Please mail Release of Liability waivers

Jill Wilker

Sep 5, 2010, 6:35:20 PM9/5/10
to norcalfll...@googlegroups.com
Teams -

We have started collecting release of liability waivers for teams.  PLEASE DO NOT SCAN AND EMAIL OR FAX        Hopefully by next year the process will change through FIRST HQ (ala FRC's process) but for this year, these need to be physically sent to us.

In order to make it easy for our tournament organizers, we collect these ahead of time so that this is taken care of and there are no problems related to this when the team shows up at the tournament.   All team members and all coaches and all mentors must submit a signed waiver.       We are _not_ collecting tournament volunteer waivers - these will continue to be collected at the tournament itself.

Important to note is that we must have the form for this 2010-2011 season as some of the language has changed.

English version:     http://www.playingatlearning.org/FLL/2010/2010Waiver.pdf
Spanish version:    http://www.playingatlearning.org/FLL/2010/Spanish2010Waiver.pdf

Also, do us a favor and please collect all forms and send them in one envelope for your team -  it is a pain to receive individual forms/envelopes and keep track of them that way.

Please check that all minors have a parent/guardian signature.  Also, all team members must have at least a birth month and birth year on the form.   Please include your correct team number.     Every few days,  I will be updating the 2010 team list table to note which waivers have been received.   I am human, so if you suspect an error, just send me an email.

The forms get mailed to:
    Playing At Learning   - Waivers
    42668  Lerwick Street
    Fremont, CA   94539

Note that we do not use any of the information on these forms; we do confirm that all team members are age eligible and that all the forms have signatures and all teams have at least one adult coach...  We collect the forms and then ship them off to FIRST where they are used for program-related research data.

Finally,  when you physically mail the envelope to us - please do not require a signature.   We are not typically available at the normal time that these get delivered and it adds about 3 to 5 days for us to receive it as we have to wait for it to get back to a central processing office and then figure out how to make get there to sign for the envelopes within restricted business hours.   What a pain.    We have not had a problem with getting these via regular first class postal mail, so we would recommend that you just send them that way.

Thanks,
   Jill