Version 2.8.0.1410 alpha is out

arbiter

Jan 12, 2010, 7:10:57 AM1/12/10
to nomad-net
Next major version. Funniest thing about this release that none of the
features initially planned for this version is implemented, but still,
there is a lot of new things. Main highlights is greatly increased
speed, now Nomad is much, MUCH faster, also there is a lot new
features that specific to newest Windows versions (Vista, Win7). Great
attention been made to visuals, so there is a lot of new visual stuff
too. Also this version must work ok on x64. And, however, this version
is marked alpha, I recommend to switch because there is a lot of
bugfixes too.

As usual I need you responses about this release, especially about
setup and upgrade wizard. So feel free to send your ideas, comments
and of course bug reports. If you posted bug for previous version, and
this bug were not fixed in this one, please repost it in this thread.

Program had been uploaded to the files section of this group:
http://groups.google.com/group/nomad-net/web/nomad-net_2_8_0_1410_a.zip

What's new from version 2.6.8.1195:

! Completely new list and tree view painting engine with run-time
alpha blending
! New breadcrumb bar: completely redesigned, better drives support,
recent folders history, command button, context menu, vista-like, etc.
! Native explorer theme support for list views and tree views added
(Vista)
! Support for file based themes added, many new configurable theme
options
! Initial initialization improved: new initial tasks, detailed
progress report, license information in Setup and Upgrade dialog
! Much better unhandled exceptions processing, new Error dialog, show
crush information on next start, *.pdb files removed from distribution
! Massive code optimizations in many-many areas, program now works
much faster
+ File tooltips support transparency now, configurable in options
+ New default dialogs layout, with dedicated buttons bar, better auto-
sizing, etc.
+ Vista thumbnail provider added
+ Show 'Administrator' label in form title when running with elevated
permissions (Vista)
+ Show opearation state and progress in taskbar button (Win7)
+ Added support for restart and recovery functionality (Vista)
+ Register jump list tasks during initialization (Win7)
+ Support for IconResource desktop.ini parameter added
+ Support for animated thumnails in Image property provider
+ Additional special folders can now be added in app.config
+ Detect edited file changes and upload changed file back to ftp
server
+ In many cases Nomad can detect application that locked file (Vista)
+ Better multi-threading support: new framework for parrallel
computations used in many
+ File tooltips support moved to dedicated thread (UI is much more
responsive now)
+ Issue #104 resolved (Detect and handle close colors situations using
some approximation algorithm)
+ Folder tree view now watch for folders changing and updated
accordingly
+ Option to select folders in addition to files has beed added in
Select dialog
+ Support for application commands added (Stop, Refresh, etc buttons
on some keyboads and mices)
+ When clicking on empty space in panel new context menu is shown
(with appropriate commands configurable through nomad.config)
+ New command line option: -dump (used for debugging application
hangs)
+ New command line option: -old (use existing nomad instance when
possible)
+ Improved item images support for certain menu items in shell context
menu (Vista, TortoiseSVN)
+ Additional options for list view styles (list, thumbnails, etc) in
View menu
+ Show panel state in folder panel bar (filtered, locked)
+ New assembly added Nomad.FileSystem.dll for future plug-ins support
+ New configurable option: Show '..' item in list
+ New configurable option: Clear selection before performing file
operation
+ Issue #15 implemented (Vista style progress bar looks ugly under
Win9x, WinNT and Win2k)
+ New command: Help contents
+ New commands: Map Network Drive and Disconnect Network Drive
+ New command: Copy current folder as Text
+ New command: Quick Change Folder
+ New command: Recent Folders
+ New command: Open in Far Folder
+ New commands: Left = Right and Right = Left
+ Support for complex plural forms added (used in Russian and
Belarussian translations)
+ Two new themes: Classic/Norton Commander and Classic/Dos Navigator
+ Many new overwrite rules in Overwrite dialog (look in drop down)
+ Skip File button in copy dialog (skip file if it takes too long to
copy it)
+ New paste content dialog (paste clipboard content (text, image, etc)
into file)
+ Added ability to hide main menu
+ Ability to run external tools with administrative privileges added
* Refresh panel algorithm changed (long-lasting issue with panel sort
fixed)
* Ability to create untyped files in New File dialog
* Extract valid default icons in Vista, Win7
* Much better tree view support in Vista
* User can now drop items on supported unopened archives
* Faster extracted icons displaying when using delayed extraction
* List view columns support changed, now user enter min column width
in pixels instead of columns count
* Faster (more responsive) main form resizing with mouse, better
maximization support
* TagLib-sharp.dll updated to version 2.0.3.3
* Support for 7z.dll version 9.x (LZMA2, XZ archive, etc)
* 7z.dll updated to version 9.10 update 3
* Startup time redused significantly, especially when loading many
tabs
* Delayed icons extracting now used everywhere (breadcrumb, menus,
etc) which lead for faster and more responsive ui
* Ask for extract entire arhive when trying to watch .html file
* Folder change detection code for non-NT (Win9x, Samba) systems
completely rewritten
* Support for relative icon path in desktop.ini added
* Better (faster) clipboard state detection (Vista)
* Additional text fields validation added in many dialogs (Make
Folder, Bookmark Folder, etc)
* Respect image orientation EXIF tag in Image property provider
* Office 2007 theme removed from main distribution
* Select only file name when renaming file
* Show file name along with folder in File Сopy Dialog when copying
single file
* Options dialog size and positions are preserved now (use Shift to
reset position when opening)
* Support for folder links (*.lnk, *.url) in command line added
- Bugfix: Delays when showing drive menu on some systems removed
- Bugfix: Refresh on network folder now correctly reloading content
- Bugfix: Issue with losing list view items colors were fixed
- Bugfix: Archive reloading functionality restored
- Bugfix: Intercept exception when opening wcx archive (invalid wcx
plugin)
- Bugfix: Racing condition in icon extraction engine removed
- Bugfix: Thumnail sizes was not stored in panel layout
- Bugfix: Many x64 related issues were fixed, must work correctly now
- Bugfix: RunInThread and AsyncFileCopy options were not stored/
restored correctly
- Bugfix: Correct handling of 'abc;def' name filters
- Bug #118 fixed (Cannot rename folder to the same name with other
casings)
- Bug #119 fixed (Race conditions in Shell image provider)
- Bug #121 fixed (Access denied when deleting Read-Only files)
- Bug #122 fixed (Sort mark in details view not shown when multiple
tabs)
- Bug #123 fixed (Repeating SecurityException when accessing registry
in some rare cases)

zhech

Jan 12, 2010, 7:28:00 AM1/12/10
to nomad-net
Great! Will test now ^)

Teolog

Jan 12, 2010, 11:13:48 AM1/12/10
to nomad-net
Small bug ;)
On Create Folder (F7 key) dialog, folder input edit not focused by
default, so user needs to focus it with mouse to input name.

Cehhby

Jan 13, 2010, 1:01:42 AM1/13/10
to nomad-net
This version crashes on run nomad.exe (previous does not) :(

zhech

Jan 13, 2010, 1:54:54 AM1/13/10
to nomad-net
1) Окно настроек, "Подсветка", первый выбор имени "Executable",
второй выбор подсветки "Hidden"
--- Exception Stack Trace ---
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance
of an object.
at Nomad.Controls.AdvancedToolTip.UpdateToolTipBoxLocation
(System.Windows.Forms.PictureBox toolTipBox,
System.Windows.Forms.Control control)
{2614cda2f90d4a93b05f7d5a41e9d475:0x6000f26} [0xa]
at Nomad.Controls.AdvancedToolTip.Control_LocationChanged
(System.Object sender, System.EventArgs e)
{2614cda2f90d4a93b05f7d5a41e9d475:0x6000f27} [0x15]
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnSizeChanged(System.EventArgs e)
{e2a5a94c0bfb4dcda70d138cf052a0ed:0x600157f} [0x24]
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.UpdateBounds(Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32
width, Int32 height, Int32 clientWidth, Int32 clientHeight)
{e2a5a94c0bfb4dcda70d138cf052a0ed:0x6001603} [0x85]
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.UpdateBounds()
{e2a5a94c0bfb4dcda70d138cf052a0ed:0x6001601} [0x7c]
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmWindowPosChanged
(System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) {e2a5a94c0bfb4dcda70d138cf052a0ed:
0x600163b} [0x7]
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc
(System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) {e2a5a94c0bfb4dcda70d138cf052a0ed:
0x600163c} [0x60f]
at System.Windows.Forms.Label.WndProc(System.Windows.Forms.Message&
m) {e2a5a94c0bfb4dcda70d138cf052a0ed:0x6004250} [0x56]
at System.Windows.Forms.Control+ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage
(System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) {e2a5a94c0bfb4dcda70d138cf052a0ed:
0x60016f4} [0x0]
at System.Windows.Forms.Control+ControlNativeWindow.WndProc
(System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) {e2a5a94c0bfb4dcda70d138cf052a0ed:
0x60016f7} [0x8e]
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32
msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam) {e2a5a94c0bfb4dcda70d138cf052a0ed:
0x60016cd} [0x25]

--- Additional Data ---
OS Version=Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2
CLR Version=2.0.50727.3082
Processor Count=2
Working Set=59301888

2) --- Exception Stack Trace ---
System.ArgumentException: Value does not fall within the expected
range.
at Nomad.Commons.Drawing.IconList.Add(Size key, System.Drawing.Image
value) {28335ac65db44454b7baae43c978d95a:0x600039c} [0x32]
at Nomad.CustomImageProvider.AddIconToCache
(Nomad.Commons.Drawing.IconLocation iconLocation, System.Drawing.Size&
size, System.Drawing.Image icon)
{2614cda2f90d4a93b05f7d5a41e9d475:0x600093b} [0x2c]
at Nomad.CustomImageProvider.LoadIconFromLocation
(Nomad.Commons.Drawing.IconLocation iconLocation, Size size)
{2614cda2f90d4a93b05f7d5a41e9d475:0x600093d} [0x3f]
at Nomad.CustomImageProvider.LoadIconFromLocation2
(Nomad.Commons.Drawing.IconLocation iconLocation, System.Drawing.Size&
size) {2614cda2f90d4a93b05f7d5a41e9d475:0x600093f} [0x2d]
at Nomad.CustomImageProvider.GetFileIcon(System.String fileName,
System.String extension, System.Drawing.Size& size)
{2614cda2f90d4a93b05f7d5a41e9d475:0x600094a} [0x21e]
at Nomad.CustomImageProvider.GetFileIcon(System.String fileName,
Size size) {2614cda2f90d4a93b05f7d5a41e9d475:0x600094b} [0x1f]
at Nomad.FileSystem.LocalFile.CustomFileSystemFile.GetItemIcon(Size
size, Boolean defaultIcon)
{2614cda2f90d4a93b05f7d5a41e9d475:0x60005c0} [0x32]
at Nomad.FileSystem.LocalFile.FileSystemItem.ExtractIcon(Size size,
Boolean canUseAlpha) {2614cda2f90d4a93b05f7d5a41e9d475:0x6000583}
[0x1]
at Nomad.FileSystem.LocalFile.FileSystemItem.GetIcon(Size size,
Boolean canUseDelayedExtract, Boolean canUseAlpha)
{2614cda2f90d4a93b05f7d5a41e9d475:0x6000584} [0x134]
at Nomad.FileSystem.LocalFile.FileSystemItem.GetIcon(Size size,
IconStyle style) {2614cda2f90d4a93b05f7d5a41e9d475:0x600058a} [0x19]
at Nomad.FileSystem.Virtual.VirtualIcon.GetIcon(IVirtualItem item,
Size size, IconStyle style)
{2614cda2f90d4a93b05f7d5a41e9d475:0x6000f9d} [0x40]
at Nomad.VirtualFilePanel.listView_PostDrawItem(System.Object
sender, Nomad.Controls.PostDrawListViewItemEventArgs e)
{2614cda2f90d4a93b05f7d5a41e9d475:0x6000497} [0x168]
at Nomad.Controls.ListViewEx.OnPostDrawItem
(Nomad.Controls.PostDrawListViewItemEventArgs e)
{2614cda2f90d4a93b05f7d5a41e9d475:0x6000a81} [0x1f]
at Nomad.Controls.ListViewEx.WmCustomDraw
(System.Windows.Forms.Message& m)
{2614cda2f90d4a93b05f7d5a41e9d475:0x6000aad} [0x2ce]
at Nomad.Controls.ListViewEx.WndProc(System.Windows.Forms.Message&
m) {2614cda2f90d4a93b05f7d5a41e9d475:0x6000aae} [0x39f]
at System.Windows.Forms.Control+ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage
(System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) {e2a5a94c0bfb4dcda70d138cf052a0ed:
0x60016f4} [0x0]
at System.Windows.Forms.Control+ControlNativeWindow.WndProc
(System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) {e2a5a94c0bfb4dcda70d138cf052a0ed:
0x60016f7} [0x8e]
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32
msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam) {e2a5a94c0bfb4dcda70d138cf052a0ed:
0x60016cd} [0x25]

3) Как предложение: почему бы не сделать такую удобную кнопку в окне
настроек, как "Применить"? :)

xuMepa

Jan 13, 2010, 4:44:14 AM1/13/10
to nomad-net
1. через раз срабатывают ctrl+n, alt+f7;
2. на вин7 не работает история посещения папок, на xp нормально;
3. на одной из машин под вин7 номад крэшится при клике по Настройки /
Архивы;
4. вид / как миниатюры, вид / (маленькие, средние, нормальные,
большие) - миниатюры исчезают;
5. при включении фильтра по alt+del, нигде визуально не видно, что
применен фильтр и какой;
6. в результатах поиска нельзя определить в какой из вложенных папок
находится найденный файл и как в эту папку перейти;
7. открыть в обоих панелях один и тот же каталог в режиме содержимого
дерева папок, затем сделать сравнение каталогов с опцией (по
содержимому) - "'Элемент с тем же ключом уже существует".
8. в этом же режиме как в п.7 добавить колонку с md5-хэшем и нажать на
нее, для сортировки - exception.

arbiter

Jan 13, 2010, 11:00:34 AM1/13/10
to nomad-net
Can you provide more details? Is there any specific machine
configuration? Maybe error messages or logs?

arbiter

Jan 13, 2010, 11:01:35 AM1/13/10
to nomad-net
1. Thanks, confirmed
2. Thanks, confirmed
3. I'll think about it, this is not so easy as it seems

arbiter

Jan 13, 2010, 11:06:51 AM1/13/10
to nomad-net
1. Cannot confirm, can you provide detailed reproduce steps?
2. Cannot confirm too, what do you mean by "folder browsing history"?
3. Bad. Very bad. This is known long standing issue, and it seems that
problem is in 7z.dll. However investigation needed again (I hoping
that with newest 7z version problem will disappear). BTW, what is you
OS version?
4. Confirmed, thanks
5. Not true, you can see filter icon in panel's bottom right corner
and click on it to remove filtering
6. Not true, there is "Location" line in popup tooltip and Panel ->
Open Containing Folder to follow into this location
7. Known issue, no fix for it at the moment
8. Confirmed, thanks

xuMepa

Jan 13, 2010, 2:07:17 PM1/13/10
to nomad-net
> 1. Cannot confirm, can you provide detailed reproduce steps?
Потестил более детально. После запуска не работает ни то, ни то. Если
вызвать создание файла через меню, то после этого начинает работать и
клавиатурное комбинация. Точно такое же поведение и у поиска.
Срабатывает с клавиатуры только после того, как хотябы раз зайдешь в
него через меню.

> 2. Cannot confirm too, what do you mean by "folder browsing history"?

Это я про выпадающий список в breadcrumb. По клику ничего не выпадает,
с клавиатуры соответственно тоже не срабатывает(win7). Под XP
работает, но тоже есть проблемы, еще потестирую и опишу позже.

> 3. Bad. Very bad. This is known long standing issue, and it seems that
> problem is in 7z.dll. However investigation needed again (I hoping
> that with newest 7z version problem will disappear). BTW, what is you
> OS version?

Жаль, жаль.. со старой версией такого не было. Win7 build 7600.

> 5. Not true, you can see filter icon in panel's bottom right corner
> and click on it to remove filtering

Хм, точно, иконка есть, но жаль, что не видно текущей маски.

> 6. Not true, there is "Location" line in popup tooltip and Panel ->
> Open Containing Folder to follow into this location

Тултипы отключены, поэтому увидеть путь мне видимо не судьба. Да,
через меню можно отрыть папку, согласен, назначу shortcut.

> 7. Known issue, no fix for it at the moment

Будем ждать.

Про тултипы: я их не использую, но по Ctrl+(Left, Right) они все равно
появляются для дисков. Так и задумано?
В выпадающем списке Breadcrumb по клику на элемент не происходит сразу
перехода на папку, а остается активным поле редактирования. Для
перехода надо совершать еще одно действие.

Cehhby

Jan 14, 2010, 6:08:51 AM1/14/10
to nomad-net
2Arbiter

AMD Athlon64 3500+ 2.21
XP win32 sp2
1gb
previous version - 2.6.8 RC

Where i can fin logs?)

Looks Like standard win-error message:
"Nomad.NET -обнаружена ошибка.Приложение будет закрыто.Приносим
извинения за неудобства.Если работа не была закончена рабочие данные
могут быть утеряны." (+strande dw20.exe in processes :) )

zhech

Jan 14, 2010, 7:17:05 AM1/14/10
to nomad-net
А, случаем, никак нельзя посмотреть на исходники? :)

arbiter

Jan 15, 2010, 5:04:01 AM1/15/10
to nomad-net
On Jan 13, 9:07 pm, xuMepa <petro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > 1. Cannot confirm, can you provide detailed reproduce steps?
>
> Потестил более детально. После запуска не работает ни то, ни то. Если
> вызвать создание файла через меню, то после этого начинает работать и
> клавиатурное комбинация. Точно такое же поведение и у поиска.
> Срабатывает с клавиатуры только после того, как хотябы раз зайдешь в
> него через меню.

Confirmed, thanks. Your toolbars were hided or reconfigured, right?

> > 2. Cannot confirm too, what do you mean by "folder browsing history"?
>
> Это я про выпадающий список в breadcrumb. По клику ничего не выпадает,
> с клавиатуры соответственно тоже не срабатывает(win7). Под XP
> работает, но тоже есть проблемы, еще потестирую и опишу позже.

I think this is misunderstanding. This drop down does not contains
recently browsed folders, for such purpose there is an back button
drop-down. Instead this drop down contains last 15 entries that
entered (and followed) in breadcrumb or "Select Folder" dialog.

> > 3. Bad. Very bad. This is known long standing issue, and it seems that
> > problem is in 7z.dll. However investigation needed again (I hoping
> > that with newest 7z version problem will disappear). BTW, what is you
> > OS version?
>
> Жаль, жаль.. со старой версией такого не было. Win7 build 7600.

Try to play with different 7z.dll versions. For example you can take
7z.dll from previous version, Nomad must work with any 7z version (of
course some features will be unavailable).

> > 5. Not true, you can see filter icon in panel's bottom right corner
> > and click on it to remove filtering
>
> Хм, точно, иконка есть, но жаль, что не видно текущей маски.

Filter is much more complex that simple mask, so it is hard to display
it in general case.

> > 6. Not true, there is "Location" line in popup tooltip and Panel ->
> > Open Containing Folder to follow into this location
>
> Тултипы отключены, поэтому увидеть путь мне видимо не судьба. Да,
> через меню можно отрыть папку, согласен, назначу shortcut.

I will also add this command (Open Containing Folder) into context
menu for found items.

> > 7. Known issue, no fix for it at the moment
>
> Будем ждать.
>
> Про тултипы: я их не использую, но по Ctrl+(Left, Right) они все равно
> появляются для дисков. Так и задумано?

No, I simple missed that, will fix it :)

> В выпадающем списке Breadcrumb по клику на элемент не происходит сразу
> перехода на папку, а остается активным поле редактирования. Для
> перехода надо совершать еще одно действие.

Well, suggestions? Threat this drop down and edit box in breadcrumb
bar as combo box, then you will see reason.

arbiter

Jan 15, 2010, 5:07:14 AM1/15/10
to nomad-net
Well, if you wish to see sources for educational purposes, then
Reflector will help you (code is not obfuscated nor have protection of
any kind).
But if you wish to reuse this code in your projects then this is
prohibited.
There is some sources on my site for developers, you can use it
freely. No so much there, but more will come :)

arbiter

Jan 15, 2010, 5:08:30 AM1/15/10
to nomad-net

Cehhby

Jan 15, 2010, 5:14:42 AM1/15/10
to nomad-net
2Arbiter
> http://groups.google.com/group/nomad-net/browse_thread/thread/2d4850c...

sorry, but there is no BMG Folder... really :)

zhech

Jan 15, 2010, 5:38:30 AM1/15/10
to nomad-net
Спасибо, я не хочу использовать этот код в коммерческих либо других
целях, просто интересно для себя. Ок, буду юзать рефлектор. Но, по-
моему код все-таки был обфуцирован в прошлой версии :) 10x

xuMepa

Jan 15, 2010, 3:00:28 PM1/15/10
to nomad-net
> Confirmed, thanks. Your toolbars were hided or reconfigured, right?
Да, тулбар скрыт. Я все с клавиатуры делаю.

Именно по этой причине "back button dropdown" для таких как я - не
лучший выход. Я надеялся , что по alt+down будет выпадать история
посещения папок. :(
Держать видимой панель только из-за этой функции совсем не хочется.

Beast

Jan 16, 2010, 4:31:55 AM1/16/10
to nomad-net
После открытия панели поиска (Ctrl+F) повторное нажатие ее не
закрывает и Esc тоже не помогает. Приходится закрывать мышкой, что
очень неудобно.

Alexey Zverev

Jan 16, 2010, 1:05:16 PM1/16/10
to noma...@googlegroups.com
Достаточно выставить Auto Hide (не знаю, как на русском) для панели снизу - и все будет хорошо.

2010/1/16 Beast <apod...@gmail.com>
После открытия панели поиска (Ctrl+F) повторное нажатие ее не
закрывает и Esc тоже не помогает. Приходится закрывать мышкой, что
очень неудобно.

WBR,
Alexey.

Can-Yi Lu

Jan 4, 2013, 2:12:56 AM1/4/13
to noma...@googlegroups.com
How to get the tree view for each panel?