py3k support

jason pellerin

Dec 16, 2008, 12:45:09 PM12/16/08
to nose...@googlegroups.com
For those not obsessively watching svn commits -- I started a branch
for work on py3k support. You can grab it here:

https://python-nose.googlecode.com/svn/branches/py3k

As of now, selftest runs, with lots of failures and errors, and
finding around 10 fewer tests than under 2.5 (some because they've
been removed, like tests for string exception support).

The branch is mainly an experiment, but also in case there are folks
in desperate need of some kind of support for 3.0.

My plans for the future are murky, but most likely nose will fork into
a legacy version (supporting 2.3-2.6) and a new version supporting 2.6
or 3.0 and over, which will probably be developed in this branch,
unless the branch is widely used and the new version is too unstable.

Anyway, check out the branch if you are messing around with 3.0, and
send patches if ye dare. :)

JP