Nor Cal FLL : Five Tournaments are full

Jill Wilker

Oct 10, 2009, 11:27:33 AM10/10/09
to norcalfll...@googlegroups.com
Update for those who have not yet applied to compete in a tournament this year:

We have over 100 teams through the tournament application process out of 312...  As we sort through the tournament applications over the next few days, it is already obvious that a few tournaments are exceedingly popular.

The following tournaments are basically full from first come, first served:  Camden, Santa Clara University, St.  Lawrence,
and these two are full based on who will be given acceptance to the tournament:  Los Altos, Google.

We are seeing mixed results so far with the Girl Scouts at NASA tournament -  we have had some teams apply but only a few are scouts / or all (or even mostly) girls teams.  We really would like to encourage teams with all or mostly girls to apply, independent of current scouting status.

When applying for the tournament group,  it is important to read the instructions that we have posted on the www.norcalfll.org website [Article is titled:  Tournament Registration Process common issues  and is in the middle of the front page or the top link under "Latest News"
].      The general guidelines on the gofll.usfirst.org site are misleading and will not work for applying to the Event Group for Nor Cal FLL Qualifying Tournaments.

For those that have applied for their tournament choice(s) already, none of the teams have been "accepted" as yet - all teams are still pending, no reason to panic.   For those looking to change their choices, we don't know yet how that will work.

Finally, if the team is not going to compete for any reason, just tell me the team number so that I don't start bugging you - I will be starting to check up on the coaches in a day or two...

Regards,
   Jill