Version 2.6.0.960 alpha is out

arb...@nomad-net.info

Jan 28, 2009, 7:14:27 AM1/28/09
to nomad-net
Hello everybody. Today is my birthday, so I decided to present a
preview of new release. This is major upgrade features tabs, portable
mode, configurable themes and so on. Also this version introduces
breaking changes into configuration files, so options upgrade from the
previous version is not possible, you need to manually configure
everything again (and even copy your bookmarks and tools into new
location). Sorry. But I hope this is last time, because due to new
configuration subsystem, everything now is written by me, and I hope I
can provide transparent upgrade path in future.

As usual I need you responses about this release. So feel free to send
your ideas, comments and of course bug reports. And don't be silent!

Program has also uploaded to the files section of this group:
http://groups.google.com/group/nomad-net/web/nomad-net_2_6_0_960_a.zip

What's new from previous versions:

from Version 2.5.1.868 RC:
! Tabs! (create, close, drag, save tabs on exit and all other tab
actions supported)
! Themes are now fully customizable (introducing Nomad.Themes)
! Config files location is configurable now (allows fully portable
mode)
+ New theme: Flat
+ New theme: IE7
+ New command: Lock Folder Change
+ New command: Select by Name
+ New command: Toggle One Panel Mode
+ New command: Navigation Link (Synchronous browsing in left and right
panels)
+ Ability to extract entire archive when starting executable from it
+ Ability to change thumbnail size (see actChangeView command)
+ Experimental support for unreadable local file system items
+ New environment variables: %nomadcfddir%, %nomadver%
* Many new menu icons added
* Themes now separated by style and color
* Command actShowBookmarks now shown on toolbar as drop down button
* Configuration file format changed greatly, so options upgrage
unavailable
* Confirmations block moved into Security section in Options
* A lot of various improvements and optimizations
- Bug #75 fixed (Exception when there is no access to reparse point)
- Bug #76 fixed (Exception on copy files to unexistent ftp site (or
ftp folder))
- Bug #77 fixed (Desktop flickering when navigating to folder with
many files)
- Bug #78 fixed (When going to parent folder, current folder sometimes
not on screen)
- Other unlisted bugs was fixed as well

ak

Jan 29, 2009, 7:16:20 AM1/29/09
to nomad-net
Happy birthday! :)
And thank you for the new version.

TnS

Jan 29, 2009, 8:05:07 PM1/29/09
to nomad-net
I also would like to wish you happy birthday! :)

My first bug that I encountered with is that on 64 bit Windows 7
archives are not working, Tools/Options/Archive says that "No archive
format descriptions found".

Anyway I'm happy that I've found this program (on
http://www.donationcoder.com/Forums/bb/index.php?topic=9958.msg106722#msg106722
), because it looks very promising. :)

Hunter

Jan 30, 2009, 1:04:44 AM1/30/09
to nomad-net
Firstly, Happy Birthday! and thanks for this present.
I love the new version, and the tabs are great (with vertical folder
bar, 1 panel and in detailed view). I haven't spent much itm with it
yet. But i did get 1 exception. See below.
I also have one question. Where does the configuration save to? (how
do i make it portable?)

System.InvalidOperationException: Collection was modified; enumeration
operation may not execute.
at System.Collections.ArrayList.ArrayListEnumeratorSimple.MoveNext
()
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ExitInternal()
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Exit(CancelEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Exit()
at Nomad.MainForm.tsmiExit_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in D:
\Programming\Projects\Nomad.NET\Nomad\MainForm.cs:line 3060
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key,
EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs
e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive
(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e,
ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs
mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons
button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage
(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc
(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32
msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Cuchuk Sergey

Jan 30, 2009, 6:02:51 AM1/30/09
to noma...@googlegroups.com
Here're those things i found
1. Bug with have no access to drive F appeared again. It appears when i'm selecting drive with mouse and holding mouse on drive to which i have no access

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'F:\' is denied.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIODriveError(String driveName, Int32 errorCode)
   at System.IO.DriveInfo.get_TotalFreeSpace()
   at Nomad.FileSystem.LocalFile.FileSystemDrive.get_ToolTip() in D:\Programming\Projects\Nomad.NET\Nomad\FileSystem\File\FileSystemDrive.cs:line 358
   at Nomad.FileSystem.Virtual.VirtualToolTip.ShowTooltip(IVirtualItemUI item) in D:\Programming\Projects\Nomad.NET\Nomad\FileSystem\Virtual\UI\VirtualToolTip.cs:line 79
   at Nomad.VirtualFilePanel.VirtualItemToolStripItem_MouseHover(Object sender, EventArgs e) in D:\Programming\Projects\Nomad.NET\Nomad\VirtualFilePanel.cs:line 4841

   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseHover(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)

   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.MouseHoverTimer.OnTick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
Nomad
    Assembly Version: 2.6.0.960
    Win32 Version: 2.6.0.960
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Program%20Files/nomad/Nomad.exe
System
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
Nomad.Commons
    Assembly Version: 2.6.0.59
    Win32 Version: 2.6.0.59
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Program%20Files/nomad/Nomad.Commons.DLL
Nomad.Interop
    Assembly Version: 2.6.0.82
    Win32 Version: 2.6.0.82
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Program%20Files/nomad/Nomad.Interop.DLL
System.Configuration
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Nomad.Themes
    Assembly Version: 2.6.0.29
    Win32 Version: 2.6.0.29
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Program%20Files/nomad/Nomad.Themes.DLL
Nomad.resources
    Assembly Version: 2.6.0.960
    Win32 Version: 2.6.0.960
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Program%20Files/nomad/ru/Nomad.resources.DLL
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
Accessibility
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
taglib-sharp
    Assembly Version: 2.0.3.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.3.0
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Program%20Files/nomad/taglib-sharp.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

2. Ctrl+G

when to type f:\
message occurs 'Invalid folder name' with not correct description "Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

3. Deleting files on flash devices\HDD in recycle bin does not work

Often deleting files with flag(move to recycle bin turned on) does not work without any message.
When flag is off, all works fine

4. Feature suggest

when there'are much windows are opened, it's comfortable to view percentage of copy in task bar,
but this is not comfortable because for russian translation caption is stripped and user have to put mouse above the task bar copying/moving window item and wait for popup.

idea is to Copy/Move {0}%-> Copy {0}% or Move {0}%, that will allow to view entire message about percentage of completing in taskbar without opening window. Also % of work is important so maybe there's no sence to take it in ()

as for me that's not important in nomad, because i'm often copying much from computer caffe to flash device and there's no .net 2 installed nor nomad.

5. Also about program main menu. Intellectual menu.

Idea is based on fact that in overloaded with menu items programs all menu items that were used very rarely in past week are hidden and arrow(that shows all hidden) in the bottom of such menuses are added. That helps to user to not read in xxx-th time 'Connection with Ftp' without taking care of configuring the program and speeds up their work.

what do you think of it?

6. Bug with popup window. When working with some programs i sometimes see a modal popup with file selected file contents when nomad is inactive and i work with other application.

7. Deleting files via keyboard issue

In dialog box button Cancel is activated, so user have to press 'Arrow left' and enter to complete the operation. Cases when user makes mistake with removing files/folders are rare, and for such cases a recycle bin was done in windows, but the discomfort for removing files via keyboard present always(user have to press 'Arrow left')

2009/1/30 Hunter <hbea...@gmail.com>

--

Best regards, Siarhei Kuchuk
ICQ: 376562952

CONFIDENTIALITY CAUTION AND DISCLAIMER
This message is intended only for the use of the individual(s) or entity(ies) to which it is addressed and contains information that is legally privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, or the person responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. All unintended recipients are obliged to delete this message and destroy any printed copies.

arb...@nomad-net.info

Jan 30, 2009, 8:51:37 AM1/30/09
to nomad-net
On Jan 30, 8:04 am, Hunter <hbeanl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Firstly, Happy Birthday! and thanks for this present.
> I love the new version, and the tabs are great (with vertical folder
> bar, 1 panel and in detailed view). I haven't spent much itm with it
> yet. But i did get 1 exception. See below.

Thanks :)

> I also have one question. Where does the configuration save to? (how
> do i make it portable?)

Look at nomad.exe.config file there is commented section at top of
this file, you can uncomment it, and nomad will become portable. There
is also config strings for bookmarks and tools location, so you can
configure them too if you wish (by default they linked to default
configuration path).
Can you reproduce this bug? Maybe some steps that lead to this bug?

arb...@nomad-net.info

Jan 30, 2009, 9:13:05 AM1/30/09
to nomad-net
On Jan 30, 3:05 am, TnS <vegvari.mik...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I also would like to wish you happy birthday! :)

Thanks :)

> My first bug that I encountered with is that on 64 bit Windows 7
> archives are not working, Tools/Options/Archive says that "No archive
> format descriptions found".
>
> Anyway I'm happy that I've found this program (onhttp://www.donationcoder.com/Forums/bb/index.php?topic=9958.msg106722...
> ), because it looks very promising. :)

This is not a bug really. This archive includes 7z.dll for 32bit
windows only. And while nomad can work both in 32 and 64 bit, 7z
won't. So right now you need to download 64bit 7z. Install it. And
take 7z.dll from 7z folder.

Later, when nomad will go final, I will include both 7z.dll versions
in the installer (I already has install script made by Cuchuk Sergey :)

Hunter

Jan 31, 2009, 6:25:21 PM1/31/09
to nomad-net
oh yeah sorry, i didn't say when the exception occurred: after i
upgraded from the last Nomad I ran this version for the first time. I
turned off the dual panel, turned on the vert folder bar, changed to
detailed view and created 2 new tabs. I went to the Options and turned
on (always) the delayed icon reading, and Ok. I then tried to close
the form (top right X). The exception occured. I selected Continue and
tried to shutdown again and did not get an error. If i open and close
Nomad now, i do not get any error.
> > - Other unlisted bugs was fixed as well- Hide quoted text -

TnS

Feb 1, 2009, 7:18:31 AM2/1/09
to nomad-net
Thanks for the delayed icon reading tip, Nomad.NET is now almost as
fast a Total Commander. :) I think it should be always by default.

Cuchuk Sergey

Feb 2, 2009, 7:17:31 AM2/2/09
to noma...@googlegroups.com

also this problem can be avoided by configuring according to this article http://opensebj.blogspot.com/2007/12/64-bit-windows-with-c-express-net-and.html