSo, some
kind of social network plugin for wordpress, which does exactly that:
provding an interface for adding your own profile data and add others
as contact - by just adding their blog url.

We're currently seeing, that URLs are becoming the new email
addresses: an URL stands for a person and therefore I can add it as my
contact. Brad Fritzpatrick (working on the SocialGaph API at Google)
also proposed an email to url mapping: http://brad.livejournal.com/2357444.html

One thing that probably will need a protocol is the whole privacy
setting stuff. Regarding this, DiSo shares my view, that this can be
archieved with OpenID and OAuth. Right now, there are only thoughts
available, but I strongly believe, that a solution will be found that
is as easy and clear as the "just connect to an URL" thing above: you
will basically need to authenticate yourself on another server by
using OpenID/OAuth. After that, the other server knows what kind of
information your are permitted to see and can therefore act in this
way.

A protocol may also be neccessary to send messages accross servers to
avoid the email spam problems. But these things are a few steps ahead
right now.

So, if you want to be "NoseRub" compatible, make sure your service
provides a clean microformat markup for hCard and XFN. And also allow
you users to add any URL as a contact and then retrieve account
information from that URL, using hCard and XFN from there.

It also would be great to use the same filters as NoseRub does. That
would mean we will provide a list of services (flickr, del.ico.us,
etc.) and tag them with the correct filter, so that users can get used
to the filters. And we should work on some kind of format to exchange
the service informations, so that we do not need to write the code and
regular expressions for every programming language.

How does this sound? Too stupid, or just great? :-)

Cheers,
Dirk

ashaszin

da leggere,
3 mar 2008, 08:01:4103/03/08
a NoseRub
Hello everyone,
I'm currently looking for implementing the "noserub protocol" in a web
framework / publication engine called spip (http://www.spip.net/).

I'm working on schematics, I'll post them here for feedback (even if
some things will be spip-specific).

On 11 fév, 23:24, "Tane Piper" <digitalspaghe...@googlemail.com>
wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I've been quietly following noserub for a while now. I've been
> developing an app that I think the protocol would fit into very well,
> however I am developing the app with Python/Django, and I'd like to
> build a library for the protocol to use it.
>
> The problem is so far, I haven't seen docs that fully explain the
> implementation of the protocol, especially one that is
> language-neutral.
>
> Also, how much interest is there in a Python implementation other than
> myself? I'd be willing to devote some time to it if you would be
> willing to give some time to explaining some of the implementation?
> --
> Tane Piper
> Blog -http://digitalspaghetti.me.uk

ashaszin

da leggere,
4 mar 2008, 02:26:3604/03/08
a NoseRub
A very first attempt, a rough view of rss syndication in noserub.

http://fr.tinypic.com/view.php?pic=w9b7v9&s=3
or
http://i31.tinypic.com/w9b7v9.jpg

I'll try to make a diagram representing XFN, hcard and "cinematics" of
a noserub service.

Regards,

Augustin Chassine
Rispondi a tutti