The 12 Basic NOOB Infantry Tips

Alex Fire

Dec 29, 2011, 1:56:46 PM12/29/11
to noobp...@googlegroups.com
HOAH!

Based on the post - written in brazilian portuguese - by AlexHits on battlelog http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/feed/show/2832663151856707387/ I've decided to write here our Basic NOOB Infantry Tips that follows. Most of you may already know them but it's always good to remind and let other players get to know it too. All suggestions, additions and corrections are welcome.

#1 - Get to Know your Battlefield
Memorize the map, notice where the conflits and attacks usually happens, search for a good position and avoid beign too exposed. Pay attention on the minimap.

#2 - Pay attention to the in-game sounds
Doing so you can track enemy vehicles, nades and infantry even if you dont have a surround system.

#3 - Reload ASAP
Always reload your weapons, specially the rocket lanchers so you can be prepared. If you run out of ammo during a confront, dont try to reload it. Switch to another weapon (e.g.: pistol) and keep firing while you search for safe position and time to reload.

#4 - Adapt Yourself
Use your knife to get someone from the back. Use the opponents kits on the ground if you need. You can even try to revive a mate getting his own medic kit sometimes. Try to do some carkills if you have the opportunity, but take care. Use a different Squad Specialization of your squadmates. Learn a bit more of every role and figure out the best role to fit your squad needs.

#5 - Teamwork
Always move together and help your squad/team. Communicate via audio and spot enemies before shooting them if it's possible. If you are the Squadleader, give the orders. If you're not, ask for orders. Always spawn on your buddies and keep together. If you're the last man standing, try to reach a safe spot and survive till someone come back.

#6 - Accuracy
Always use your aim to get clear and more accurate shots saving bullets. Try to hit the head if possible you'll do more damage to your opponet. But, in close combat avoid using your weapon's aim.

#7 - Do your role job
If you are a medic, drop the medic boxes, revive your teammates only if the area is clear. If you are a support, drop the ammo boxes and cover your buddies. Always pay attention on the minimap and the icons above your buddies head. They will inform you where someone needs ammo and where the ammo boxes have been dropped too. As a sniper avoid close contact - keep a good distance from the conflit - and try to spot as many enemies as you can and cover your teammates. As an engineer, be ready to repair vehicles from your team and/or trap enemy vehicles.

#8 - Use all available resources
Use all your weapons, nades, stationary and available resources. Think about the weapons that will fit better to each situation.

#9 - Retreat
Retreat when things get too bad, specialy if you are injured. Fall back, recover yourself and think about another way to attack

#10 - Move
Avoid beign a fix target when you are exposed. Even when firing and using your weapon's aim you can move. As a sniper you should think about relocate yourself too.

#11 - Stealth

Avoid beign spotted. Keep quiet, only shoot if it's necessary. If you spawn on a squadmate that is hiddin' his self move away from his position to start firing or to commence the attack into the enemy. Always try to ambush your enemies - traps, surprise attack and flank attack tactics are good for that too.

#12 - Plan

Plan your attack and stick to the plan. If anything goes wrong adapt yourself or change the plans. It's always good to have and alternative plan too. Think on every single aspect on your plan. From where you are going to be till what you're going to do and possibly face. It takes time to make a plan, but it is worth it.

Special thanks to AlexHits. Great job.

Alex Fire

Dec 29, 2011, 1:59:00 PM12/29/11
to noobp...@googlegroups.com
Experimentem traduzir no tradutor do goole só pra ver se fica compreensível quando puderem e me passem um retorno tão logo for possível.

Alex Fire

Dec 29, 2011, 2:04:48 PM12/29/11
to NOOB Platoon
Na página do google groups antiga o link de tradução fica logo no
início do post ao lado do link ver perfil logo depois do meu Nick.

Edu Racing

Jan 2, 2012, 11:38:21 AM1/2/12
to NOOB Platoon
execelente post!

On Dec 29 2011, 4:56 pm, Alex Fire <4lexf...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
> Use all your weapons, nades, stationary and available resources. Think
> about the weapons that will fit better to each situation.
>
> *#9 - Retreat*
> Retreat when things get too bad, specialy if you are injured. Fall back,
> recover yourself and think about another way to attack
>
> *#10 - Move*
> Avoid beign a fix target when you are exposed. Even when firing and using
> your weapon's aim you can move. As a sniper you should think about relocate
> yourself too.
>
> *#11 - Stealth*
> Avoid beign spotted. Keep quiet, only shoot if it's necessary. If you spawn
> on a squadmate that is hiddin' his self move away from his position to
> start firing or to commence the attack into the enemy. Always try to ambush
> your enemies - traps, surprise attack and flank attack tactics are good for

Edu Racing

Jan 2, 2012, 11:41:04 AM1/2/12
to NOOB Platoon
fica bom a tradução pelo Google, so algumas palavras que ele não
entende.