This discussion group is intended for people interested in attending a
NOLS Leadership Expedition who are also committed to living in
accordance with Orthodox Jewish Law. For more information, visit this
Steps to organize and contract the course.
1. NOLS requires a minimum of 8 people for a course. However, group
size and gender balance may differ some to support your religious
practices during the course, eg. ten men for prayer.
2. Please use the discussion board to connect with other interested
potential participants to meet the group size and configuration to
meet your needs and interests. You should identify a person who will
lead religious practices on the course and serve as a NOLS planning
3. Identify a course length and timeframe that work for your group.
NOLS standard course length is 28 days. Students can also gain
valuable leadership and wilderness skills on courses as short as 2
4. Select a NOLS Sponsor Contact. This person interacts with the NOLS
headquarters to make all financial and logistical arrangements.
5. When you have a group with similar timeframes availiable and
interests identified, have your Sponsor Contact call or write NOLS
Professional Training Program Coordinator Rachael Price (307-335-2214