IMPORTANT: Second level tournaments - how to register will be published on Monday

Jill Wilker

Nov 20, 2009, 8:45:34 PM11/20/09
to norcalfll...@googlegroups.com
Regional Tournament Registration Process  announced on Monday

We have been looking at several different options for registering teams into the 2nd level tournaments for teams that are advancing into the December tournaments - we are not terribly happy with the system that we used to manage the first level tournament registration and are seriously looking at other options.
We don't have the process finalized yet as we had hoped but will announce how to register on Monday and hopefully open registration very quickly (Monday or shortly there after).

All 2nd level tournaments will charge $75.   We are going to go with a first come / first served model with reserving enough slots for the teams competing on 11/28 instead of waiting for that tournament to happen.

Things you can do to help to make this get closed quickly.

1) Be prepared to pay via paypal the $75 registration fee when we open registration

2) Be prepared with your 1st - 2nd - 3rd choices out of all of the December dates.  12/6 in Sacramento,  12/12 in East Bay,  or 12/19 in San Jose.

3) I mean this in a positive way -   If the team has restrictions on its availability and/or willingness to travel,  and thus has only 1 (or 2) choices that works for your team, please have someone "ready" that can register the team once we announce how and when registration opens.    This may not necessarily have to be the coach - particularly if we don't use the same tournament reg system.

We are very unlikely to be able to shift your team around once you select your choice - mainly due to the timing of it all - please choose carefully.
If your team ends up not being able to compete in December, please let us know as soon as possible so that we can give the opportunity to another team.

Regards,
   Jill & Mark

---

Jill Wilker

Nov 24, 2009, 1:24:55 AM11/24/09
to norcalfll...@googlegroups.com

When registration will open:
Tuesday November 24th at noon we will open registration for the
FLL Regional tournaments.

Where to register:
When registration opens, there will be a bright yellow box on the
right side panel of
the http://www.norcalfll.org site with the words, "Click to
Register for Regional".
This will be a link that takes you to a registration form hosted
at playingatlearning.org.
DO NOT LOG IN TO gofll.usfirst.org site or refer to information on
the
usfirst.org site as we are NOT using the usfirst.org system for
Nor Cal 2nd level
tournament registration.

Who registers:
Teams that advanced from each of the tournaments should pick 1
representative
who will register the team AND pay the registration fees on
behalf of the team. We
will not be checking this with the official FLL database, so it
does not have to the
listed coach or assistant coach. For the teams competing this
coming weekend
at the Girl Scouts tournament, we have reserved spots for the 9
advancing teams.

Process for registering:
We will be using the registration system that we had in place last
year which is
hosted off of our local site. When you enter the registration
form, you will be
asked for the team number and team name along with some
additional information
about the team AND that you have read and agreed to the Coaches
Promise and
NorCalFLL policies. I have attached a picture of the reg form so
that you can
see what information is expected. Please make sure that you
enter the team
number correctly as that is the key to making this work.

You will see a count of the currently open slots based on the
time that you
load the page. You must pick a tournament that has space
otherwise your
registration will not be successful. We would recommend
filling in the form
completely and hitting "Submit Choice" in a timely manner.
If you can
not fill out the form in a reasonable amount of time, (ie
don't go off to lunch
in the middle of entering the info) you should re-load it so
that you see an
accurate view of how many open slots there are at each
tournament - the
page does not "auto-refresh". Also, you should enable popups
as that is
the mechanism we use to warn you about errors in your submission.

We are using a first come, first served method for registration.

After filling in the form and selecting your choice of which
tournament that the
team will go to - if successful, you will get a results page
that says at the top of
the page, "Team Registration Results". This is a summary of
your registration
and you should save / print a copy for your records. This will
be the only
verification of your choice in case we have issues with the
database back end.
Finally, to complete your tournament registration, you click
on the link on the
results page that says, "Pay for the regional tournament" and
pay the $75 regional
tournament fee via paypal.

Since we are having teams manage their own choice, we will not
have a
mechanism to make changes or have you pick a second choice.
Your choice
(from tournaments with available slots) is your choice and you
will be accepted
into that tournament with the only exception that the tournament
director and
program partner (Playing At Learning) do reserve the right for
final approval.

If the team decides not to compete in December either before
they register or
afterwards, please let us know as soon as possible so that this
slot may be
offered to other teams.

How to Pay:
To complete your tournament registration, you click on the
link available on the
results page that says, "Pay for the regional tournament" and
pay the $75 regional
tournament fee via paypal. Payment is due immediately upon
registering.
If we run into teams not paying in a timely manner (ie within a
day or two),
we reserve the right to open your slot back up and have you
re-register based
on the open slots at the time of payment and if you do not
register and pay by 12/3,
we will assume that your team is not competing. Payment, if of
itself, will not
reserve your tournament slot. The payment for regionals is a
different payment
link than the 1st level qualifiers and is available on the top
registration page and on
the results page.

Regards,
Jill